Dubas presser live stream link - recap

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Admin
Site Admin

Dubas presser live stream link - recap

Post by Admin »

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dubas presser live stream link

Post by Admin »

Nothing to see here...

- Sullivan is the best person to help us.
- Power play will fix itself.
- Graves will get better.
- Samorukov will be put on waivers today.
- Doesn't know about chemistry.
- Karlsson has great ideas.
- Steigy asks about something??
- Backtracks on importance of last two games. The BS alert system sounded during his answer. :lol:
- He's excited to see how season plays out and leaves to add some more base layers...

This was needed why?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

At least Dubas is wearing a cool vest. :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

KG wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:53 pm At least Dubas is wearing a cool vest. :D
Yeah, he's layered up all right.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

So Dubas gave Sully the old GM vote of confidence, saying he's the right coach for the job...We'll see how that all works out!
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:04 pm So Dubas gave Sully the old GM vote of confidence, saying he's the right coach for the job...We'll see how that all works out!
Not just a vote of confidence, but he seemed to be giving him a multi-year vote of confidence.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Dubas presser live stream link - recap

Post by largegarlic »

I didn't listen, but isn't it kind of weird to hold a presser just to say that everything is fine? I guess maybe Dubas felt like the "Sullivan is on the hot seat" narrative was gaining too much traction?
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

Pathetic. Other than not going to games or anything these days, not really many ways to affect this idiocy of the organization for me. They don't care if I watch the games on the free ESPN i get through Verizon so... I already only half watch the games as it is because well they just aren't interesting to watch anymore for the most part.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

largegarlic wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:47 pm I didn't listen, but isn't it kind of weird to hold a presser just to say that everything is fine? I guess maybe Dubas felt like the "Sullivan is on the hot seat" narrative was gaining too much traction?
Hopefully it’s the everything is fine while at the same time interviewing replacement coaches press conferences. Like you said, it was weird to hold a press conference.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:04 pm So Dubas gave Sully the old GM vote of confidence, saying he's the right coach for the job...We'll see how that all works out!
It's been years since I actively followed football (yall might mistakenly call it soccer), but the folks running the club publicly support the coach...

... he usually gets fired in a couple of weeks time. It's like a kiss of death. Am I to believe this fine tradition hasn't made it into hockey (yet)?

Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Pittsburgh Penguins’ Kyle Dubas expresses unwavering support for head coach Mike Sullivan, dismisses calls for coaching change

Just about the worst news possible. SMH!
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

And you may ask yourself…
How did I get here?

Same as it ever was…
Same as it ever was…
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

pronovost19 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:35 pm And you may ask yourself…
How did I get here?

Same as it ever was…
Same as it ever was…
Maybe we missed the smaller, and more significant headline.

Big headline....... Dubas has press conference backing Sullivan

Smaller headline....... After press conference Vellucci seen entering Dubas office
E-Ramone
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by E-Ramone »

Fire Dubas!!! Too soon? :P

But seriously, did he at least leave Rierden out of the “everything’s-gonna-be-fine” remarks?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

This is not a serious team. Top to bottom it’s a **** joke now. It’s like the 3 major sports teams in Pittsburgh are competing to see who can be the most disinterested in actually winning.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

The Pirates set the bar, now the other two are following suit.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:30 pm This is not a serious team. Top to bottom it’s a **** joke now. It’s like the 3 major sports teams in Pittsburgh are competing to see who can be the most disinterested in actually winning.
It’s hard to argue with that logic. I get the Steelers and Penguins are trying to do the tradition and loyalty thing, but when is enough enough? When is the standard being the standard apply to the Teflon Mike’s? When was the last time the Steelers or Penguins were legitimate contenders? I don’t count the Pirates because they’ve barely been contenders since the 70s and the owner seems to want to make his money off the luxury tax of the Yankees and Dodgers.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

DelPen wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:30 pm This is not a serious team. Top to bottom it’s a **** joke now. It’s like the 3 major sports teams in Pittsburgh are competing to see who can be the most disinterested in actually winning.
Having Sid, Geno, and Letang retire never playing in another uniform is more important to management and ownership than winning. I don't see any other way to explain it....except, looking like this terrible of a team is probably driving the core to think about going to other teams more than any point in their career.

Can Sid extend his frustration bench door slamming to a 3 game streak?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

FLPensFan wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:05 pm
Having Sid, Geno, and Letang retire never playing in another uniform is more important to management and ownership than winning. I don't see any other way to explain it....except, looking like this terrible of a team is probably driving the core to think about going to other teams more than any point in their career.

Can Sid extend his frustration bench door slamming to a 3 game streak?
I can see the logic in that, they can market that for the next 2 decades and use it as a source of pride. The issue has never been those three but the wasted cap space of the other players. They refuse to trade guys like Rust and Dumoulin before they’re free agents. Waste assets for Jason Zucker and Derick Brassard.

This team used to be innovative in finding NHL caliber players from the UFDA pool and develop them into capable NHL players. Before anyone says the prospect pool is dry, remember Scott Wilson and Tom Kuhnhackl played over 100 games with the Penguins. I doubt the prospect pool is so bad they can’t replicate what they brought to the team. If nothing else, they brought energy and defense.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Anyone familiar with Corporate speak, Dubas has read the book front to back, upside down, and in another language other than just English.

Too early to tune him out, but his positive of getting EK on the roster is wiped out by Sullivan' deployment of his talent.

His positive of bringing in new players to play 4th line minutes is wiped out by the no productivity of the players.

His veiled tough guy speak of the next road games will dictate change if needed was a softball threat(?) all bark, zero bite (sledgehammer upside to the coach) bullsheet.

Penguins GM will give him bounce on his resume to the Corporate suits upstairs as they search for a young, go-getter, with experience running a Corporate asset.

Lifetime fan, wishing that the next GM doesn't have Corporate socks and underwear in the dresser. That's my wish.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

BigMcK wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:33 am Anyone familiar with Corporate speak, Dubas has read the book front to back, upside down, and in another language other than just English.

Too early to tune him out, but his positive of getting EK on the roster is wiped out by Sullivan' deployment of his talent.

His positive of bringing in new players to play 4th line minutes is wiped out by the no productivity of the players.

His veiled tough guy speak of the next road games will dictate change if needed was a softball threat(?) all bark, zero bite (sledgehammer upside to the coach) bullsheet.

Penguins GM will give him bounce on his resume to the Corporate suits upstairs as they search for a young, go-getter, with experience running a Corporate asset.

Lifetime fan, wishing that the next GM doesn't have Corporate socks and underwear in the dresser. That's my wish.
So...bring back Craig Patrick?
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Just remember, Dubas is only an "m" and an "s" away from a Dumbass.