Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:The official sees his elbow down and put the whistle in his mouth and then decided to let the play go.
This whole game has been weird. The Steelers running a play rather than review, the officials refusing to review another play and not this one.
The TD needed Harris to tell them his knee never touched. At least they got the spot right eventually on that last missed spot.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kind of funny we need to rely on Flacco winning a game to make the playoffs.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

That is **** bull ****. Watson is still trying to get away and Cam just takes him down.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:That is **** bull ****. Watson is still trying to get away and Cam just takes him down.
It was a flag for too much violence.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Lil’ Heyward is turning out to be a pretty good pick.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Lil’ Heyward is turning out to be a pretty good pick.
I like the 3 TEs and hope they stay for the next several years.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kind of weak call but these officials have been making bad ones all day so I’ll take it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Now would be a great time to murder Watson because there probably isn’t enough time for Brissett to play better and beat us.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Prediction was so close. Looks like the jets will lose.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Grunthy wrote:Prediction was so close. Looks like the jets will lose.
That’s fine, at least the Pats are out, no ill will to Miami and this only helps draft spot. And it’s not like there was any chance of winning at Buffalo next week.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

At least the final play of the season was Cam chasing down Watson for a sack.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

DelPen wrote:
Grunthy wrote:Prediction was so close. Looks like the jets will lose.
That’s fine, at least the Pats are out, no ill will to Miami and this only helps draft spot. And it’s not like there was any chance of winning at Buffalo next week.
Almost 0% chance, but the game probably would be a little more entertaining than Miami vs Buffalo (Miami is going to get curb stomped), as I don’t believe the Steelers would lose as badly as the first meeting.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Tomlin… getting the most from the least and least from the most since 2007.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Hey, on the plus side, at least they hurt their draft position... and let the 'analysts' continue to blather on about Tomlin never having a losing season. Maybe they'll get the trifecta and bring Canada back next season, too. :scared:

On the actual plus side... I would've hated to lose again to the Clowns, even if it would have greatly helped the Steelers draft. The last time they lost to the Clowns twice in the regular season remains 1988. :D
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Sigwolf wrote:Hey, on the plus side, at least they hurt their draft position... and let the 'analysts' continue to blather on about Tomlin never having a losing season. Maybe they'll get the trifecta and bring Canada back next season, too. :scared:

On the actual plus side... I would've hated to lose again to the Clowns, even if it would have greatly helped the Steelers draft. The last time they lost to the Clowns twice in the regular season remains 1988. :D
Regarding the draft, I think they’ll get a stud CB, OL, DL in the first two rounds and Chicago losing gives the Steelers the first pick of the 2nd round. While things can of course change from now to April, there appears to be a ton of LTs that’ll go in the first round. Enough that I’d probably get the top CB if he’s available and get LT with the 1st pick of the 2nd round. The kid from Baylor will likely be available midway through the 2nd, though his stock might go up.

If Jordan Addison is available in the 1st round, I’d be awfully tempted to trade Diontae Johnson who’d likely get them a 2nd round pick. Get best LT, CB, DL in the 2nd and have Johnson’s replacement. I know DelPen would second that opinion. :fist:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I’m not sure what the market is for a guy who had zero TD’s and a negative YAC by running backwards when he didn’t drop the ball but I don’t think it’s anywhere near the 2nd round.

Lots of possibilities though at the draft. We need best player available that’s not an OLB, QB, RB or TE. Anywhere else we will get three really promising players that will help next season.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I’m not sure what the market is for a guy who had zero TD’s and a negative YAC by running backwards when he didn’t drop the ball but I don’t think it’s anywhere near the 2nd round.

Lots of possibilities though at the draft. We need best player available that’s not an OLB, QB, RB or TE. Anywhere else we will get three really promising players that will help next season.
I agree but the Bears gave a 2nd for Claypool so anything is possible. Either way this draft looks pretty deep and the Steelers should get 3 rookies to fill 3 specific needs in the 1st 2 rounds. Really wish Dan Moore would have taken a significant step to remove LT from the list of needs, but he should be able to slide into G or be a pretty good swing tackle. He’s not bad as an LT but there are probably 6 they can get in the 1st round that would come in and be an immediate improvement.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Looks like we will be at 17 or 18 depending on tiebreakers with Seattle, Green Bay and Detroit.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Looks like we will be at 17 or 18 depending on tiebreakers with Seattle, Green Bay and Detroit.

You’ll love this. Backup alarm for Diontae Johnson, if you want 7 yards turned into 3 call Diontae Johnson.

https://youtu.be/qc2QXHcEXPY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Rumor is that Diontae Johnson is going to ask for a trade. My attitude is good. He can turn 7 yard passes into 4 yards for the Bears or Packers.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Okay, Matt Canada or Byron Leftwich? I truly hope those aren't the only options.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Seeing a lot of people in the know saying Canada is coming back. This is a disastrous decision that will set the franchise back by hindering the development of a young offense for another year. I’d rather see the players just figure out things and call their own plays than this knob sending in **** that everyone knows will not work.

If we had no OC instead of Canada this team would had made the playoffs.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Seeing a lot of people in the know saying Canada is coming back. This is a disastrous decision that will set the franchise back by hindering the development of a young offense for another year. I’d rather see the players just figure out things and call their own plays than this knob sending in **** that everyone knows will not work.

If we had no OC instead of Canada this team would had made the playoffs.
While I wish they'd get a new OC, I don't think it should be Leftwich. I go back and forth with Canada. His two years were limited by an immobile Ben and rookie Kenny. Have we seen the best of Canada? One part of me says yes and he'll turn the Steelers into an NCAA wannabe offense, but another part of me says there is something more.

Frankly, if the Steelers can get a Frank Reich or known good OC, I'm for it. I just don't want an experimental OC or one who relied on Bruce Arians to succeed and was terrible without him.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

DelPen wrote:I am getting kind of optimistic with how well free agency has gone. There’s a couple internal guys I hope stay and then one more new guy and if we have a good draft we will be so much better than last year.

Trubisky is the right guy for the team right now. He’s better than who was here to start camp and he’s cheap. We can punt future franchise QB to next year where if Mitch fails spectacularly we get a better draft position to get a better QB. Everything with his signing is win/win.
I was going to post that free agency has looked good so far but then I posted the same last year and it ended up being meh at best. And I really hope Kenny ends up being as good or better than the first QB drafted after #10, I don’t think we would have been lower than that with Mitch-Mason taking the snaps.

But seriously, a lot of holes filled and upgrades, on paper, made where they could be but they can’t screw up the first three draft picks this year.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
DelPen wrote:I am getting kind of optimistic with how well free agency has gone. There’s a couple internal guys I hope stay and then one more new guy and if we have a good draft we will be so much better than last year.

Trubisky is the right guy for the team right now. He’s better than who was here to start camp and he’s cheap. We can punt future franchise QB to next year where if Mitch fails spectacularly we get a better draft position to get a better QB. Everything with his signing is win/win.
I was going to post that free agency has looked good so far but then I posted the same last year and it ended up being meh at best. And I really hope Kenny ends up being as good or better than the first QB drafted after #10, I don’t think we would have been lower than that with Mitch-Mason taking the snaps.

But seriously, a lot of holes filled and upgrades, on paper, made where they could be but they can’t screw up the first three draft picks this year.
My want for the first 3 picks are Broderick Jones, CB at 32 and NT at 49. Maybe an ILB in round 4 then whatever the rest of the way.