Other NHL Games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Other NHL Games

Post by Zarovich »

ALL CAPS!

Too soon?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Ovechkin and secondary scoring. From the blue jackets on, for now, Holtby is making the saves.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Fleury let’s in a stinker
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Winnipeg is one nasty team
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Lesky wrote:Jets or Vegas will be pushovers for Caps, can just hope Tampa can at least put up a little fight so Caps dont get very long rest before the finals as well.
I don't see a ton of separation with the final four teams and would expect all three remaining series to be competitive.

Tampa unquestionably needs to win game two but I wouldn't write them off because of last night's no-show. They had a similar debut against Boston and quickly regrouped.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

How fortunate that the Jets got the third goal, after the non call on the ice! Pens in game 2, not so lucky!
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Durbano wrote:
Lesky wrote:Jets or Vegas will be pushovers for Caps, can just hope Tampa can at least put up a little fight so Caps dont get very long rest before the finals as well.
I don't see a ton of separation with the final four teams and would expect all three remaining series to be competitive.

Tampa unquestionably needs to win game two but I wouldn't write them off because of last night's no-show. They had a similar debut against Boston and quickly regrouped.
I can see both series going 7 easily. Well, it won't be "easily" for Jets-Knights because it's going to be real physical start to finish. As far as either being a pushover to the Caps? LOL. Jets just beat the Prez winners and best home team in the NHL in a series where they won 3 times in Nashville. Jets won't be anybody's pushover and I think would make the Caps wilt pretty quickly. Vegas is so relentless for 60mins and have been riding the hottest goaltender in hockey.

Don't think either Tampa or Caps can hang with the Western winner, though Tampa has the firepower to make it close.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Reaves just put Wheeler over the boards into the bench.... this game is physical
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I think Winnipeg is gonna win the cup...
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Reaves with a hit that was "charging". If Tom Wilson had the same hit, they would be building a monument to his forechecking prowess.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Southern Fan wrote:Reaves with a hit that was "charging". If Tom Wilson had the same hit, they would be building a monument to his forechecking prowess.
Clearly a "reputation" penalty. Why NHL officiating continues to enhance their reputation, such as it is.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KG wrote:I think Winnipeg is gonna win the cup...
Depth, good defense and a goalie making all the timely saves. Only team left that has had all three going almost every game.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Hornqvist scores, Sweden up 2 zip!
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Caps top line is just unstoppable
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Kunitz flattens Nisky. Runs him right over. Sweet.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Can't think of a team I hate more than the Caps right now. No one else is even close.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Shorty, please.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I don't like Stamkos, don't like the lightning. Until the finals I am ok with the caps winning.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

penny lane wrote:I don't like Stamkos, don't like the lightning. Until the finals I am ok with the caps winning.
Caps are the biggest collection of dirtbags east of the Mississippi.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

penny lane wrote:I don't like Stamkos, don't like the lightning. Until the finals I am ok with the caps winning.
The Blots are easy to dislike, but the Caps moved to the head to list, with T. Wilson leading the charge .... so to speak.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Really thought Tampa would at least make it to the finals but this series is over.

I'm reduced to hoping Winnipeg makes short work of Vegas so they're reasonably fresh in the next round.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

This is pretty shocking, on paper this series shouldn't be that close. Caps are just packing it in and waiting for powerplays, but it's working.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Tampa is folding like a cheap suit. Maybe they will come out on fire in third, but I doubt it. That last second goal could be the death knell.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

The caps have won 7 of their last 8 road playoff games. Tampa has no chance at all. The Caps also repeatedly getting goals in the last seconds of a period or in the first shift of a period.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Malkintent wrote:
Lesky wrote:
DelPen wrote:So I guess the Caps might have been the 2nd best team in the NHL the last two years.
Anyone that did not know that before this year i delusional. The Caps was the best opponent the Pens beat those years. Maybe Tampa in 2016 with Stamkos healthy would have been a match. Other than that the Caps gave us most trouble. Last season MAF ROBBED the Capitals completely.

And the Pens will meet with the Caps the 2 next years as well, so better prepare for that! If Murray does not cut it we are bound to loose again and him performing at his best might not be enough.

What was most strange was how many on this board mocked the Caps for becoming much worse during free agency, and just had no idea why they thought that. I said that back then as well.

Jets or Vegas will be pushovers for Caps, can just hope Tampa can at least put up a little fight so Caps dont get very long rest before the finals as well.
---
Also, Tampa must learn, take a penalty and you PAY!

And Backstrom has missed the last 3 games, seems Caps are even better without him, lol.
The Caps did become worse over the summer. They lost Schmidt to Vegas, gave Johansson away for a couple of crappy draft picks, lost Williams and Alzner. The Pens just happened to get worse too.
Disagree. Without Williams the Caps become a younger and quicker team. Kuznetsov is improved, Vrana is a good player. Eller is stepping up. They lost a few average players but other player got bigger roles and developed. As I said last summer I felt the Caps would be pretty much the same. All their best players are also still there.

But the biggest reason is Kuznetsov, if he is making all the difference this playoffs.

The Pens had no business winning last year Vs the Caps. Fleury just won us the lottery, if Murray played we would lost the series guaranteed.

Yeah, the Pens did get worse, but the Caps should have won last years series, many Pens fans ignore that fact. Caps were better this year again, as much as I hate them, I have to admit that.