2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:After the Smith trade, Vegas has now gone and re-signed Barbashev to a 5 year, 25M contract. 5M AAV
He definitely left money on the table to stay in Vegas. If anyone should have went to market to see what he could get in this market it would be Barbashev…
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Pensfan4life8771 »

Bailey and 2nd round traded from Isles to Hawks for lol Future considerations....need a JFC trade like this one
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Bailey and 2nd round traded from Isles to Hawks for lol Future considerations....need a JFC trade like this one
Who are the Isles clearing space for?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Bailey and 2nd round traded from Isles to Hawks for lol Future considerations....need a JFC trade like this one
2026 2nd round pick. Isles already trading draft picks 2 seasons from now. Lou says I don't care, I'll be long gone.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

KG wrote:
2026 2nd round pick. Isles already trading draft picks 2 seasons from now. Lou says I don't care, I'll be long gone.
That's what you think.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

So it cost a 2nd round pick to get out of Bailey, who has 1 year left on his deal at $5mill. Granlund has 2 years left at $5mill. If the cost to dump him is two 2nd's we should just buy him out. This team is going to need all the picks they can get in 2-3 seasons.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:So it cost a 2nd round pick to get out of Bailey, who has 1 year left on his deal at $5mill. Granlund has 2 years left at $5mill. If the cost to dump him is two 2nd's we should just buy him out. This team is going to need all the picks they can get in 2-3 seasons.
Buy him out, or try flipping him to Edmonton for Jack Campbell, in which case a pick should come back to us with Campbell having 4 years and Granlund only 2.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Yamamoto and Klostin to Detroit for future considerations. There's Edmonton's cap dump. So much for a Granlund for Campbell swap.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Chris Johnston reports there is word that Jesse Puljujarvi recently underwent a double hip surgery and is going to be out for a long time. He's not getting qualified by Carolina.
dark_forces
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dark_forces »

FLPensFan wrote:
KG wrote:So it cost a 2nd round pick to get out of Bailey, who has 1 year left on his deal at $5mill. Granlund has 2 years left at $5mill. If the cost to dump him is two 2nd's we should just buy him out. This team is going to need all the picks they can get in 2-3 seasons.
Buy him out, or try flipping him to Edmonton for Jack Campbell, in which case a pick should come back to us with Campbell having 4 years and Granlund only 2.
This has come up before and I'm not opposed to the idea. Who knows Campbell better than Dubas? Besides, it solves the goalie situation for less $ than Jarry will likely get.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:Yamamoto and Klostin to Detroit for future considerations. There's Edmonton's cap dump. So much for a Granlund for Campbell swap.
Klostin is a solid bottom 6 younger player. Shows you GM's really only like using the buyout as a last resort. Hopefully Dubas finds a way to move on from Granlund without costing too much. Or Carter dare I say...
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Frank Seravalli
@frank_seravalli
·
16m
·
Mentioned on DFL today that it’s the day to dump contracts. Keep an eye on:

Yamamoto ✅
Bailey ✅
Petry
Mantha
Wheeler
Hoffman
Forbort/Reilly
Granlund

Aside from Wheeler and maybe Mantha, not many are buyout candidates, but first buyout window closes Friday at 5pm ET.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Josh Bailey is on waivers today, going to be bought out. Chicago just acquired him along with a 2nd in 2026. His 5M salary this year will cost 2.6M against the cap this season, and 1.6M against the cap next year.

Bailey is the only player on waivers today. Tomorrow is the last day. The Granlund clock is ticking loudly.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Corey Perry UFA rights traded to Chicago for a 7th round pick.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

F'ing Chicago. They are going to be a super power here very soon.
Take a look at all the picks they have over the next 3 years. https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/blackhawks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

FLPensFan wrote:Yamamoto and Klostin to Detroit for future considerations. There's Edmonton's cap dump. So much for a Granlund for Campbell swap.
I'm in utter disbelief that these deals are allowed. I get allowing some leeway because of the flatcap and whatnot. But I cannot believe the other GMs dont raise hell. Probably 15 other GMs or more trying to move cap. Probably had offers turned down by Stevie to dump cap. And then a trade like this happens with zero compensation paid for the cap clearance.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

ville5 wrote:
I'm in utter disbelief that these deals are allowed. I get allowing some leeway because of the flatcap and whatnot. But I cannot believe the other GMs dont raise hell. Probably 15 other GMs or more trying to move cap. Probably had offers turned down by Stevie to dump cap. And then a trade like this happens with zero compensation paid for the cap clearance.
Without some kind of criteria (ie X games = this pick) I think future considerations shouldn't be allowed as a return in a trade.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Daniel wrote:
ville5 wrote:
Without some kind of criteria (ie X games = this pick) I think future considerations shouldn't be allowed as a return in a trade.
I'm not sure when this changed, because up until the last year or two, I didn't think future considerations was allowed in NHL deals. It had to be at least a 7th or a prospect. There were no deals allowed where nothing went the other way.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Bertuzzi to test free agency.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Bertuzzi to test free agency.
Would be silly not to. Surprised Barbashev took that deal with Vegas.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:Bertuzzi to test free agency.
Would be silly not to. Surprised Barbashev took that deal with Vegas.
Team just won the Cup and he more than doubled his pay. Why leave and be greedy?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Hawks signed Perry 1 year $4mill . Hawks all about getting to the floor. They can sign me for the league minimum if they need to get to the floor still!
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Friedman says Jesper Fast is returning to Carolina. No deal details as of yet.

EDIT: Expected to be a 2 year deal at 2.4M AAV
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

KG wrote:Hawks signed Perry 1 year $4mill . Hawks all about getting to the floor. They can sign me for the league minimum if they need to get to the floor still!
I don't understand why they signed him at such a high price. The benefit to having Perry is that you can trade him to a team at the deadline. Even at 50%, 2M will be hard for a team that is cap maxed to afford. I would have sold it to Perry that way too. Saying, 'Hey, we want to give you a chance to win the cup if we are not in a position ourselves this season'.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Bruins are buying out Mike Reilly.
Detroit is buying out Kailer Yamamoto. Wanted to keep him but couldn't make numbers work.
Matt Duchene also being bought out by Nashville.