Other NHL Games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Other NHL Games

Post by penny lane »

The metro was the toughest division , it's showing! For now Holtby is making the saves.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

penny lane wrote:The metro was the toughest division , it's showing! For now Holtby is making the saves.
The caps are a team of destiny now. They were 0-2 vs Columbus and CBJ hit the post in OT during game 3. Then the caps got a bizarre goal to win that game and then they won 4 straight. And just kept on going killing the Pittsburgh ghost - they are just on fire, there is no stopping them now. They have that insane hunger like the Pens had in 2016.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

The Caps are on fire is right. Can't seem to do anything wrong. The converse of true of the Bolts.

Strange game, this professional hockey thingy. There is momentum within a game and there is momentum within a series. The Caps sucked the life right out of Tampa Bay. Tampa Bay is not this bad.
Last edited by Humperdink on Mon May 14, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

We all have seen Vasilevsky melt down after allowing a bad or untimely goal. But this thrashing is the last thing I expected. I honestly felt, with all bias and hatred aside, that Tampa would dispose of the Caps in short order. Wow.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Somewhere a DC Cap fan is saying who needs Nick Backstrom. 8-) They've been great without him.

Last week I found this article~ past caps speak out about them moving on.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2018/05/10/washi ... -kuznetsov" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FMR cap goalie Jim Carey- he might be in a quiet place. :P
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

I guess as a human being, the Caps do deserve some playoffs success, but man as a Pens fan who lives here in DC, it is unbearable. They are up 2-0 on the Bolts and they still are talking about them beating the Pens and excorcising their demons and now they will never have that mental block again......
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

I think Jets have all the elements (speed, physicality, discipline, large and in charge GK, & Big Buff) to win the Cup. And I love the gutsiness of how they immediately try for an EN goal whenever they gain possession - no matter where the puck is on the ice.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Skatingpen wrote:I guess as a human being, the Caps do deserve some playoffs success, but man as a Pens fan who lives here in DC, it is unbearable. They are up 2-0 on the Bolts and they still are talking about them beating the Pens and excorcising their demons and now they will never have that mental block again......
You just know if they win this series and/ or the cup, the first game for the Pens next year will be on NBCsports in Washington for a long drawn out banner raising.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Skatingpen wrote:I guess as a human being, the Caps do deserve some playoffs success, but man as a Pens fan who lives here in DC, it is unbearable. They are up 2-0 on the Bolts and they still are talking about them beating the Pens and excorcising their demons and now they will never have that mental block again......
You just know if they win this series and/ or the cup, the first game for the Pens next year will be on NBCsports in Washington for a long drawn out banner raising.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Southern Fan wrote:
The pens can bring their bling to work. Guys with 2-3 rings can wear and add to the sparkles. :D 8-)
No, my hope is for the caps is to lose at that highest level. Have some other team celebrating with the cup on their home ice.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

penny lane wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:
The pens can bring their bling to work. Guys with 2-3 rings can wear and add to the sparkles. :D 8-)
No, my hope is for the caps is to lose at that highest level. Have some other team celebrating with the cup on their home ice.
I wouldn't mind seeing them blow a 2-0 or even a 3-0 lead to the Bolts. That would be awesome.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Faubert5 wrote:
penny lane wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing them blow a 2-0 or even a 3-0 lead to the Bolts. That would be awesome.
:thumb:
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Coburn just killed Stamkos. Great.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

Who whines more on the way to box Nashville or the Caps?
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

I know a loaded question when I see one.

What happened to Stamkos?
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

Durbano wrote:I know a loaded question when I see one.

What happened to Stamkos?

Hit got hit in the knee by friendly fire. Limped off like he was really hurt but came back into the game.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Thanks. That's a relief.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

Fleury or no Fleury I find it increasingly difficult to root for Vegas with each pregame "show."
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Faubert5 wrote:Fleury or no Fleury I find it increasingly difficult to root for Vegas with each pregame "show."
Yeah, that was...something. I guess I’m impressed by the dedication to being completely over the top.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

Wow, they let Vegas do that over and over then call that? How about the embellishment?
Saskunitz
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Saskunitz »

Fleury stole game 3.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdX2GRCU0AA3ynk.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevaney Martin
‏Verified account @KevaneyMartin
6h6 hours ago

There are just no words to describe Marc-Andre Fleury. Before he even took his pads off after game 3 of the Western Conference Final he spent time with the two sons of the Humboldt Broncos coach Darcy Haugan. They don’t make too many like him.
This, making all the saves, and tickling Wheeler's ear while watching a fight~ the Fleury HT. :D
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CAzCJilVI0[/youtube]
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Byfuglien > an entire pile of players.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI5aOQVVgfk[/youtube]
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Orlov is another cap who is having a breakout play off. Last year he scored one for the pens.
I am conflicted with this series. I know the caps like I know the pens.
I also don't care for the genius tag the put on Yzerman. I still miss the high octane action.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

penny lane wrote:Orlov is another cap who is having a breakout play off. Last year he scored one for the pens.
I am conflicted with this series. I know the caps like I know the pens.
I also don't care for the genius tag the put on Yzerman. I still miss the high octane action.

Tampa has looked better the last two games. I have always liked Orlov as well.