WBS vs. Hershey Game 4 Official Thread

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
CT Mechanic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

WBS vs. Hershey Game 4 Official Thread

Post by CT Mechanic »

Hi All,

I didn't see anyone else posting this, so here goes.

It's about halfway through the 1st period, WBS has 4 shots, Hershey has 1 shot, no goals yet. I'm not watching it, I was just getting it off this link:

http://ahl.leaguestat.com/stats/game-su ... id=1002184

We wish we could watch it on TV. We're not going to pay $6 to watch it over the internet, though.

CT M
CT Mechanic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CT Mechanic »

Oh, and you weren't following, Hershey leads the series 3 - 0.
Rychster
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Rychster »

10 penalties in 2 periods when facing elimination?!?!?!?!?!

Disgraceful :evil:
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by BurghThing »

I can't even get to the WBS homepage to listen to the game.

And from what I've heard so far this series, it seems like the refs have a hard on for the Pens. Typical NHL bullcrap, call it one way during the season, and call it completely different in the playoffs.
BurghThing
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by BurghThing »

Feh , lost 1-0. Pathetic excuse for a series, didn't even bother to show up the last 3.5 games.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

BurghThing wrote:I can't even get to the WBS homepage to listen to the game.

And from what I've heard so far this series, it seems like the refs have a hard on for the Pens. Typical NHL bullcrap, call it one way during the season, and call it completely different in the playoffs.
Poor officiating didn't sweep them.

Poor officiating isn't why they got outscored 15-5 in 4 games.

Poor officiating did not shut them out twice.
pensfan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pensfan66 »

Well hello to all, just got back from the Bears Pens game. Can you say so long and goodnight? Well the Pens looked better than on Sunday but not quite good enough. Sabourin was awesome, just couldn't get any bounces. Carcillo fought with Robataille. The other high point was I saw Ray Bourque at the game!! Sitting in a box w/Wife, and son Chris and some other Bears players not dressed for the game. That was cool!! So now the season is officially done and I am a sad pensfan!!! I am however rooting for Team Canada in the Worlds! Go Sid!! (Is that bad since I am an American?) Oh Well, See ya next year!!!
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

Well hello to all, just got back from the Bears Pens game. Can you say so long and goodnight? Well the Pens looked better than on Sunday but not quite good enough. Sabourin was awesome, just couldn't get any bounces. Carcillo fought with Robataille. The other high point was I saw Ray Bourque at the game!! Sitting in a box w/Wife, and son Chris and some other Bears players not dressed for the game. That was cool!! So now the season is officially done and I am a sad pensfan!!! I am however rooting for Team Canada in the Worlds! Go Sid!! (Is that bad since I am an American?) Oh Well, See ya next year!!!
thanks for the update...

Who won the fight by the way, i missed that on the internet feed.

One thing I noticed though, is that Bonvie did not shake Robataille's hand after the game. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what I saw. He just skated by him and went to the next player, and then I saw Robataille barking something in his ear. Not a big deal, but kind of interesting.

The Pens looked alot better, too bad they didn't try this hard in the Sat game that I went to. That powerplay was just awful though in this series, at least in the two games that I watched.
pensfan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pensfan66 »

Sorry i forgot to put down that Carcillo won the fight and then when he got to the penalty box, he started gesturing to the fans cause they were booing him so he started playing the air guitar to the song that was playing. SOO funny!!!
pensfan66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pensfan66 »

Regarding the Bonvie vs Robataille? I didnt stay to see the handshake I ws leaving with like 10 seconds left and some Bears fan tried to sweep our feet as we were leaving. It was kind of funny cause my husband kicked the broom out of his hands and it went into the next section. Al in good fun though, I did hear Bonvie skipped Robataille, but talked to everyone else in line.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

that's funny about the guitar and the broom!

I'm definately going to try to make more games next year...
Eisbahren

Post by Eisbahren »

I had to listen on the Hershey web site as I couldn't access Tom....what an absolutely awful announcer that team has.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Vanbiesbrouck »

The Futuristic Bird wrote:I like Carcillo's overall game, feistiness, and competitiveness, but at some point he's got to realize something: his team was on the verge of getting swept.
Carcillo wasn't out of line at all. He fought, which is a role he's here to fill. He was fired up, and the team seemed to get a lift from it for a few minutes at least. The bench cheered him and was banging their sticks on the boards. Somebody needed to do something to wake the team up, and he tried the way he knows how.
K2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Announcer

Post by K2 »

Eisbahren wrote:I had to listen on the Hershey web site as I couldn't access Tom....what an absolutely awful announcer that team has.
Hershey's announcer, who was very good, (former PA man for Cincy Reds) left midseason for a cushy PR job in DC. His fill-in is a guy who does Eye in the Sky traffic reports for Harrisburg radio and indoor soccer...he is temporary, thankfully.