2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by FLPensFan »

DelPen wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:Vegas-Florida... I will not be watching that, who even cares at this point?
I won't be watching because I don't have cable for TBS and TNT. Watched ESPN+ all regular season on Hulu and now I miss the finals. Is there another way without spending more money?
Your Hulu plan had ESPN+ but not TBS and TNT?
If you had a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ they incorporated the live sports into the Hulu app.
I just wasn't aware there was a bundle without those channels. I have Hulu and eventually bundled it with ESPN+ and Disney+ so I have the ESPN+ games and the TNT games. I lost my old method of streaming center ice mid-season, but I don't think I missed any games via Hulu/ESPN+
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

There’s Hulu with live TV and then the Hulu that is on demand only with no live channels.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Listened to the Toronto press conference. Apparently Calgary put restrictions on Treiliving and how involved he can be in the draft for Toronto.

First Calgary wouldn't even let the guy they let go interview until recently. Now they put restrictions on his new job. Calgary doesn't look too good coming out of this.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

DelPen wrote:There’s Hulu with live TV and then the Hulu that is on demand only with no live channels.
I have Hulu non-live through my Verizon phone package.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Elliotte Friedman
@FriedgeHNIC
·
52s
Patrick Kane’s representative, Pat Brisson, says Kane had a hip resurfacing today under Dr. Edwin Su. As is normal, follow-ups are planned, but roughly 4-6 months recovery is expected. Brisson says Kane “wants to play for a long time,” and doctors are optimistic that will happen
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

It appears Mike Babcock is going to be named coach of the Blue Jackets.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I'm pulling for the Knights to win. Like Bob, but time for the west to win.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:It appears Mike Babcock is going to be named coach of the Blue Jackets.
Strange hire for CBJ. Babcock is not known for developing young players.

No idea how Jarmo is still the GM there. It’s been 10 years.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If Vegas wins I would think they would do a parade down the strip and if they do I might have to go out for a couple days, there will be no shortage of rooms especially if they do it on a Wednesday or other weekday.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Refs desperately trying to keep control. Hill had three guys going after him, Jones is befuddled why Florida got the only penalty.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It hurts to see what could have been if we didn’t have the clown show of Ron Hextall running things the last few years.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

How many mouthguards does Matt Tkachuk go through in a game? Would prefer he not just chew them because kids are starting to idolize him and will imitate that. And he should also stay off my lawn.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Taylor Haase
7:49 PM - June 3, 2023
BETTMAN SPEAKS
Gary Bettman held a press conference from Las Vegas before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. Among the notable takeaways:
-The salary cap is only expected to raise $1M next season because the escrow debt from the lost revenue due to COVID hasn't been fully paid off. It's expected that the normal, larger salary cap increases will resume the following season.
-The sale of the Senators is expected to take a few more weeks.
-There will be two outdoor games at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, where the Jets/Giants play. Flyers-Devils on Feb. 17 and Rangers-Islanders on Feb. 18.
-They're still trying to make the Coyotes work in Arizona
- Stan Bowman and Joel Quenneville have yet to be given clearance to work in the NHL again after their involvement in the mishandling of sexual assault with the Blackhawks. But both may meet with Bettman after the season ends to seek clearance.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

NHL Watcher
@NHL_Watcher
·
Follow
Friedman says the Winnipeg Jets understand they will have to listen on Hellebuyck, Scheifele and Dubois, all entering the last year of their deals, but they have made it clear there will not be a rebuild, they want players that can help now.
10:22 PM · Jun 3, 2023
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

ville5 wrote:Taylor Haase
7:49 PM - June 3, 2023
BETTMAN SPEAKS
Gary Bettman held a press conference from Las Vegas before Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Final. Among the notable takeaways:
-The salary cap is only expected to raise $1M next season because the escrow debt from the lost revenue due to COVID hasn't been fully paid off. It's expected that the normal, larger salary cap increases will resume the following season.
-The sale of the Senators is expected to take a few more weeks.
-There will be two outdoor games at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey, where the Jets/Giants play. Flyers-Devils on Feb. 17 and Rangers-Islanders on Feb. 18.
-They're still trying to make the Coyotes work in Arizona
- Stan Bowman and Joel Quenneville have yet to be given clearance to work in the NHL again after their involvement in the mishandling of sexual assault with the Blackhawks. But both may meet with Bettman after the season ends to seek clearance.
Two additional points on this:

--I believe it came from Bettman re: Coyotes, that he made a statement that the loss of revenue from Coyotes playing in Mullett is not that bad. He said they were actually losing more money when they were playing in Glendale. (I don't think that's the kind of statement that makes people think hockey should be made to work in Arizona)

--Regarding the salary cap, Allan Walsh (an agent who is always very vocal against the cap) is angry about the 1M only increase. He says the players owed 1.1 Billion back to the owners due to COVID issues, and out of that 1.1 Billion, they have only 70 Million more left to pay. He says that would be paid off very quickly this season and there really isn't a good reason not to raise the cap more this season, but Bettman won't do it.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Ducks hire Greg Cronin as head coach.

Also read a few places that Drury isn't overly impressed with the HC candidates he has interviewed thus far. Maybe he was banking on Sully being available after all...I hear Gallant is available :D
dark_forces
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by dark_forces »

KG wrote:Ducks hire Greg Cronin as head coach.

Also read a few places that Drury isn't overly impressed with the HC candidates he has interviewed thus far. Maybe he was banking on Sully being available after all...I hear Gallant is available :D
I bet Laviolette winds up in NY.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:It appears Mike Babcock is going to be named coach of the Blue Jackets.
I forgot about the Babcock/Marner incident. Babcock seems like a wacko. Not sure why CBJ would want this guy around their young players.

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/mik ... r-to-tears" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Let's wrap this Cup up and get to the off-season already :)
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I say this as a compliment but when did Sam Bennet become a jerk on the ice?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Florida has no chance if Bob can’t regain his mid-January in Columbus form.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Hope Sully is watching the finals. It’s not just speed, you need to be physical!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:Hope Sully is watching the finals. It’s not just speed, you need to be physical!
It’s also not just being physical. Panthers seemed to forget that you need to still play hockey and not just try to hit people.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If Gudas wants to come in crouched down for a hit then not sure what someone should do to make sure he doesn’t hit his head on any thing.

Vegas guy was in a natural position, didn’t move at all. Players need to not put themselves into a position to go head first into a player.

That’s all on Gudas
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Boston, Toronto and Carolina watching this wondering where this Bob was when they played him.