NHL trades, rumors, banter, free agency etc

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: NHL trades, rumors, banter, free agency etc

Post by Pruezy11881 »

It's being reported the Panarin won't negotiate a contract extension with Columbus. They are allegedly fielding phone calls on him...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Hagelin for Panarin
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I don't know that Columbus would make a trade with the pens.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

stonewizard51 wrote:
Badger Bob wrote:The Trotz thing has me laughing and laughing. Only in DC. Gotta love it. :lol:
And made even more hilarious by Reirden being slated in as the HC...Guess there's no repeat in their future. :lol:
Talk in DC is that Reirden is the one who made the adjustments that helped the Caps win the Cup. So with all due respect, the Caps were laughed at before the season started so I imagine they have as good a chance as anyone next year. Especially if the Reirden comments are true
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Jim wrote:Hagelin for Panarin
Talk about ludicrous and stupid....HA.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Skatingpen wrote:
stonewizard51 wrote:
Badger Bob wrote:The Trotz thing has me laughing and laughing. Only in DC. Gotta love it. :lol:
And made even more hilarious by Reirden being slated in as the HC...Guess there's no repeat in their future. :lol:
Talk in DC is that Reirden is the one who made the adjustments that helped the Caps win the Cup. So with all due respect, the Caps were laughed at before the season started so I imagine they have as good a chance as anyone next year. Especially if the Reirden comments are true
I've seen some of that happy talk from fans in DC giving a lot of credit to adjustments Reirden supposedly made, and I'm not buying it. Seen a lot of Trotz-coached games over the years and how DC was playing during this Cup run looked very much like how his Nashville teams played every night(heavy forecheck,clog middle of ice and counter-attack instead of trying to force offense) minus a Tom Wilson. The big difference was the skill level compared to what the Preds could ice.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

ville5 wrote:
Sheary and Hunwick for Panarin then! Do it, JR.

Panarin is probably waiting to see if they extend Bob. If they do, he might want to depart :lol: Or, waiting to see if Columbus wises up and gets rid of Torts which I'm surprised hasn't happened already. With Trotz now available, some HC's suddenly have a hotter seat than before.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Headline out of DC: Trotz Exit Says More About Owner Than Coach

The article is one giant slam.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ner-coach/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Humperdink wrote:Headline out of DC: Trotz Exit Says More About Owner Than Coach

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... ner-coach/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haha! I was just coming on here to post that same article. You beat me to it!

Sweaty Teddy Leonsis is looking like an idiot on this one. It's almost Bob Nuttingesque.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

ville5 wrote:
It was a joke boy, ya missed it son...

Hunwick for Panarin then.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Headline out of DC: Trotz Exit Says More About Owner Than Coach

Haha! I was just coming on here to post that same article. You beat me to it!

Sweaty Teddy Leonsis is looking like an idiot on this one. It's almost Bob Nuttingesque.
The whole thing is crazy, Whiny Trotz wants an extension triggered by a Stanley Cup, he signs the contract, fulfills the contract, doesn't want to honor the contract, walks away, and Leonsis is the bad guy? Either Trotz is a moron who shouldn't have negotiated this or an idiot for accepting it. OR, he didn't think the Caps could possibly win the Stanley Cup.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Yeah, good point. A contract is a contract. Shame on Trotz for not negotiating a bigger extension value in the event of winning a cup. I still like to make fun of Sweaty Teddy though. It just feels right.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote:Yeah, good point. A contract is a contract. Shame on Trotz for not negotiating a bigger extension value in the event of winning a cup. I still like to make fun of Sweaty Teddy though. It just feels right.
Perhaps I should have added THIS TIME to "and Leonsis is the bad guy?"

I think we can make fun of Teddy for a lot of things while still making fun of Trotz for, well being Trotz. :fist:

Maybe he'll go to the Islanders to enhance our enjoyment.

HAHAHA

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/nhl- ... 4m-a-year/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

-Lindholm camp wants over $5 million, Canes are offering a bit over $4 million per LeBrun.
-Lehner to become an ufa as Buffalo will not make a QO per Bobby McK.
Last edited by ville5 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Dorion confirms the Senators' "broken locker room" in trading Hoffman. And happy to acquire Boedker, who got a ringing endorsement from Duchene.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Dale Tallon, Florida GM, on trade talks so far: "I haven't heard a lot about big names. It's mostly deals that fill needs for teams, either a stay-at-home defenseman or a third-line or a fourth-line guy or a specialty player of some sort."

So what about all of these big names that "writers" keep trowing out there as available and being shopped?

That's two GMS in the last couple days calling shenanigans on the "writers"
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

Skatingpen wrote:
stonewizard51 wrote:
Oddly enough he has been there the same amount of time as Trotz. Why now would he be given the opportunity to make those adjustments? Reirden wasn't that effective with the Pens now all of a sudden he's the next best thing since sliced bread. It could be I guess but, sorry, I don't see it.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

CALGARY
FLAMES
D Noah Hanifin
F Elias Lindholm

CAROLINA
HURRICANES
D Dougie Hamilton
F Micheal Ferland
D Adam Fox
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Tavares is going to talk with "at least 5 other teams" according to his agent, Brisson. The usual suspects are a list with SJ,TOR,VGK,DAL, and TB. I expect a huge push from SJ and Toronto and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tavares departs. Vegas can afford him easily while TB cannot, and Stars are sort of in a similar position as NYI in terms of starting with a new HC after missing the playoffs.

If he really likes the west coast, he'll be a Shark, otherwise I bet Leaf.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

brwi wrote:Tavares is going to talk with "at least 5 other teams" according to his agent, Brisson. The usual suspects are a list with SJ,TOR,VGK,DAL, and TB. I expect a huge push from SJ and Toronto and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Tavares departs. Vegas can afford him easily while TB cannot, and Stars are sort of in a similar position as NYI in terms of starting with a new HC after missing the playoffs.

If he really likes the west coast, he'll be a Shark, otherwise I bet Leaf.
There's a rumor that the Isles offered an 8 year, $88 million dollar deal. Gonna be hard to trump that.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Read that JT expects to get 12mill per. Isles can offer him the 8th year. Make that 8/88 8/96 and one would think you have a deal...

Hope he stays. Don’t like seeing stars leave via free agency.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

The floodgates are opening. Tanner Chero was just traded for Michael Chaput.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

-Yotes and Hjalmarsson have an agreement.
-CBJ showing interest in Rick Nash
-Roussel and Habs have mutual interest.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Interesting quote from GM George McPhee, via Sportsnet.ca, about Perron and Neal:
“So far, they haven’t been accepted, so we’ll see where the process takes us,” McPhee told Steve Carp of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “But there’s a line there. You either have a deal or you don’t. … We made our offer, and they said they’d circle back. They’re looking for a longer term, and if they get it, they won’t be back.”
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

ville5 wrote:Interesting quote from GM George McPhee, via Sportsnet.ca, about Perron and Neal:
“So far, they haven’t been accepted, so we’ll see where the process takes us,” McPhee told Steve Carp of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “But there’s a line there. You either have a deal or you don’t. … We made our offer, and they said they’d circle back. They’re looking for a longer term, and if they get it, they won’t be back.”
Perron is fine if you don't mind how wildly streaky he is, same with Neil. Perron didn't have a good post-season and Neil was last seen drawing a penalty on Orpik by punching himself in the face. OK, it was Orpik shouldering his arm but the result was the same.

Neil would probably go for 6mil/5 yrs and Perron similar He just had a career year and probably wants the same $$ and term as Neil. If they are looking for longer term than 3-4 yrs, McPhee sounds like he's fine with them walking.