2021 NHL Playoffs

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: 2021 NHL Playoffs

Post by Stillerz Bar »

DelPen wrote:How is knocking a stick out of another player’s hands when the puck isn’t even close not interference? Refs have been horrible all around in the playoffs.
I was wondering the same thing. That absolutely should have been a penalty on Boston.

As for the series as a whole, as much as I think the Bruins are the tougher match-up for the Pens, I agree that the Caps can't go home soon enough for me.

Washington, including Ovie, has one title and I don't want to see them get any more.... ever. Sid leads Ovie 3 Cups to 1 and I don't want to see the gap get closed, even a little. Of course my real preference is for Sid to add to his total but at minimum I don't want Ovie getting any more.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Lightning PP with Kucherov back is practically unstoppable. 7/12 against the Panthers already this series.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Can Brian Boucher talk about another goalie without criticizing them? Rather hear Peeair mispronounce names and add random facts behind the glass than this guy. He seems like an employee of Comcast more than a sports guy, like Jones, doubt he makes his way over to ESPN or Turner.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote:Can Brian Boucher talk about another goalie without criticizing them? Rather hear Peeair mispronounce names and add random facts behind the glass than this guy. He seems like an employee of Comcast more than a sports guy, like Jones, doubt he makes his way over to ESPN or Turner.
Unfortunately, he's already been signed by ESPN.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

I would have to say I don’t miss Schultz, Hagelin, Sheary and Sprong.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Wow Caps look like they are done
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Was about to turn this dreary one off, then Sheary scores 11 secs in.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

brwi wrote:Was about to turn this dreary one off, then Sheary scores 11 secs in.
Sheary has more goals than Malkin and Guentzel combined now. Has as many as Sid, Rust and Kapnanen.

Amazing Carter is our only guy with more than 1 goal.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kuznetsov might have got away with the first cross check on Raask but not the 2nd.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Bye bye Caps! Would have liked you at least have made it another game or two, but you look too old and slow.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Life could be worse. You could be an Edmonton Oiler fan.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If Canada is going to drag it’s feet about even having American teams come in to a secure location with no interaction with anyone except the team who can live in a bubble still and they won’t play in a US neutral site, kick the North out of the playoffs. Instead take the three losers of the division finals and play a round robin series of regular NHL style games. Whoever gets most points in the series is the 4th seed in the semi-finals.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Southern Fan wrote:Life could be worse. You could be an Edmonton Oiler fan.
I turned it off with 11 minutes left and the Oilers up 4-1. Color me surprised this morning
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Is McDavid going to be one of those players who can pile up regular season stats but come playoff time disappears kind of like Stamkos?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:Is McDavid going to be one of those players who can pile up regular season stats but come playoff time disappears kind of like Stamkos?
Some guy named Mario Lemieux put up gaudy regular season stats his first 6 seasons without having playoff success. :pop:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Zarovich wrote:
DelPen wrote:Is McDavid going to be one of those players who can pile up regular season stats but come playoff time disappears kind of like Stamkos?
Some guy named Mario Lemieux put up gaudy regular season stats his first 6 seasons without having playoff success. :pop:
But those Penguins teams were garbage, Tampa is still great without Stamkos and Edmonton has been good too with Draisatl.

And I get he had guys all over him every shift. That’s a big factor too. Maybe if the rules are actually applied correctly he’ll be able to play his game.

But Stamkos is a playoff failure.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

DelPen wrote:
Zarovich wrote:
But those Penguins teams were garbage, Tampa is still great without Stamkos and Edmonton has been good too with Draisatl.

And I get he had guys all over him every shift. That’s a big factor too. Maybe if the rules are actually applied correctly he’ll be able to play his game.

But Stamkos is a playoff failure.
Mcdavid does not have a good team around him.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Staal Bunyan as Tripp Tracy calls him chops one in to end the third straight OT game between the Canes-Preds. Quite a hard-fought series as Nashville is getting strong goaltending from Saros and Johansen and Duchene decided to show up this series and give an effort.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Looks like Ontario might be the insane part of Canada now where you get a fine for shaking hands with someone in public but Québec seems to be opening up more where the Habs will have fans to some capacity for game 6. Manitoba still has restrictions but maybe we will see some fans back there next round?

If not, Buffalo would adopt the North winner.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

This Canes-Preds series is fun to watch. Helps too that both arenas were pretty much full.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

4th straight OT game for Canes and Preds. Last time Nashville was that team that barely made the playoffs but no one wanted to play them was 2017.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Great series, Canes move on. Nashville fans cheering on their team still.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

What a series that was. I was glad Aho closed out the latest OT rather quickly because it was getting late already with the 930 Central start time :D Tampa-Canes should be a real good series too and we'll see if Carolina has enough to take it to the next level and get by a juggernaut of a team.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Cole Caufield is going to be a special player. I remember when he started to slide a bit I was praying the Pens would try and trade up to get him
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

Bruins making the Isles look stupid. 22-8 shots. Yet it’s 1-1 lol