2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:
Pitts wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Things are already starting to go south in Arizona. After the Coyotes tweeted out about their disappointment of the bills not passing in Tempe, Clayton Keller's father responded to the tweet saying Clayton does not plan on playing for Arizona this season; he'll demand a trade, and his father said there are already other players on the Coyotes that want out as well.

The tweet was deleted after awhile, but this could turn into a bigger issue. Sounds like multiple players are fed up with everything in Arizona.
As well they should be. It's been a literal S***show for years. Like, who even wants to be drafted by that mess of a team. It's about time the NHL cleaned it up and move the team. I don't feel like Arizona ever really wanted a hockey team.
So, Keller's father is now claiming that his account was hacked and the hacker sent the now deleted tweets about Keller wanting out of Arizona before the new season starts.

In addition, Pittsburgh born Logan Cooley has announced he is returning to Minnesota next season. Another blow to the Coyotes roster.
14th overall and Pickering for Cooley 8-)
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

FLPensFan wrote: In addition, Pittsburgh born Logan Cooley has announced he is returning to Minnesota next season. Another blow to the Coyotes roster.
All the easier to sign with the Pens when his rights expire.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

ville5 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote: In addition, Pittsburgh born Logan Cooley has announced he is returning to Minnesota next season. Another blow to the Coyotes roster.
All the easier to sign with the Pens when his rights expire.
To avoid Arizona, I would stay at Minnesota as long as I had to.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Quenneville and Bettman are scheduled to meet after the playoffs conclude regarding Q returning to the NHL. I can see NYR hiring him the second Bettman OK's his return.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

brwi wrote:Quenneville and Bettman are scheduled to meet after the playoffs conclude regarding Q returning to the NHL. I can see NYR hiring him the second Bettman OK's his return.
The guy knowingly endorsed a former staff member who sexually assaulted players and went on to sexually assault more at his new job. How?

He should never coach again.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

murphydump55 wrote:
brwi wrote:Quenneville and Bettman are scheduled to meet after the playoffs conclude regarding Q returning to the NHL. I can see NYR hiring him the second Bettman OK's his return.
The guy knowingly endorsed a former staff member who sexually assaulted players and went on to sexually assault more at his new job. How?

He should never coach again.
I'd hope not but I think Bettman/NHL is going to let him back in and there will be a few organizations that would immediately leap to hire him. Stan Bowman maybe too. I've never thought the NHL took the whole situation with the seriousness it deserved because they were more interested in it just going away and hopefully fading quickly from the spotlight. The initial punishment was a complete farce: 2mil fine and a few people get to resign from their jobs. Seriously?
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

FLPensFan wrote:
Pitts wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Things are already starting to go south in Arizona. After the Coyotes tweeted out about their disappointment of the bills not passing in Tempe, Clayton Keller's father responded to the tweet saying Clayton does not plan on playing for Arizona this season; he'll demand a trade, and his father said there are already other players on the Coyotes that want out as well.

The tweet was deleted after awhile, but this could turn into a bigger issue. Sounds like multiple players are fed up with everything in Arizona.
As well they should be. It's been a literal S***show for years. Like, who even wants to be drafted by that mess of a team. It's about time the NHL cleaned it up and move the team. I don't feel like Arizona ever really wanted a hockey team.
So, Keller's father is now claiming that his account was hacked and the hacker sent the now deleted tweets about Keller wanting out of Arizona before the new season starts.

In addition, Pittsburgh born Logan Cooley has announced he is returning to Minnesota next season. Another blow to the Coyotes roster.
I think there are going to be more players who want out if the league and the team stick to their "we are committed to staying here" narrative. The NHLPA is already annoyed with this situation as it is. The arena is a joke. Management is seriously suspect. The payroll is a dumping ground for bad contracts and they trade their best players. This will get uglier as the season goes on.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Sams_Dog wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
Pitts wrote:

I think there are going to be more players who want out if the league and the team stick to their "we are committed to staying here" narrative. The NHLPA is already annoyed with this situation as it is. The arena is a joke. Management is seriously suspect. The payroll is a dumping ground for bad contracts and they trade their best players. This will get uglier as the season goes on.
I think the worse thing is the fact that the Coyotes will make trades for LTIR space rather than trying to actually improve the team. It’s also pretty obvious that they’re simply helping teams circumvent the cap (ie Kane trade).

