Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

DelPen wrote:It’s probably too much to ask for a 4 minute FG drive
**** Canada
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Up by 4, under 5 to go, need to chew up the clock and get a chance to get into FG range inside the 2 minute warning. Your brilliant OC goes three and out.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The longer Matt Canada has a job with this team the more the young players on offense will keep getting worse. he needs to go. Now.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:The longer Matt Canada has a job with this team the more the young players on offense will keep getting worse. he needs to go. Now.
I think his reluctance to run the ball is against what the entire offseason was about. They wanted to get back to more of a smash mouth style but they’ve run the ball about what 25 times in two games.

Harris can’t get any kind of rhythm running the ball every 10th play of the game. Run it early and often and wear down the defense. Canada will call a horrible running play with an awful design then give up and pass the ball the rest of the quarter.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

I watched most of the first half last night, and I admit that it’s been a very very long time since I actually watched a Steelers game.

That said…the last time I remember them being so completely hapless on offense was the Kent Graham year. Yeesh.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Three Stars wrote:I watched most of the first half last night, and I admit that it’s been a very very long time since I actually watched a Steelers game.

That said…the last time I remember them being so completely hapless on offense was the Kent Graham year. Yeesh.
That offense is a good OC away from being a top 10, even without Diontae Johnson. They had one good play scheme, the TD to Pickens. They ran it with I think Robinson and Pickett was a bit off but the concept of clearing the middle and having someone get open works against the Steelers. Shame Canada doesn't watch the game.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I should start giving Pickett some benefit of doubt until I see what he can due under an OC that doesn’t know a single **** thing about football. But some of his mistakes are not due to the play called. If Mason Rudolph made some of these decisions he’d have been benched but Kenny being from Pitt and also everyone appropriately dogpiling on Canada are giving him a lot of cover. He needs to be a lot smarter and better but that till be hard under Canada.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I should start giving Pickett some benefit of doubt until I see what he can due under an OC that doesn’t know a single **** thing about football. But some of his mistakes are not due to the play called. If Mason Rudolph made some of these decisions he’d have been benched but Kenny being from Pitt and also everyone appropriately dogpiling on Canada are giving him a lot of cover. He needs to be a lot smarter and better but that till be hard under Canada.
I think Pickett is certainly strugging but he's not helped by having bad play calling and worse offensive line play. I think the offensive line would play better with better play calling and an overall better scheme.

The QB has no rhythm, the RB and WRs have no rhythm, the oline has no rhythm. The entire offense has no rhythm and that starts with playcalling and coaching.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Pressley Harvin getting some love. I think this was his best game in the NFL. I hope it’s a sign of things to come. Not concerned with the low average. I think all his punts were at the 20 or inside the 10.

https://youtu.be/FlYbehePnvg?si=lnYZmLIir11yhhXd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

San Francisco might be the best team we play all year.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Almost every talking head on NBC pre-game picked the Steelers to win, I don’t think I like that.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniels completely missing his block and falling on his face killed the first drive. Great job.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Daniels completely missing his block and falling on his face killed the first drive. Great job.
Did you ever think Harvins would be the most reliable part of the offense?

Also, if Harris is running and Heyward is blocking they get the first down. Still a bad play design.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Harvin being the best player on offense is killing me inside.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

At some point Kenny needs to not **** suck out loud. Wide open and he throws it 5 feet over Austin’s head.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

**** Peterson again. This guy needs cut.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:At some point Kenny needs to not **** suck out loud. Wide open and he throws it 5 feet over Austin’s head.
I agree Kenny isn't helping but the entire offense just sucks. The Raiders just scored a touchdown so it's game over.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Good thing Austin was actually open and in the right place because Pickett was throwing there no matter what.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kenny needs to look where he's throwing before he just runs the play that’s called.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Kenny needs to look where he's throwing before he just runs the play that’s called.
That looked like Heyward turned the wrong way. Canada needs to go.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:Kenny needs to look where he's throwing before he just runs the play that’s called.
I don’t doubt Connor ran a bad route but Kenny really needs to think before he throws to where Canada calls the play to go to. Then again, this wasn’t a complicated route, maybe Kenny **** it up because his track record of being a **** idiot is solid.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
I don’t doubt Connor ran a bad route but Kenny really needs to think before he throws to where Canada calls the play to go to. Then again, this wasn’t a complicated route, maybe Kenny **** it up because his track record of being a **** idiot is solid.
I'm holding judgment on Kenny until he gets a reall offensive coordinator.

This might be the worst offense I've ever seen. The scheme is just awful and I can't believe the TE isn't more involved. Kenny hasn't been good but it's hard to tell why since everything about this offense sucks.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

holding really isn't a penalty tonight
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
I'm holding judgment on Kenny until he gets a reall offensive coordinator.

This might be the worst offense I've ever seen. The scheme is just awful and I can't believe the TE isn't more involved. Kenny hasn't been good but it's hard to tell why since everything about this offense sucks.
He has made too many brain dead mistakes to get any kind of pass from me.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:This might be the worst offense I've ever seen. The scheme is just awful and I can't believe the TE isn't more involved. Kenny hasn't been good but it's hard to tell why since everything about this offense sucks.
He has made too many brain dead mistakes to get any kind of pass from me.
Yes he has, but consider this. Everything Kenny knows about an NFL offense has come from Matt Canada.

I’m not disagreeing with you as much as I think the blame is Matt Canada. I think if Kenny plays his entire 4 year contract with Matt Canada as the OC his NFL career will be ruined.
Last edited by Daniel on Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.