Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Pushing a QB down with full arm extension way after the pass is gone was roughing the passer in 1993.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Chris Boswell: I meant to do that
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Matt Canada is a *****.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Wait the NFL allows long kickoff run backs? Being a Steelers fan, I didn’t know that existed.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

**** Dotson holds and still let’s Pickett get murdered negating a nice gain with a penalty.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Gunner might be a gonner if Sims keeps this up. Heck, if Sims doesn’t fumble, they should cut Gunner.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

This was an impressive workmanlike win for the Steelers.
Last edited by Daniel on Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Anyone see Gronk on pregame predicting a blowout with multiple Buc WR’s hitting 100 yards today? Zero did and Claypool lead all players in yards receiving which is hilarious.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The pass coverage over the middle by our ILB’s has been off to a horrendous start against the Dolphins so far.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Harvin is still garbage.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Run run pass outside the numbers. It is all that dip **** Canada knows how to do. Guy is **** ing useless.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Grunthy wrote:Run run pass outside the numbers. It is all that dip **** Canada knows how to do. Guy is **** ing useless.
I still don't understand how he even got the QB coach job to begin with let alone get promoted to OC.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Fitzpatrick saved a TD there with a body check that looked like Kasparaitus vs Lindros.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Harvin is still garbage.
Well, the offensive thinks it’s the 90s with Run, Run, Pass, Punt strategy. Defense believes the NFL has a rule that the middle of the field doesn’t need to be covered. So why shouldn’t the special teams join the mediocrity? Think of it this way, the defense will be less tired at the end of the game when the Dolphins backup QB is taking them down the field.

This team is so badly coached in all aspects of the game it’s more incredible that they have a win let alone two. I kept saying the true judge of Tomlin will be after Ben retires since it’s never been 100% his team. This is 100% Tomlins team now and so far not impressed. I get that the team is young but to be this unprepared isn’t on the players.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

First replay looked like Claypool got a clothesline from behind to knock him down for an easy INT.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:First replay looked like Claypool got a clothesline from behind to knock him down for an easy INT.
I thought you can challenge a pass interference? If so, like defending the middle of the field, perhaps Tomlin doesn’t know it’s a thing.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:First replay looked like Claypool got a clothesline from behind to knock him down for an easy INT.
I thought you can challenge a pass interference? If so, like defending the middle of the field, perhaps Tomlin doesn’t know it’s a thing.
They had to have got rid of it otherwise there would have been a lot of challenges the last couple years. It’s been a long time since I saw one, like 2018 I think?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

And upon further review, Claypool took himself out and is just not good. Him and Johnson just had the QB’s it seems.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

Dolphins coach looks like the scientist who wanted to experiment on Baby Yoda.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
And upon further review, Claypool took himself out and is just not good. Him and Johnson just had the QB’s it seems.
If those rumors of Claypool to GB for the McCaffrey return, I’d have jumped on that before the sentence was completed.

BTW, I still think drafting Pickett was a mistake and there will be a much better QB available for the Steelers next year. This is a top 5 or top 10 draft pick team.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:
If those rumors of Claypool to GB for the McCaffrey return, I’d have jumped on that before the sentence was completed.

BTW, I still think drafting Pickett was a mistake and there will be a much better QB available for the Steelers next year.This is a top 5 or top 10 draft pick team.
Claypool isn’t worth more than a single 3rd at best. CMC is a much better player, the return would had been better if the guy didnt have injury issues.

Pickett should be legit, You never know who will pan out or not but Pickett will be a quality QB for us. I don’t know who else would had been better now or even in the next 3-5 years if that one player would had mattered. I have a bigger issue with dumb picks even later in the draft like a punter or 5th QB who will be cut.

We should get a monster lineman on either side of the ball where we end up picking if it’s top 10. Even top 15 should get a starting ILB or DB.
GJ
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GJ »

Dolphins coach looks like the scientist who wanted to experiment on Baby Yoda.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:
Daniel wrote:
DelPen wrote:

BTW, I still think drafting Pickett was a mistake and there will be a much better QB available for the Steelers next year.This is a top 5 or top 10 draft pick team.
Claypool isn’t worth more than a single 3rd at best. CMC is a much better player, the return would had been better if the guy didnt have injury issues.

Pickett should be legit, You never know who will pan out or not but Pickett will be a quality QB for us. I don’t know who else would had been better now or even in the next 3-5 years if that one player would had mattered. I have a bigger issue with dumb picks even later in the draft like a punter or 5th QB who will be cut.

We should get a monster lineman on either side of the ball where we end up picking if it’s top 10. Even top 15 should get a starting ILB or DB.
I agree about Claypool, which is why it’d be a short conversation. If GB wants to overpay, who am I to say otherwise.

I think Pickett will be legit as well, just not a superstar. From what I’ve read there are superstars available next year but you’re right, anything can happen. That said, a DL is something that’s completely needed in 2023.

The QB pick was a really weird one, just a wasted pick. I liked the Harvin pick and did know occasional shanks were a thing with him, but I should have taken the Danny Smith factor into consideration. People tend to get worse under Danny Smith so the team needs a ready for NFL caliber punter. Heck, look at Jordan Berry. Berry averages about 43-45 yards per punt then 47 with the Vikings.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I so **** hate Matt Canada.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:I so **** hate Matt Canada.
Serious question is there a Steelers coach that shouldn’t be fired?