Need Stats Help

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Need Stats Help

Post by champeen »

Is there a stats site or a method of googling that will allow me to see point leaders as of a certain date? I want to be able to look at the points race as of 12/1/15, for instance. Also, likewise if it is possible to run a stat on point leaders SINCE a certain date..

Thanks for any ideas you may have.....
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Need Stats Help

Post by FLPensFan »

So far, the only thing I can find is a way to look at a single player via War-on-ice.com

Go to Players, Skater History, adjust the date range to include the entire 2015-2016 season, choose your player, choose all scoring situations, and Prime for Columns to display. Then choose Download Game Table.
Once you have the data downloaded to Excel, add filters to the column headers, and then add/remove the date range you want to look at.

I've been looking for something you have asked for as well, and haven't found it yet. I have about 20 stats sites that I use, so I'll take a look through a few of them again and see if I can find anything better than just single player at a time.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Need Stats Help

Post by champeen »

ahhhhhhhh..... found it. SO, on nhl.com, go to point leaders and at the top it will say 'view statistics by: " choose GAME, instead of season. then, one of the available filters is a custom date range. so relieved and annoyed that it took me so long to figure it out.