Random Penguins Fodder

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Random Penguins Fodder

Post by Daniel »

Three Stars wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:26 pm
Daniel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:08 pm
Three Stars wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:00 pm
Admin wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:56 pm
Daniel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:45 pm Even then, why would the Flyers do the Penguins any favors?
An apology for the Ron Hextall subterfuge.
If they want to be bad, then go whole hog into being bad.
The end of being bad is someone named Macklin Celebrini. I know it's immature.......but :D :lol: :shock:
Keep Your Point Total Teeny For Celebrini.

Take It On The Chin For Macklin.
Cel-e-brate Celebrini and we're going from Malkin to Macklin :fist:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Both Poulin and Puustinen are out week to week.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

KG wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:47 pm Both Poulin and Puustinen are out week to week.
Well then, won't see them in PIT this year then..
Wyopen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wyopen »

Our players are very fragile.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

I love that DK's Penguins feed has a portion of the title that now reads....Carter on being pointless...

I read that statement much differently then they meant. LOL
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Daniel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:29 pm
Three Stars wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:26 pm
Daniel wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:08 pm
Three Stars wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 3:00 pm
Admin wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:56 pm
An apology for the Ron Hextall subterfuge.
If they want to be bad, then go whole hog into being bad.
The end of being bad is someone named Macklin Celebrini. I know it's immature.......but :D :lol: :shock:
Keep Your Point Total Teeny For Celebrini.

Take It On The Chin For Macklin.
Cel-e-brate Celebrini and we're going from Malkin to Macklin :fist:
Would be fairly easy - Macklin wears #71!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

See Tatar (and Drouin) are already healthy scratches in Colorado. We were rumored to be interested in Tatar this off-season. Mabye a swap of Tatar for Nieto (who the Avs know well)? I'm sure it's too early in the season to make a trade, but something to keep an eye on as we look to add depth scoring.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sams_Dog wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 4:47 pm Wonder what will happen first - Carter gets scratched or Sullivan gets fired?
Looks like it will be A. I won't believe it until I see it though.
Luckybreak
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Luckybreak »

Fire Sully, hire anyone, I'm beyond caring as it can't get worse.
Implement 1 2 2 we saw vs Avs.
Trade or scratch Carter.

Change lines:

Guentzel Crosby Zohorna/DOC
Smith Malkin DOC/Zohorna
Rakell Eller Rust
Nieto Poulin Acciari

PP1
Line 1/2 + EK and Rust/Rakell
PP2
Line 1/2 + Letang and Rust/Rakell

Just please do something different...
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Luckybreak wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:13 pm Fire Sully, hire anyone, I'm beyond caring as it can't get worse.
Implement 1 2 2 we saw vs Avs.
Trade or scratch Carter.

Change lines:

Guentzel Crosby Zohorna/DOC
Smith Malkin DOC/Zohorna
Rakell Eller Rust
Nieto Poulin Acciari

PP1
Line 1/2 + EK and Rust/Rakell
PP2
Line 1/2 + Letang and Rust/Rakell

Just please do something different...
First things first! FIRE SULLY!
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

In the subject of fire Sully...

Is there anyone who thinks Sullivan is scratching Carter for any reason other than to not get fired? I'd love to hear the thinking behind that if you do.

It's appearing increasingly that Sullivan knows the ice he's skating on is a bit thin. So he's being more careful and actually makes some of the common sense easy decisions the fanbase has been clamouring for months to happen.

I think he's trying to not get fired by (grudgingly) make small steps to change at least some things.
Wyopen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Wyopen »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:43 am In the subject of fire Sully...

Is there anyone who thinks Sullivan is scratching Carter for any reason other than to not get fired? I'd love to hear the thinking behind that if you do.

It's appearing increasingly that Sullivan knows the ice he's skating on is a bit thin. So he's being more careful and actually makes some of the common sense easy decisions the fanbase has been clamouring for months to happen.

I think he's trying to not get fired by (grudgingly) make small steps to change at least some things.
Why would he worry about not getting fired? He’ll have a great “retirement “ salary if fired, plus some team will pick him up right away. He would make bigger steps to change things if he was worried.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

I’ll just copy verbatim from another thread:
Or, he gave a veteran player some rope, and said rope has run out.

This is wishful thinking manifested as speculation. “Sully only makes bad decisions, so this decision must be bad. Sullivan doesn’t do what I want, so when he does do what I want, someone must be forcing him to do it.”
Any coach who relies on the fanbase to make decisions would last about 5 minutes.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsbu ... -san-jose/

Sullivan says Karlsson is capable of lifting his game to "another level"...

Good think we have Sully Toe Blake Bowman as our coach to show him how to get to that next level.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Sharks got demolished last night, 10-1, by Vancouver. Sharks are now 0-9-1 heading into tomorrow's game.

