Lucic Suspended 1 Game - This league is a joke

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Lucic Suspended 1 Game - This league is a joke

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

Lucic, a repeat offender and all-around scumbag, has been suspended for a cheap shot to Kevin Connauton. Given his history, he should have gotten 5+ games.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/consol ... 85&lang=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just disgusting! Especially after his threats during the handshake last year, I can't believe the league even allows this guy to play. It's one thing to have a physical sport like hockey, but it's another to allow overtly dangerous players to take part.

One game sends no kind of message.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Lucic Suspended 1 Game - This league is a joke

Post by no name »

just based on his prior suspensions he should of gotten more. The league uses the "no injury" label to justify the 1 game suspension. That in its self is a joke.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

no name wrote:just based on his prior suspensions he should of gotten more. The league uses the "no injury" label to justify the 1 game suspension. That in its self is a joke.
Exactly. It's not too serious if a player behaves violently because the other guy didn't get injured. Makes tons of sense!

That was a straight up violent act. I know this is hockey, but even in the real world there's a major difference. You can get in to a run-of-the-mill fight with a small chance of getting arrested, but if you did what Lucic did it would be considered assault.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

What he should have done was cross check him in the back of the head. That's not a big deal.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Well the suspension clearly worked... Lucic got into a scrum with the Avs and thew a punch at McLeod (who at least was looking), missed, and drilled a linesman in the face.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Bad night for Linesmen- Wideman pushed one from behind, causing him to faceplant
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

jwest21 wrote:Bad night for Linesmen- Wideman pushed one from behind, causing him to faceplant
Wideman's excuse was BS in my opinion. Watch the replay and tell me he was hunched over and didn't see the linesman until that last second. He was looking dead in his direction and refused to change course when the linesman was skating backwards and gave him the shot. It was a total d@ck move on his part and he should have the hammer brought down on him for it.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Pruezy11881 wrote:
jwest21 wrote:Bad night for Linesmen- Wideman pushed one from behind, causing him to faceplant
Wideman's excuse was BS in my opinion. Watch the replay and tell me he was hunched over and didn't see the linesman until that last second. He was looking dead in his direction and refused to change course when the linesman was skating backwards and gave him the shot. It was a total d@ck move on his part and he should have the hammer brought down on him for it.
It didn't look accidental to me, either.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

If the NHL ruled the world, if you shot someone and they didn't die your penalty would be less. Say 5 year in prison instead of life.
toby91_ca
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by toby91_ca »

no name wrote:If the NHL ruled the world, if you shot someone and they didn't die your penalty would be less. Say 5 year in prison instead of life.
I really dislike how they use extent of injury in their decisions, but do you really think, in the real world, you'd get the same punishment for shooting someone who lived vs. shooting someone that ends up dying from the gun shot?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

toby91_ca wrote:
no name wrote:If the NHL ruled the world, if you shot someone and they didn't die your penalty would be less. Say 5 year in prison instead of life.
I really dislike how they use extent of injury in their decisions, but do you really think, in the real world, you'd get the same punishment for shooting someone who lived vs. shooting someone that ends up dying from the gun shot?
Yeah weird analogy b/c it is different. Murder vs assault.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Wideman has no history at all of acting-up like that, but he needs the 20 game suspension for what he did. It was blatant and I guess he just lost his mind there, but it has to be severely punished, and that's 20 by the rulebook. Give it to him.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Wideman hearing is tomorrow (Tuesday).