Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

At some point Tomlin needs to be held accountable. Colbert more so. The fact that Steven Ridley was even in a position to fumble in week 16 is an indictment on his inability to get quality depth for well over a decade
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Was really looking forward to the Boswell shank
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Yes and Romo knows what we know. He just doesn’t have the balls to say it. That being said CBS guys totally rooting against Steelers and for a team from nfc is pretty much a hoje too. The nfl controls game outcomes through the pass interference rule. It is the biggest sham of all.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So we will lose to the Bengals and then the Browns will beat the Ravens or we will win and then the Browns kicker will miss a chip shot as time expires to lose. Either way we won’t make the playoffs.
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by itissteeltime »

Brutal, this team can beat anybody.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Steelers were screwed multiple times by the refs, but good teams don't put themselves in this position to begin with. Really dissapointing.
jf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jf »

Tomlin doesn't challenge a possible fumble by the Saints in the first half around the Steelers 20 , but he tries a fake punt while ahead in the game . Tomlin should go but that will not happen . If the Steelers win and the Titans and Colts tie , who wins the tiebreaker among the three teams ?
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by itissteeltime »

jf wrote:Tomlin doesn't challenge a possible fumble by the Saints in the first half around the Steelers 20 , but he tries a fake punt while ahead in the game . Tomlin should go but that will not happen . If the Steelers win and the Titans and Colts tie , who wins the tiebreaker among the three teams ?
Steelers do. Better chance is the Browns winning
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

itissteeltime wrote:Brutal, this team can beat anybody.
And it has shown it can lose tragically to anybody
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

WE JUST GOT TOMLIN’D
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I have calmed down a little clinging on the hope of missing the playoffs might lead to change. But this time next week when we lose and miss the playoffs but hey, winning record, and Tomlin is still the coach I will be drinking heavily for a long long time.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

DelPen wrote:That foot dragged out before the 2nd one was down. Right in front of the coaches too.
I saw that too, it was missed by the coaches and the announcers. Not a big deal I guess but they did show the replay like 4 times.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Game moved to 4:25 next week.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

DelPen wrote:Game moved to 4:25 next week.
Dandy. Another Sunday afternoon meal ruined.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

pronovost19 wrote:Dan Bylsma of the NFL.
This season ought to be Tomlin's last. No way they should have tied Cleveland or lost to Oakland, San Diego, or New Orleans. Probably not Denver, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since it's always tough to win at that altitude. Even with the early season struggles (he needs to be the coach and not allow Ben to go into the regular season with barely any preseason, but that's another discussion), this team could very well be 12-3 right now and maybe 13-2.

This team is constantly distracted, ill prepared, and he's almost always outcoached. I'll give him a ton of credit for the New England game, but that just makes the other games more frustrating. If the Steelers were as prepared for 16 games and playoffs as they were vs. New England, I think they're a strong Super Bowl contender on an almost yearly basis.

This team has no business being in this position, except for bad coaching. Too much talent on both sides of the ball.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Humperdink wrote:
DelPen wrote:Game moved to 4:25 next week.
Dandy. Another Sunday afternoon meal ruined.
I just wish the Baltimore/Cleveland game was at noon to put us out of our misery or give us something to root for.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Daniel wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:Dan Bylsma of the NFL.
This season ought to be Tomlin's last. No way they should have tied Cleveland or lost to Oakland, San Diego, or New Orleans. Probably not Denver, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since it's always tough to win at that altitude. Even with the early season struggles (he needs to be the coach and not allow Ben to go into the regular season with barely any preseason, but that's another discussion), this team could very well be 12-3 right now and maybe 13-2.

This team is constantly distracted, ill prepared, and he's almost always outcoached. I'll give him a ton of credit for the New England game, but that just makes the other games more frustrating. If the Steelers were as prepared for 16 games and playoffs as they were vs. New England, I think they're a strong Super Bowl contender on an almost yearly basis.

This team has no business being in this position, except for bad coaching. Too much talent on both sides of the ball.
Couldn't have said it better.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Colbert is a problem too. The depth in this team has been atrocious. The same scrubs are still here year in, year out. I’m worried what he will do with the money saved by Bell not being here and desperately needing a better ILB and CB’s.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:Colbert is a problem too. The depth in this team has been atrocious. The same scrubs are still here year in, year out. I’m worried what he will do with the money saved by Bell not being here and desperately needing a better ILB and CB’s.
I don't think he's a huge problem. Artie Burns was a good draft pick that wasn't developed. Not his fault for the roster Tomlin chooses. Cutting the athletic Thomas over the scrub Matakevich, for example. Not Colbert's fault that the defense is so complicated it takes a rookies half a year to get to the point of bad or Joey Porter can't develop linebackers.

While his drafts aren't perfect, with better coaching they look a whole lot better. While I wouldn't lose sleep if he's gone, I don't think he's the problem.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

The coaching is overall a total mystery. What exactly does Joey Porter, for example, even do? To say nothing of Keith Butler's defenses being saved by individual performances.

I'm also starting to warm to the idea of getting rid of Tomlin. That Oakland loss was the last straw; simply unforgivable to not have the team ready for that game, and then to also hold Ben out thinking the game was won? Ridiculous.

That said, it' s the Steelers, so Tomlin will never be fired because The Steelers Don't Fire Coaches™. Mediocrity here we come.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

There’s also the whole idea that the Rooney’s will never fire someone hired by the Rooney Rule. I really don’t know what Tomlin can do to get replaced. Even an 0-16 season there will always be some sort of excuse.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

DelPen wrote:There’s also the whole idea that the Rooney’s will never fire someone hired by the Rooney Rule. I really don’t know what Tomlin can do to get replaced. Even an 0-16 season there will always be some sort of excuse.
"Look at all the winning seasons he's had, every coach is allowed a mulligan."
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Tomlin already getting out coached and Lewis hasn’t even done anything yet.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

What exactly does Joey Porter do on this team?
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Since we are playing one of the NFL bottom feeders today, I am not optimistic. A Tomlin specialty to blow this game.

As I type this, Ben tosses a pick 6. Sweet.