The other stat I saw...Vancouver's Jack and Quinn Hughes (41 points combined) have more points than the entire San Jose roster (27 total points).

I understand SJ is going to be pissed off, angry, and playing hard for a win...but a Penguins loss here tomorrow would be embarrassing.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

KG wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:29 am https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsbu ... -san-jose/

Good think we have Sully Toe Blake Bowman as our coach to show him how to get to that next level.
He can get his game to another level? Is there a new NHL award called "Hall of Fame" that's given on a yearly basis? How much better can he be than the sum of his entire career.

Oh wait, Sullivan wants him to lift his game to the level of calling the Hall of Fame the "Karlsson". Unbelievable.
Coffey Break
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Coffey Break »

KG wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:29 am https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsbu ... -san-jose/

Sullivan speak for "playing defense" probably. Yea, let's take the reigning Norris Trophy and 100 point defenseman and turn him into another average ham and egger.

Save for that awful pass in OT against ANA, I think EK65 has been one of their most consistent players. Even in losses, he has been noticeable simply because of his innate ability to jump or lead the rush and getting shots through traffic. He's an absolute wizard out there - shame to even think that Sully could be trying to taint his game in any way.
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by maopens »

KG wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:59 am See Tatar (and Drouin) are already healthy scratches in Colorado. We were rumored to be interested in Tatar this off-season. Mabye a swap of Tatar for Nieto (who the Avs know well)? I'm sure it's too early in the season to make a trade, but something to keep an eye on as we look to add depth scoring.
Jonathon Drouin. Haven't heard that name in a while and frankly, didn't know he was in Colorado now so I looked at his stats.

3rd overall pick in the draft and his career high is 21 goals in a season. Only hit 20 goals that one time. Appears to have been a malcontent in Tampa and later in Montreal. That kid was supposed to be great coming out of juniors.

Is he now the Ryan Leaf of NHL first rounders?
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

I'm sure at this stage, EK is thinking, I should have stayed in SJ, this team isn't any better but at least there I got to play my game and have fun and not have this career barely NHL plugger trying to tell me to how reinvent my game.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

maopens wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:44 am
KG wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:59 am See Tatar (and Drouin) are already healthy scratches in Colorado. We were rumored to be interested in Tatar this off-season. Mabye a swap of Tatar for Nieto (who the Avs know well)? I'm sure it's too early in the season to make a trade, but something to keep an eye on as we look to add depth scoring.
Jonathon Drouin. Haven't heard that name in a while and frankly, didn't know he was in Colorado now so I looked at his stats.

3rd overall pick in the draft and his career high is 21 goals in a season. Only hit 20 goals that one time. Appears to have been a malcontent in Tampa and later in Montreal. That kid was supposed to be great coming out of juniors.

I'm not sure who ruined his career more, Drouin himself, or his agent Allan Walsh. I remember clearly that, when Drouin's 3 year ELC expired with Tampa, he was demanding Stamkos level money. In his first 3 seasons, Drouin had 95 total points. In Stamkos first 3 seasons, he had 237 points. I kept asking myself "How does this guy think he's in the same class as Stamkos when it comes to salary?"

Either Walsh gave him really bad advice trying to get that level of money, or Drouin is really full of himself...or a combination of the two.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

There was quite the puff piece on Drouin in The Athletic right before the season started where it was stated he supposedly turned down much better offers in order to play with close friend MacKinnon and on a strong team, it being a great fit for him, the myriad reasons his career has been trending way south, blah blah blah. While the writer seemed to be pushing the idea that Drouin was really going to flourish this year, I think they also set it up to be if Drouin can't succeed in this situation, his NHL career is probably finished. Looks like he's done. Ton of talent everywhere except between the ears.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

brwi wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:32 am

There was quite the puff piece on Drouin in The Athletic right before the season started where it was stated he supposedly turned down much better offers in order to play with close friend MacKinnon and on a strong team, it being a great fit for him, the myriad reasons his career has been trending way south, blah blah blah. While the writer seemed to be pushing the idea that Drouin was really going to flourish this year, I think they also set it up to be if Drouin can't succeed in this situation, his NHL career is probably finished. Looks like he's done. Ton of talent everywhere except between the ears.
Is he 5’10 190 or so and over 30? If so Sullivan might want him.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Daniel wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:14 pm Is he 5’10 190 or so and over 30? If so Sullivan might want him.
5'11' 198 and 28, so HA!!! :lol:
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Admin wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:35 pm
Daniel wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:14 pm Is he 5’10 190 or so and over 30? If so Sullivan might want him.
5'11' 198 and 28, so HA!!! :lol:
He'll be in Pittsburgh for the farewell tour.....2026
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Daniel wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:08 pm He'll be in Pittsburgh for the farewell tour.....2026
Player-Coach Jagr will get the best out of him then.