Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Pickens would he been a clear 1st if he didn’t get hurt. He’s going to be great.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Pickens would he been a clear 1st if he didn’t get hurt. He’s going to be great.
Have you watched video of him? He’s a bully and it’s hilarious watching him block people. He’s like Hines Ward mean and the speed to be an elite receiver.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Blame Canada
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Dionte also can’t run a route.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

I still have hopes that Dan Moore can be a legit LT but right now that’s the number one need for this franchise. If he can become a legit LT by the end of the year that’ll allow the Steelers to revamp the DL. Either way, I think they’ll be a top 10 pick and might be able to get a stud LT and DL in the top 2 rounds.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Dionte also can’t run a route.
That’s a bad throw and might be a game ending INT. That said, the holding penalty made the difference between 3rd and long and 4th and short.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:I still have hopes that Dan Moore can be a legit LT but right now that’s the number one need for this franchise. If he can become a legit LT by the end of the year that’ll allow the Steelers to revamp the DL. Either way, I think they’ll be a top 10 pick and might be able to get a stud LT and DL in the top 2 rounds.
None of the linemen on either side are good.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
That’s a bad throw and might be a game ending INT. That said, the holding penalty made the difference between 3rd and long and 4th and short.
Or it was thrown where our moronic receivers should had been for the millionth time this year.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Or it was thrown where our moronic receivers should had been for the millionth time this year.
I hate agreeing with Collinsworth, but whenever the Steelers offense gets any kind of rhythm, Matt Canada does a stupid trick play to end that momentum.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I’ll agree the plays Canada sends in are dumb and confusing. Ben would do his thing especially this late in the game.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I’ll agree the plays Canada sends in are dumb and confusing. Ben would do his thing especially this late in the game.
The Jets, Browns, and Patriots games were winnable and the Bills game could have been closer with a better OC.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Case in point, Dan Moore has been getting schooled all night and no one to help? Seriously?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Defense was crapped on by Canada. Then pissed on by Tomlin. They deserved better. It’s not a talent issue. It’s coaching.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Bad coaching and bad second half QB play. Steelers should have won this game.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I’m not a gambler but I have to assume Steelers covered the spread and 26 hit the under.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote:Bad coaching and bad second half QB play. Steelers should have won this game.
This is a badly coached team overall and Kenny Pickett is what he is. I think his mistakes are rookie mistakes he’ll outgrow but I don’t think he’ll ever lead the Steelers to a Super Bowl.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I don’t understand how a 4th and goal from the 3 where the defense gets a 5 yard penalty does not give the offense a new set of downs.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I don’t understand how a 4th and goal from the 3 where the defense gets a 5 yard penalty does not give the offense a new set of downs.
This isn’t going to end well.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So was Claypool a problem in the locker room because he was on the trade block or was he on the trade block because he was a problem in the locker room?

Getting what should be a high 2nd round pick for him was great business.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:So was Claypool a problem in the locker room because he was on the trade block or was he on the trade block because he was a problem in the locker room?

I honestly would have been happy with a 3rd but what is likely to be a top 40-45 pick is a steal. The Steeler can very well have 3 of the top 50 picks in next years draft.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:So was Claypool a problem in the locker room because he was on the trade block or was he on the trade block because he was a problem in the locker room?

I honestly would have been happy with a 3rd but what is likely to be a top 40-45 pick is a steal. The Steeler can very well have 3 of the top 50 picks in next years draft.
According to Schefter, Green Bay offered their 2nd and a later round pick. I figured for sure Chicago would have the higher pick. Especially after trading their 2 best defensive players. But after the Pack lost to the Lions I'm not so sure now. :lol:
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

ville5 wrote:
Daniel wrote:

According to Schefter, Green Bay offered their 2nd and a later round pick. I figured for sure Chicago would have the higher pick. Especially after trading their 2 best defensive players. But after the Pack lost to the Lions I'm not so sure now. :lol:
I think Claypool would have improved the Packers more than the Bears to be honest with you.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Daniel wrote:
ville5 wrote:
Daniel wrote:

I think Claypool would have improved the Packers more than the Bears to be honest with you.
That's a good point. I still think the Bears will have the higher pick. But everything I'm reading says Rogers is cooked.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

With Watt back I think we lose 6-5.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

ville5 wrote:
Daniel wrote:
ville5 wrote:
Daniel wrote:

That's a good point. I still think the Bears will have the higher pick. But everything I'm reading says Rogers is cooked.
I think Rodgers is cooked because he is, and always has been, a big cry baby. He’s pouting because he has crap receivers. It’s impossible to quantify how much Claypool helps the Packers over the Bears, but I think it’s pretty close either way.