Team with the Worst Management

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Which team has the worst management?

New York Rangers
No votes
Boston Bruins
9%
Vancouver Canucks
18%
Edmonton Oilers
73%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 11

Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Team with the Worst Management

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

I was talking to my buddy who's a Rangers fan and we both agreed that the Rangers management is pretty terrible and has been so consistently since the 94 cup. They've relied more on trading for/signing big names rather finding the right pieces and developing from their system.

Not keeping Stralman and Boyle, but then signing Brian Boyle for almost as much as Stralman. Trading Duclair for Yandle which I don't think is hindsight as many thought it was a bad move. Don't forget not buying out Nash.

I would have put the Islanders up there as historically in the Milbury era they traded away so many stars it was stupid, but they've since built more wisely.

We then got to the Canucks who we both think might be the worst of recent memory. I mean, just terrible moves.

Boston has made some questionable moves over the past couple of years which has seen them miss the playoffs two years in a row.

The Oilers are well, the Oilers.

If none of those choice, what team do you think?
sicmetal6
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Team with the Worst Management

Post by sicmetal6 »

I gotta say Oilers. Going back to the trade of all trades. Canucks are pretty bad though. Ny at least made some deep runs. The wild make some very questionable moves. Calgary too.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Hard to say NYR have awful management when they've had pretty decent talent work their way up to the NHL. Obviously not good that they've lost some of it and replaced it with Dan Boyle and Eric Staal, but they have a lot of home grown guys, which is half the battle.

Two other names to throw out there to debate: Colorado and Ottawa. Colorado had easy picks with Duchene and Mackinnon and have nothing around them.

Ottawa seems to always be pretty bad despite trying to make big splashes and when they do make the playoffs end up being a first round warmup for whoever they play.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Oilers. Seems like a decade of top 3 picks and they still suck. When they ruin McDavid it's going to be so sad.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

bhaw wrote:Hard to say NYR have awful management when they've had pretty decent talent work their way up to the NHL. Obviously not good that they've lost some of it and replaced it with Dan Boyle and Eric Staal, but they have a lot of home grown guys, which is half the battle.

Two other names to throw out there to debate: Colorado and Ottawa. Colorado had easy picks with Duchene and Mackinnon and have nothing around them.

Ottawa seems to always be pretty bad despite trying to make big splashes and when they do make the playoffs end up being a first round warmup for whoever they play.
Yeah, I almost threw Ottawa up there.

Even the NYR has had a good couple of years, overall they don't prepare for the future. They really just wing it and throw caution to the wind.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Rangers are one season off from winning the President's trophy. They are a good team who made it to a cup and conference final the last 3 seasons is impressive. They trade a lot of picks but they also have some decent young players, Miller, Kreider, Hayes, Stepan etc.

Vancouver is a disaster. Edmonton finally has a good coach and GM.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

You forgot to add the Pens in there because of power hungry Morehouse and senile no-long-term-responsibility out-of-touch puppet Rutherford.