Right now they have 4 LTIR players they traded for and 3 retained salary, including Patrick Kane in a trade that really shouldn’t have been approved.

Coyotes acquire: Conditional third round selection in the 2025 NHL Draft And retain $2.6M. How can the NHL approve a trade of a conditional 3rd for retained cap space? It’s crazy that Arizona still has a hockey team, though without Arizona other teams won’t be able to circumvent the cap.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I wasn’t shown anything that showed that puck completely left the zone. Canes got hosed.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

DelPen wrote:I wasn’t shown anything that showed that puck completely left the zone. Canes got hosed.
Or we aren’t privy to every camera angle.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Hopefully not 4 OTs again. I need some beauty rest.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anyone see the penalty? Canes double **** tonight.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

offsides wrote:Hopefully not 4 OTs again. I need some beauty rest.
They complied for you.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

murphydump55 wrote:
DelPen wrote:I wasn’t shown anything that showed that puck completely left the zone. Canes got hosed.
Or we aren’t privy to every camera angle.
TV usually shows what the officials saw. I saw some pixelated garbage of a black glove holding a black puck in front of a dark background. Why not show those better angles?
Last edited by DelPen on Sun May 21, 2023 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Last 10 games Barkov with 4 goals, 6 assists.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Florida has won 8 straight on the road I think. That's wild. Just gotta get in.

And have a good team...
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:Florida has won 8 straight on the road I think. That's wild. Just gotta get in.

And have a good team...
Get hot at the right time. I'd like to say Florida got hot down the stretch to get in...but they really didn't. Since March 1st to end of the regular season, they earned only 4 more points than the Penguins.

So they really started heating up in the playoffs. Helped by Bob finally finding his playoff form after all these years. Right now, he's playing at 16-17 Vezina winning level from the regular season.

The other factor is, and something I've been saying awhile towards the Penguins...this Florida team is just built for the playoffs. Tkachuk, Bennett, Lomberg, Gudas...those are the type of skilled, gritty players that you need sprinkled into your lineup come playoff time...not Carter, Granlund, or Petry.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Darren Dreger
@DarrenDreger
Busy week ahead for a couple of Canadian teams. Craig Conroy will be named the GM of the Calgary Flames, while the Maple Leafs begin their GM process in earnest. Expect other additions in Calgary as well.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Frank Seravalli Retweeted
Craig Morgan
@CraigSMorgan
I followed up and Logan Cooley said the result of the Tempe vote definitely impacted his decision. He was leaning toward going pro had the vote gone in the Coyotes' favor but again, he noted that returning to Minnesota was still a good option.
1:17 PM · May 20, 2023
·
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

ville5 wrote:Frank Seravalli Retweeted
Craig Morgan
@CraigSMorgan
I followed up and Logan Cooley said the result of the Tempe vote definitely impacted his decision. He was leaning toward going pro had the vote gone in the Coyotes' favor but again, he noted that returning to Minnesota was still a good option.
1:17 PM · May 20, 2023
·
I doubt that Cooley ever plays for that franchise, whether it stays in Arizona or moves somewhere else.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Carolina has scored 1 even strength goal this series.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Can't believe they didn't call high sticking there
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Can't believe they didn't call high sticking there
That was ridiculous. 3 feet from a ref who saw it too.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

brwi wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:Can't believe they didn't call high sticking there
That was ridiculous. 3 feet from a ref who saw it too.
I am biased, but if they were going to replay to call that a penalty, I think you need to call them both anyway. Clearly didn't hit Ghost in the mouth at all, yet he goes down holding his mouth. High stick and embellishment or nothing at all was fine with me.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

I did not expect to see Fla up 3-0 over the Canes. Cats only need 1 and the Canes can't afford to lose.