2021 NHL Playoffs

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: 2021 NHL Playoffs

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:See OV yelling at the goalie after the GWG? Stay in the net ! And a bunch of other stuff.

Strong leaders don’t do that for others to see.
Was it only directed at Samsonov? I know NBC guys said it was in Russian but I’m not sure how the guys watching on a tiny monitor could tell. The defenseman (Schultz?) just stopped playing and let the Bruin beat him clean with speed to a puck that was left for the defenseman to play coming around the net.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote:
KG wrote:See OV yelling at the goalie after the GWG? Stay in the net ! And a bunch of other stuff.

Strong leaders don’t do that for others to see.
Was it only directed at Samsonov? I know NBC guys said it was in Russian but I’m not sure how the guys watching on a tiny monitor could tell. The defenseman (Schultz?) just stopped playing and let the Bruin beat him clean with speed to a puck that was left for the defenseman to play coming around the net.
I thought I must be the only one who wondered exactly WTF Schultz did right there. Obviously it was a bad decision by Samsonov to leave it behind the net, but he already had and Schultz saw it and then veered AWAY from the puck to seemingly avoid getting run over.

As far as Ovi goes, the time in the playoffs he showed leadership, the Caps won a Cup. He now seems content with that and his main objective the goal scoring mark. Him and most of his fellow forwards in Oshie, Wilson, Backstrom gave a pitiful non-effort in OT. They had no legs, were skating in mud, and seemed to lack any desire except for the game to get over with. About the only Cap who still had plenty to give and was showing it was dman Orlov. Rest of the team? No. They hadn't exactly blazed around during the first 3 periods either. Caps looked pretty slow(and old) against a Bruin team that isn't a speed team besides Hall.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So a clean hit on Tavares leaving the zone results in freak accident of a Hab player exiting has his knee strike the head of Tavares and he was not in good shape. But then Foligno goes after Perry, who I guess did the horrible act of exiting his zone to back check, and says he has to fight him because reasons. Stupid reasons.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote:So a clean hit on Tavares leaving the zone results in freak accident of a Hab player exiting has his knee strike the head of Tavares and he was not in good shape. But then Foligno goes after Perry, who I guess did the horrible act of exiting his zone to back check, and says he has to fight him because reasons. Stupid reasons.
I think Perry's history and reputation earned that fight more than the Tavares incident itself. Doesn't make it right, but sometimes you pay for your reputation.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Sigwolf wrote:
DelPen wrote:So a clean hit on Tavares leaving the zone results in freak accident of a Hab player exiting has his knee strike the head of Tavares and he was not in good shape. But then Foligno goes after Perry, who I guess did the horrible act of exiting his zone to back check, and says he has to fight him because reasons. Stupid reasons.
I think Perry's history and reputation earned that fight more than the Tavares incident itself. Doesn't make it right, but sometimes you pay for your reputation.
When I heard that Tavares got injured and Perry was involved, it was a real shocker to see it was a total accident with no intent whatsoever from Perry. That's a real rarity when a disgraceful POS thug like Perry is involved.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Fleury makes a save with 1:36 left and you can’t see the puck anywhere. It’s probably in the net but still 4-2.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

brwi wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:
When I heard that Tavares got injured and Perry was involved, it was a real shocker to see it was a total accident with no intent whatsoever from Perry. That's a real rarity when a disgraceful POS thug like Perry is involved.
There was nothing there though. You can skate out of your zone and if someone is knocked down towards your knee what are you supposed to do?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Tapan just asked is Lehner should play to relive pressure on Fleury. The guy lost game one 1-0 in OT. Then wins the next two. Vegas never should had given Lehner that contract to begin with. But we have seen stubborn coaches often go back to the “#1” goalie and it costs them games.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote:Tapan just asked is Lehner should play to relive pressure on Fleury. The guy lost game one 1-0 in OT. Then wins the next two. Vegas never should had given Lehner that contract to begin with. But we have seen stubborn coaches often go back to the “#1” goalie and it costs them games.
[cough] Trotz [/cough]
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote:
brwi wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:
There was nothing there though. You can skate out of your zone and if someone is knocked down towards your knee what are you supposed to do?
I'm not blaming Perry at all, just surprised for once he wasn't at fault.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

The Caps are completely outclassed. I can’t believe what I’m watching. The Bruins forecheck is all over them and they can’t sustain any time in the offensive zone. Their PP give up more chances than it creates.

They look downright lost.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

murphydump55 wrote:The Caps are completely outclassed. I can’t believe what I’m watching. The Bruins forecheck is all over them and they can’t sustain any time in the offensive zone. Their PP give up more chances than it creates.

Is it just a bad match up or did the Caps hit the wall? I agree, I have not seen them look this slow and apathetic looking in years. But, they are somehow still hanging in this game even though they have not had a shot in almost 15 minutes
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

Skatingpen wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:The Caps are completely outclassed. I can’t believe what I’m watching. The Bruins forecheck is all over them and they can’t sustain any time in the offensive zone. Their PP give up more chances than it creates.

Is it just a bad match up or did the Caps hit the wall? I agree, I have not seen them look this slow and apathetic looking in years. But, they are somehow still hanging in this game even though they have not had a shot in almost 15 minutes
It just seems the Bruins are too fast for them. The D can’t handle the forecheck at all.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

murphydump55 wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:

It just seems the Bruins are too fast for them. The D can’t handle the forecheck at all.
Mantha has disappeared as has most of the stars.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

Skatingpen wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:

Mantha has disappeared as has most of the stars.
Mantha has been awful.

I can’t believe how many bounces the Bruins get too. It seems every puck bounces directly to them
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Speaking of bounces, this series looks to be over
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

It’s odd to see the Caps look so disinterested, no fire or passion at all
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Skatingpen wrote:It’s odd to see the Caps look so disinterested, no fire or passion at all
They pretty much threw in the towel after the 3rd period of the last game. They had blown another 3rd period lead and then started taking control late but couldn't score. They then came out for OT seemingly disheartened and gave a poor effort that has carried over tonight. Disinterested is a good word for their performance. S-l-o-w.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

The Caps are embarrassing. The Bruins are just controlling every aspect of the game. The PP is a joke, they do nothing 5 on 5, they get pushed around.

This is also on Laviolette. Cassidy is taking his lunch money every game.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

The quicker those jerks are out the better. Can’t stand them and their constant antics and OV and his leadership.......
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Skatingpen wrote:The quicker those jerks are out the better. Can’t stand them and their constant antics and OV and his leadership.......
As much as I love to see the Caps fail I would really prefer this series go 7 games with each team killing each other.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

DelPen wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:The quicker those jerks are out the better. Can’t stand them and their constant antics and OV and his leadership.......
As much as I love to see the Caps fail I would really prefer this series go 7 games with each team killing each other.

With multiple long OTs!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

How is knocking a stick out of another player’s hands when the puck isn’t even close not interference? Refs have been horrible all around in the playoffs.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

DelPen wrote:
Washington plays a lot better at home. I won't say it'll go 7 but I think it'll at least go 6.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
DelPen wrote:
Washington plays a lot better at home. I won't say it'll go 7 but I think it'll at least go 6.
I say it’s over next game.