Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

Ben is **** garbage right now.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It’s laughable that any Steelers player on offense think they can showboat or can get upset when the Bengals **** all over them. These players should be embarrassed how they have all played on offense since the end of the first half in Nashville.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Losing to the **** Browns two weeks in a row is going to be just swell.

Hockey back on 23 days.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Del...Steelers win or lose tonight?
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

The only positive is that the Clowns barely held on to beat Mason freaking Rudolf and the practice squad. It will come down to which Roethlisberger shows up.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

... the wrong one.
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

Rumor has it that all the Steelers had a bad Primantis Sammy before the game.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

DelPen wrote:Losing to the **** Browns two weeks in a row is going to be just swell.

Hockey back on 23 days.
I wish my powers of predicting the future would be used for lottery numbers and not obvious sports results.
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

DelPen wrote:
DelPen wrote:Losing to the **** Browns two weeks in a row is going to be just swell.

Hockey back on 23 days.
I wish my powers of predicting the future would be used for lottery numbers and not obvious sports results.
Where do we go from here Del?
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Funny, this thread only seems to have new posts when the Steelers lose.

(Not that today was good at all, that game completely sucked and the team should be embarrassed. I'm just saying.)
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

ejd43 wrote:
DelPen wrote:

Hockey back on 23 days.
I honestly think 3 games in 12 days is what did the Steelers in. They got a ton of injuries and just couldn't recover as a team.

That said, I think they need a better commitment to the running game. Either draft a better running back to replace Conner or improve the Oline to run block better. I think they could use a TE as well, but I think the team is young enough and talented enough to not need a huge overhaul.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Saw Pouncey is retiring. Ben will also if true.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Daniel wrote:
ejd43 wrote:
DelPen wrote:

Hockey back on 23 days.
I honestly think 3 games in 12 days is what did the Steelers in. They got a ton of injuries and just couldn't recover as a team.

That said, I think they need a better commitment to the running game. Either draft a better running back to replace Conner or improve the Oline to run block better. I think they could use a TE as well, but I think the team is young enough and talented enough to not need a huge overhaul.
Need to get lucky and find some vets who have something to prove on one year deals at some key positions along with drafting well. A guy like Dalton while having a competent running game would be good enough to make the playoffs and maybe catch fire. But aside from a very strong and young WR core we have nothing on offense. Defense is still fine when healthy. Missing Haden, Dupree and Bush really hurt us the last two game and Dupree going down is what started the downfall.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Still can’t believe Ben still doesn’t understand the concept of throwing the ball away.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Routine tackle on a QB running who chooses not to slide is flagged for a personal foul. **** these officials.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

3 yard screens when you need 12. Is there a more iconic pairing for Tomlin football?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

I can't take this anymore. Big Ben should have retired after last year. Rudolph or Haskins might not be the answer, but it sure looks like Ben is done.

He either physically can't go under center, is unwilling to, or the coaching staff won't do it but they need to go to smash mouth football to open up the passing game. Not even to mention that the receivers and QB are rarely on the same page.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

What a horrible game.
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

Yep, Ben's done. He can still put together a good drive occasionally. Just not enough of them. That last drive they got 3 but should have had 7. Ben overthrew JuJu wide open for a TD. Then he threw it too high down the sideline. The previous drive he got strip sacked trying to throw, but before that, he threw way behind JuJu. They need to lose all their games so they can draft the next franchise QB. Not to mention that the defense is just pathetic beyond all possibility of words. They can't stop the run, they can't cover, and they can't rush the passer. Every single GB possession is a guaranteed touchdown.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Horrible call to negate a 10 point swing at the end of the first half in the blocked punt return and then some nine headed plays and calls on offense. This o-line, QB who should have retired but it’s not like we have any better option and a coach who has always been in way over his head combined with a thin defense is going to see us finish last in the North and hopefully end up with a good pick and changes in coaching finally.

This team needs to have a really bad season before this crap will get fixed.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

This team will be bad this year. Really bad. But will ownership double down with what’s wrong or clean house to fix the problems? I’m guessing they double down.
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

End of an era.

And what a sorry end it seems to be.

Is there a team remaining on the Steelers' schedule that they SHOULD beat???

Maybe Detroit.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:This team will be bad this year. Really bad. But will ownership double down with what’s wrong or clean house to fix the problems? I’m guessing they double down.
I think they’re a QB and experience away from being a really good team. Since the 2022 QB class sucks, get CB, DL, OL, WR (I think Juju and Washington will be gone) in the draft and let Rudolph and Haskins see if they can be the QB of the future.

From what I’ve read Rudolph and Haskins are at least as good as the best QB so why waste a pick when you can get more depth. Other than youth, Ben is the biggest weakness. As a matter of fact, if you IR’d Ben and had Rudolph and/or Haskins start and go to a more run oriented offense they might salvage the season. Ben either won’t or physically can’t go under center and I think that hurts the OL since they can’t just line up and play smash mouth Cowher style.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Interesting fact from the game. The Super Bowl that Ben and Rodgers played against was the last Super Bowl either Team/QB played in. Over 10 years, who would have bet that back then.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Random person running in the field isn’t something I would expect to see at Heinz Field.