Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:17 pm Another phantom roughing the passer call. He might as well have knocked him into next season.
Helmet to helmet, that’s always called.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

**** off Harvin. 20 yards?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Name a more famous pairing than Kenny Pickett and spinning into sacks?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Man, they might as well not have a left tackle. I think RT needs to be top priority in next years draft with Jones at LT followed closely by center.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Canada and Pickett both need to be gone this summer
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:51 pm Canada and Pickett both need to be gone this summer
Who replaces Pickett?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:56 pm
DelPen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:51 pm Canada and Pickett both need to be gone this summer
Who replaces Pickett?
I don’t even care
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:57 pm
Who replaces Pickett?
I don’t even care
There is no way they should have lost this game (I know it’s not over, but it’s just about).
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:57 pm
Who replaces Pickett?
I don’t even care
Might be a realistic option.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jay ... izonaState
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I think all options for QB except Trubisky should be on the table. Step 1 though has to be firing Canada. And based on comments and actions of the WR’s and Harris yesterday that should be now but can’t linger past right after the season. Get a new OC in and if he thinks Kenny can still be the guy then that new OC should have the guy he wants. But to keep Kenny as the starter any longer just because he was a first rounder who went to Pitt is not a good reason.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 am I think all options for QB except Trubisky should be on the table. Step 1 though has to be firing Canada. And based on comments and actions of the WR’s and Harris yesterday that should be now but can’t linger past right after the season. Get a new OC in and if he thinks Kenny can still be the guy then that new OC should have the guy he wants. But to keep Kenny as the starter any longer just because he was a first rounder who went to Pitt is not a good reason.
My initial reaction to drafting Pickett was that it was a reach. He’s Alex Smith, drafted because you need a QB and he’s the best of the class rather than a 1st round talent.

The reason I’m not as down on him as you are is because of Canada. I agree, get a new OC shortly after the Super Bowl (from the West Coast coaching tree) and if he thinks Kenny is the answer, great we’ll be patient. Quite frankly though, I like Rudolph more than most and think he’d thrive in a West Coast up tempo system.

That said, there a few realistic QBs in this years class that would either push Pickett or replace him. I think the needs are RT, C, MLB, maybe secondary (depending on Rush and Trice), and probably a safety. Unless there is a MLB that could actually replace Shazier, I think they can get any of those positions in the 2nd through 4th rounds. If a legit franchise QB falls to the Steelers, I think they should draft him.

As for Harris, I think if the offense was as unpredictable as when Warren is in the backfield that he would look much better. But the scheme of Harris in equals run and the occasional pass and Warren in equals pass but sometimes run is getting old.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Bye bye Matt!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Fire Sullivan now works for two sports! 😂
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Pruezy11881 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:22 am Bye bye Matt!
I think it was more than just the play calling. Apparently Jones had to physically remove Johnson after he was having a meltdown, Harris is calling him out, Pickens is frustrated. Apparently Okorafor got benched because of something he said about the offense.

Play calling sucked, but I think it's more the predictable and simplistic offense that a high school wouldn't run.

I think it's too late in the season to expect the offense to be a 400 yard per game unit, but I think we'll see improvement across the board.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Once Harris, who seems like a very level-headed dude, started venting it seemed like it was only a matter of time.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Reading some of the highlights on Faulkner’s presser, there’s a lot of stuff I really don’t like and he should not be an OC in the NFL right now.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:47 pm Reading some of the highlights on Faulkner’s presser, there’s a lot of stuff I really don’t like and he should not be an OC in the NFL right now.
I think he's there because he's a good communicator not because he's an offensive genius. The playbook will be the same. I think next year we'll see a different offensive coaching staff. Hopefully one that works better with the talent they have.

I have a feeling the problem was Canada more than his playbook or play calling (and both were awful), but him personally.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Baby steps. The WR screen with no blockers needs to go.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Execution of basic things like making sure you actually catch the ball and not fumble it.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:24 pm Execution of basic things like making sure you actually catch the ball and not fumble it.
Then the next play thinking the play is over while the ball is going the other way. Play to the whistle.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

If that was Michigan it would have been a td. Because Michigan was awarded a td on a play where the Ohio State dude ripped it out of his hands. Michigan doesn’t have to keep the ball after hitting the ground.
Jessie James and Dionte Johnson do. The interpretation of the rules is a joke. No consistency.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Missed sack on the 2 ends up being a 50 yard gain. **** stupid.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

400+ yards for the first time since 2020. So it was Matt Canada then. Unfortunately, you'd expect to see more than 16 points with that many yards.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:37 pm 400+ yards for the first time since 2020. So it was Matt Canada then. Unfortunately, you'd expect to see more than 16 points with that many yards.
Certainly saw more throws over the middle and passes over 10 yards. Different packages using Harris helped the o line open holes. Weird what happens when you have a game plan and throw out more looks to get the defense of balance, not being able to key in.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

With the Cleveland loss to Denver, the Steelers now have the number one wild card spot.