2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by DelPen »

So Jamie Benn is the problem in Dallas. They need better leadership and someone who excels at 2-way play.

Carter and Granlund for Benn with 50% retained, we would be doing Dallas a favor frankly.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:So Jamie Benn is the problem in Dallas. They need better leadership and someone who excels at 2-way play.

Carter and Granlund for Benn with 50% retained, we would be doing Dallas a favor frankly.
What a dud of a game. Vegas was the better team. Should be a good final.

Doesn't begin until Saturday.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Cassidy calling out his team that they couldn’t even beat the Yotes in January turning the puck over like 25 times must have struck a nerve.

6-0 now. Vegas finally game to play again, Dallas not so much, it’s not unlucky they are getting killed, they haven't done an anything.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

Vegas and Florida. Yayyyyyyy….
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

These NHL playoffs show recycled coach like Peter Laviolette could be Rangers’ best bet
https://nypost.com/2023/05/16/peter-lav ... ng-choice/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter Laviolette for the Rangers, perhaps? Interesting article from Larry Brooks regarding new v recycled coaches. Devils/Pens only ones to be checked off in the Metro. :)
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Sounds like the Caps are hiring Leafs assistant Specner Carbery to be their new head coach. Hopefully more news starts coming out today.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Brunette replacing Hynes as head coach in Nashville...
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Vegas-Florida... I will not be watching that, who even cares at this point?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

The pre game from LV will be epic. I'll tune in.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Puck-Lurker wrote:Vegas-Florida... I will not be watching that, who even cares at this point?
Hockey fans.
Fans of the Stanley Cup Finals.
Fans of either finalist.
Fans that hate either finalist to see them lose.
Fans who want to see a first time champion.
Matthew Tkachuk fans and haters.
People who want the sweet delicious irony of Jack Eichel winning the Cup before Connor McDavid.

Probably others.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Three Stars wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:Vegas-Florida... I will not be watching that, who even cares at this point?
Hockey fans.
Fans of either finalist.
People who want the sweet delicious irony of Jack Eichel winning the Cup before Connor McDavid.

Probably others.

How about that Tkachuk trade! Maybe the best trade in the NHL in the past 10 years?
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Three Stars wrote:
Hockey fans.
Fans of either finalist.

Probably others.

How about that Tkachuk trade! Maybe the best trade in the NHL in the past 10 years?
Time for a scientific study to see if there’s a correlation between happiness, level of play, and distance from Darryl Sutter. Exhibit A, Matthew Tkachuk. Exhibit B, Jonathan Huberdeau.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Three Stars wrote:
Hockey fans.
Fans of either finalist.

Probably others.
Yep. What is there better to watch on the tellie?
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

Hockey fans care.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Three Stars wrote:
Hockey fans.
Fans of either finalist.

Probably others.

Let’s see what happens now that Sutter is gone.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

murphydump55 wrote:
Hockey fans care.
Someone will be winning their first cup in their second trip to the finals. That is interesting.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Never thought of the Eichel winning before McDavid angle! Interesting... but I still strongly dislike Eichel. I still think he never wanted to be in Buffalo and really screwed them over.

I've become a HUGE Matthew Tkachuk fan! I liked the kid while in Calgary, but man, what a stud he's become. He is truly everything you want in a hockey player. Big ol' Keith must be a very proud Dad.

These two teams are playing very well right now. Hopefully, it will be a great 7 game series!

So, I guess I'm Team Florida? But, I'm not sure they have quite the offense to hang with Vegas.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

I asked my kids who to root for. They both like Knights more than Panthers, especially when they’re golden. So that’s that.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Pitts wrote:Never thought of the Eichel winning before McDavid angle! Interesting... but I still strongly dislike Eichel. I still think he never wanted to be in Buffalo and really screwed them over.

I've become a HUGE Matthew Tkachuk fan! I liked the kid while in Calgary, but man, what a stud he's become. He is truly everything you want in a hockey player. Big ol' Keith must be a very proud Dad.

These two teams are playing very well right now. Hopefully, it will be a great 7 game series!

So, I guess I'm Team Florida? But, I'm not sure they have quite the offense to hang with Vegas.
I've had a hatred of Las Vegas since the expansion draft nonsense, though the NHL did allow them to do it I just think it was sleazy and fitting for such a city.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

murphydump55 wrote:
Hockey fans care.
Yeah I'm not at all clear on what the constant "eh who cares" posts are based on. Personally if it isn't the pens, it's all the same to me. I absolutely don't get all the people who are extra bothered or disinterested by these two teams as opposed to any two other teams.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

I don't much care whether Vegas or Florida wins. They can't both lose, I'll catch the highlights.

If Pens aren't playing, I usually latch on to some other team that I find fun to watch. I had eleven teams that I cared to watch when the playoffs came around. Seen some really interesting series, too. I particularly enjoyed the Seattle and Edmonton series.
murphydump55 wrote:Hockey fans care.
Clearly, not all do.

I don't understand how this is hard to grasp lol
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

I won't be watching because I don't have cable for TBS and TNT. Watched ESPN+ all regular season on Hulu and now I miss the finals. Is there another way without spending more money?
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

GJ wrote:
I won't be watching because I don't have cable for TBS and TNT. Watched ESPN+ all regular season on Hulu and now I miss the finals. Is there another way without spending more money?
Your Hulu plan had ESPN+ but not TBS and TNT?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Interesting article

I kinda wonder if FSG just bought the team for a quick profit, or maybe this is always how the do business? Buy the team then ignore the community and take in the profits.

“FSG has owned the Penguins for nearly two years. In that time, its executives didn’t evaluate the team’s front-office structure to determine its efficacy. Nor did they begin building bridges within the community they had paid $900 million to join.“

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/pittsbu ... xperience/
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FLPensFan wrote:
GJ wrote:
Your Hulu plan had ESPN+ but not TBS and TNT?
If you had a bundle with Hulu and ESPN+ they incorporated the live sports into the Hulu app.