Other NHL Games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Other NHL Games

Post by DelPen »

Durbano wrote:Winnipeg earned the win but Rinne did not give his team a chance.

Go Tampa. Please.
Sounds familiar
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

I had no idea until a few minutes ago that Nashville has played the second-most playoff games in the last four years, trailing only the Pens. Just didn't remember them having any deep runs before last year.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Durbano wrote:I had no idea until a few minutes ago that Nashville has played the second-most playoff games in the last four years, trailing only the Pens. Just didn't remember them having any deep runs before last year.
Made it to the second round a lot and played a number of seven-game series.

Preds lost three games at home to Winnipeg and got smoked in those games.

I love it.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Durbano wrote:I had no idea until a few minutes ago that Nashville has played the second-most playoff games in the last four years, trailing only the Pens. Just didn't remember them having any deep runs before last year.
That surprised me too. Until last year, they'd never been past the 2nd round, which I knew because I have always followed them. I guess that stat shows that there have been few teams that get past the 2nd round either the last 4 yrs :D
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Pekka, it's all your fault. Though your mates didn't exactly help.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Faubert5 wrote:Pekka, it's all your fault. Though your mates didn't exactly help.
I respect him more than about anyone on that team. He accepts personal responsibility.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

Sigwolf wrote:
Faubert5 wrote:Pekka, it's all your fault. Though your mates didn't exactly help.
I respect him more than about anyone on that team. He accepts personal responsibility.
I like him. Class interview after the game. Man, has he been bad when needed most the last two years though. Ouch. The rest of the Preds I can do without.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

That's the smartest hockey I've ever seen Byfuglien play.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Wow Winnipeg looked great. Big, Fast, physical, skilled, deep. A final of them vs Tampa would be a great series.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

What happen to the 4 pillars of defense? :roll: Way to go Laviolette.
I'm not feeling the bolts. Hedman, Callahan, no, they don't need to win.
The NHL finals need a villain ~ enter the DC CAPS. Go ruin the bolts' season. Then be taken out by Cinderella West or Cinderella North.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Happy with the conference finals schedule. Hockey everyday. Only one late start that's not too bad, a 9PM start in Vegas.

Although not a Jon Cooper fan, hoping for a Vegas - Bolt final.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

penny lane wrote:What happen to the 4 pillars of defense? :roll: Way to go Laviolette.
I'm not feeling the bolts. Hedman, Callahan, no, they don't need to win.
The NHL finals need a villain ~ enter the DC CAPS. Go ruin the bolts' season. Then be taken out by Cinderella West or Cinderella North.

PK was -6 against Winnipeg and for as much as he scored he was a big part of why they lost.

Josi was -4 with one game at +3.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

"Guys, I don't feel so good......"
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

^^^^^ And you didn't look so good either.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Predictions for the 2 finals? I want Tampa Bay vs Vegas, I think we get Caps vs Winnipeg
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Skatingpen wrote:Predictions for the 2 finals? I want Tampa Bay vs Vegas, I think we get Caps vs Winnipeg
I want Caps vs Vegas, with the Caps losing to the ex-Penguins. If we can't beat them, Fleury, Neal, Perron, and Engellend beating them is the next best thing.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Faubert5 »

FLPensFan wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:Predictions for the 2 finals? I want Tampa Bay vs Vegas, I think we get Caps vs Winnipeg
I want Caps vs Vegas, with the Caps losing to the ex-Penguins. If we can't beat them, Fleury, Neal, Perron, and Engellend beating them is the next best thing.
I want no parts of the Caps in the Finals. The narrative of Ovi in the Finals will make it unwatchable for me. After the way the NHL handled the Wilson and Marchand affairs it's still almost impossible for me to want to tune in.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

CAPS v the Jets. Dustin Byfuglien destroying T Wilson for all the world to see.
Don't tell Sid, I only want current penguins winning the cup.

In a few short months, Vegas has taken on a Toronto fan base.
But, they do know how to put on a show. :D
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Tampa vs. Winnipeg.

The Lightning clearly were the best team in the East until they got bored near the home stretch, but now that they're paying attention again, they're 8-2 in the playoffs. They seem comparable to Washington in top-end scoring and goaltending, but they're faster and their defense is deeper. They also have a coach and some players who've been to the finals. I figure Holtby steals a game and Washington wins another one on special teams. Washington beat Pittsburgh on tons of odd-man breaks and questionable goals (games three and six), and those aren't likely to be in abundance in this series. Bolts in six.

Really tough turnaround for Winnipeg, playing the opener just 48 hours after game seven in Nashville, but I think Vegas finally feels some pressure and the Jets prevail in six.

Hoped-for final? Tampa vs. Vegas.
Last edited by Durbano on Fri May 11, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

When was the last time the Caps stared a series on the road?
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Washington played a game seven at Boston and another at NY Rangers within the last four or five seasons. Probably one of those series. They may have even been in the same season -- I remember they beat Boston and lost to NY.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Surprise start to this game, 2 shots on goal by Tampa with 4 minutes left in the first
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So I guess the Caps might have been the 2nd best team in the NHL the last two years.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

DelPen wrote:So I guess the Caps might have been the 2nd best team in the NHL the last two years.
Anyone that did not know that before this year i delusional. The Caps was the best opponent the Pens beat those years. Maybe Tampa in 2016 with Stamkos healthy would have been a match. Other than that the Caps gave us most trouble. Last season MAF ROBBED the Capitals completely.

And the Pens will meet with the Caps the 2 next years as well, so better prepare for that! If Murray does not cut it we are bound to loose again and him performing at his best might not be enough.

What was most strange was how many on this board mocked the Caps for becoming much worse during free agency, and just had no idea why they thought that. I said that back then as well.

Jets or Vegas will be pushovers for Caps, can just hope Tampa can at least put up a little fight so Caps dont get very long rest before the finals as well.
---
Also, Tampa must learn, take a penalty and you PAY!

And Backstrom has missed the last 3 games, seems Caps are even better without him, lol.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Post by Malkintent »

Lesky wrote:
DelPen wrote:So I guess the Caps might have been the 2nd best team in the NHL the last two years.
Anyone that did not know that before this year i delusional. The Caps was the best opponent the Pens beat those years. Maybe Tampa in 2016 with Stamkos healthy would have been a match. Other than that the Caps gave us most trouble. Last season MAF ROBBED the Capitals completely.

And the Pens will meet with the Caps the 2 next years as well, so better prepare for that! If Murray does not cut it we are bound to loose again and him performing at his best might not be enough.

What was most strange was how many on this board mocked the Caps for becoming much worse during free agency, and just had no idea why they thought that. I said that back then as well.

Jets or Vegas will be pushovers for Caps, can just hope Tampa can at least put up a little fight so Caps dont get very long rest before the finals as well.
---
Also, Tampa must learn, take a penalty and you PAY!

And Backstrom has missed the last 3 games, seems Caps are even better without him, lol.
The Caps did become worse over the summer. They lost Schmidt to Vegas, gave Johansson away for a couple of crappy draft picks, lost Williams and Alzner. The Pens just happened to get worse too.