Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

ejd43 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
ejd43 wrote:Getting a glimpse of life after Big Ben.
Wrong QB is in.
Would you rather see mason?
Even before this **** show yes.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

pronovost19 wrote:12-17 vs. combined 25-89 teams since 2013. That is abysmal. One constant since 2013. Tomlin.

Cannot blame it on the dc....he fired him.

Cannot blame it on the oc....he fired him.

Better start looking in the mirror.

:pop:
bump
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

That was my post two weeks ago. Cannot blame coordinators anymore.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

That was my post two weeks ago. Cannot blame coordinators anymore.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Ben had that look when you are out sick from work but need to go in because the new hire is hung over and worthless and you need to crawl out of bed to come In Anyways.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Fire Colbert now
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

When was the last time the Steelers and Penguins both missed the playoffs?
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

New all-time low.....
12-18 now vs. combined 27-99 teams since 2013.
Not something new. Have had multiple ocs and dcs...only one constant.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If Boswell isn’t cut tonight this team isn’t winning another game this year. This loss is entirely on him.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

DelPen wrote:Fire Colbert now
He has given the coach all the talent he needs to win. You give the Steelers roster to other coaches in this league and I bet you they wouldn't be 12-18 vs combined 25-99 teams over a 6 years period.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Mike Tomlin continues his mastery over teams with losing records. Coach T always has the team prepared. Laughable.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

On a side note, Snoop Dog may have a twitter rant tonight. LOL
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

pronovost19 wrote:
He has given the coach all the talent he needs to win. You give the Steelers roster to other coaches in this league and I bet you they wouldn't be 12-18 vs combined 25-99 teams over a 6 years period.
He has not provided any good depth. The secondary still sucks. No competent backup QB since Batch retired. LB depth is horrible. He’s drafted poorly over lost of his tenure and just hasn’t found good value signings for backups when needed. He’s part of the problem, maybe more than Tomlin.
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

What’s mind boggling to me is the Steelers constantly shop goodwill style in free agency. Time to break away from the “Steelers way” and get with the times. We have a franchise QB and pissed away so many good years of him. I’d say a house cleaning is needed.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

DelPen wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:
He has not provided any good depth. The secondary still sucks. No competent backup QB since Batch retired. LB depth is horrible. He’s drafted poorly over lost of his tenure and just hasn’t found good value signings for backups when needed. He’s part of the problem, maybe more than Tomlin.
You cannot put that lack of preparation for sub .500 teams on anyone but Tomlin. Belichick wins at least two or three Super Bowls with the rosters that Tomlin has squandered. Too much of a players coach. Go read some of Harrison's comments about watching Tom Brady running to meetings because he might be late. Coaching makes a difference. It sets the tone. When you lose as bad.y as Tomlin does to losing teams it is an indictment on the culture set by the coaching staff.

Respect you Del and not that I am trying to argue, but this culture is not one that is Super Bowl worthy. In fact, I would even go further and say Tomlin won with Cowher's crew. He is in essence very similar to HCDB and is the HCDB of the NFL.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

pronovost19 wrote:
DelPen wrote:
pronovost19 wrote:
You cannot put that lack of preparation for sub .500 teams on anyone but Tomlin. Belichick wins at least two or three Super Bowls with the rosters that Tomlin has squandered. Too much of a players coach. Go read some of Harrison's comments about watching Tom Brady running to meetings because he might be late. Coaching makes a difference. It sets the tone. When you lose as bad.y as Tomlin does to losing teams it is an indictment on the culture set by the coaching staff.

Respect you Del and not that I am trying to argue, but this culture is not one that is Super Bowl worthy. In fact, I would even go further and say Tomlin won with Cowher's crew. He is in essence very similar to HCDB and is the HCDB of the NFL.
I agree with both of you...they both need canned.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pens2005 »

pronovost19 wrote: You cannot put that lack of preparation for sub .500 teams on anyone but Tomlin. Belichick wins at least two or three Super Bowls with the rosters that Tomlin has squandered. Too much of a players coach. Go read some of Harrison's comments about watching Tom Brady running to meetings because he might be late. Coaching makes a difference. It sets the tone. When you lose as bad.y as Tomlin does to losing teams it is an indictment on the culture set by the coaching staff.

Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

pens2005 wrote:
pronovost19 wrote: You cannot put that lack of preparation for sub .500 teams on anyone but Tomlin. Belichick wins at least two or three Super Bowls with the rosters that Tomlin has squandered. Too much of a players coach. Go read some of Harrison's comments about watching Tom Brady running to meetings because he might be late. Coaching makes a difference. It sets the tone. When you lose as bad.y as Tomlin does to losing teams it is an indictment on the culture set by the coaching staff.

Time to clean house. Munchak stays as Oline coach. Everyone else can go.
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

Faubert5 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:

Time to clean house. Munchak stays as Oline coach. Everyone else can go.
Keith “Dagon” Butler should start packing Now. Defense constantly caught with crap in their pants all too often.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Why is Burns even still on this team?
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

DelPen wrote:Why is Burns even still on this team?
After Brady's long TD pass, it was reported Artie has entered the witness protection program. Brady has been looking for him high and low.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

And that’s the game
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ejd43 »

Every time Boswell comes out to kick I find myself hiding behind my couch.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

ejd43 wrote:Every time Boswell comes out to kick I find myself hiding behind my couch.
These aren’t even really close to being good considering the distance.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Bye Boswell...will be cut tomorrow.