Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I always had the game against Carolina pencilled in as a win but after seeing them play very well against Seattle yesterday I’m not convinced anymore.

All time record against the Panthers is 6-1 where that 1 loss was the first game ever in 1996. My children have never experienced the shame of losing to Carolina. Let’s see if Canada scars them for life.
Next Sunday the Steelers and Penguins are in Carolina. Might you get tickets for both games?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Raleigh is 3 hours from Charlotte and Panthers games are a pain to get to from parking and walking a big maze in and out to get to he seats I could afford. So that’s a no to both.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Raleigh is 3 hours from Charlotte and Panthers games are a pain to get to from parking and walking a big maze in and out to get to he seats I could afford. So that’s a no to both.
That sucks, would be pretty cool if it was possible.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Sims might be our worst return guy ever. Makes every single fair catch a nightmare and then refuses to get under a ball at the 35 yard line to let it roll inside the 10.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Dionte found a new way to be a waste of money. Wow dude, you ran backwards but gained it back and that was enough for you to get in the DB’s face?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Dionte found a new way to be a waste of money. Wow dude, you ran backwards but gained it back and that was enough for you to get in the DB’s face?
Then Marcus Allen has to out stupid him in what could allow points against.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Watch the Steelers win their next 2 games and have the chargers, patriots, and jets lose 2 in a row. Then the Steelers crap themselves against Cleveland and tie them. This would keep the Steelers out of the playoffs in dramatic fashion, have Tomlin keep his No losing seasons record, and destroy their draft status. Lol
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote:Watch the Steelers win their next 2 games and have the chargers, patriots, and jets lose 2 in a row. Then the Steelers crap themselves against Cleveland and tie them. This would keep the Steelers out of the playoffs in dramatic fashion, have Tomlin keep his No losing seasons record, and destroy their draft status. Lol
The only positive would be that this appears to be a pretty deep draft and they’ll likely have 2 out of the top 35 picks.

Not sure what Dan Moore’s ceiling is, but he seems to be coming around as a LT and the rest of the line has improved greatly. If his upside is legit LT, that would allow them to focus their first two picks on DL and CB, hopefully getting a stub shutdown CB in the first round.

If Kelee Ringo is available with the first pick, I’d like to see them take him. If they don’t feel Moore is the answer at LT, there are a number of stub LT’s available in the top 20 so either way the Steelers will get a blue chip 1st round pick and probably a blue chip 2nd round pick from the Bears.

Just to add, WalterFootball has these as the first 3 picks for the Steelers:

Peter Skoronski, OT/G, Northwestern (rather Paris Johnson, but Skoronski seems okay)
Jaylon Jones, CB Texas A&M from the Bears
Zacch Pickens, DT, South Carolina

I think this would be a very strong draft and moving down a few with more wins probably won’t change this outcome if that’s the direction the Steelers want to go.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQGXQ46cMXU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Watch this and you guys will never think Diontae Johnson has bad football IQ. Jakobi Meyers has Johnson & Claypool beat in what might be the dumbest football decision in the history of the sport.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Franco Harris has died.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Three Stars wrote:Franco Harris has died.
Sad day in Steeler Nation for sure.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Ignoring the end, where the NFL has them shilling their bull**** NFT's, there's a cool interview with Franco and Terry talking about the Immaculate Reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCrZpamoLo
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

I am sad. I met Franco a couple times. He was a very nice man. RIP to a legend.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

And apparently the Steelers were going to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Reception before this Saturday's game against the Raiders. I think that celebration may be a little more muted now. :cry:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

A lot of the problems on offense will be immediately fixed with new coaching and simply experience. The defense needs a total overhaul, I can count on one hand the players who don’t suck.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:A lot of the problems on offense will be immediately fixed with new coaching and simply experience. The defense needs a total overhaul, I can count on one hand the players who don’t suck.
The defense needs a more up to date scheme, new CBs, new ILB’s, and more youth on the DL, Other than that, they’re fine.

the 2023 1st round pick really depends on where they see Dan Moore. If they think he can be a legit LT then stub DL is a must. If they think he’ll be a swing tackle/guard they need a stud LT in the first round,

Either way DL, LT, CB is the biggest must have for the 1st and 2nd round,
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

At least where we will end up picking, between 10-18 in the first round, the best player available will be a position we will need.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I can only imagine how many times Ben said “**** this ****” when Canada called a play in and either ran something different or improvised to what would actually work. Kenny obviously won’t run anything besides the actual play since hes a rookie and Mitch won’t either since he is fighting to try to keep his limited role.

Rudolph though, could be interesting to see someone who has no future here deciding to play well which is not what Canada calls.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I can only imagine how many times Ben said “**** this ****” when Canada called a play in and either ran something different or improvised to what would actually work. Kenny obviously won’t run anything besides the actual play since hes a rookie and Mitch won’t either since he is fighting to try to keep his limited role.

Rudolph though, could be interesting to see someone who has no future here deciding to play well which is not what Canada calls.
Canada is just weird with his play calling. Sometimes when executed well it looks like an NFL caliber call. Other times you just scratch your head. I think Kenny’s improvement has made Canada look much better though.

Not sure where they go with the offense next year, but I like the TE, WR, OL coaches. RB coach, eh not really sure.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

You cant attribute Kenny going from looking horrible to simply average to Canada imparting anything positive on the situation.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:You cant attribute Kenny going from looking horrible to simply average to Canada imparting anything positive on the situation.
I agree, I think Kenny is making Canada look good not the other way around.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Steelers CB’s suck or the scheme hurts them or both. They’ll ruin another CB draft pick unless they can fix the defensive coaching.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Somehow when we throw into triple coverage the other team catches it for an INT. When someone tries that against us it’s a long gain.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:Steelers CB’s suck or the scheme hurts them or both. They’ll ruin another CB draft pick unless they can fix the defensive coaching.
It’s a talent issue. Defensive coaching is fine.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:Steelers CB’s suck or the scheme hurts them or both. They’ll ruin another CB draft pick unless they can fix the defensive coaching.
It’s a talent issue. Defensive coaching is fine.
You’re probably right but the opposition have exploited the soft spot in zones for years and the middle of the field seems to always be uncovered.

It would be nice to have someone with a pass defensed every once in awhile. I like Edmunds and Fitzpatrick and wish we knew if Tre Norwood was worth a roster spot. The rest of the CBs are just awful.

If Rango is available in the 1st round, they almost have to draft him. Read his scouting report, he looks like he’ll be a stud.