NHL Team in Las Vegas

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
CT Mechanic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

NHL Team in Las Vegas

Post by CT Mechanic »

So I just moved to Las Vegas. I happened across an article in the local paper

http://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/hoc ... -franchise" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I went to the website and put down my deposit on two full season tickets. I'm just curious if anyone on LGP has heard anything else about Vegas and Quebec trying to get an NHL team. It seems to me that if the guy is just about done building the hockey arena in Vegas, then getting the team is probably a done deal behind the scenes. Or is it possible the NHL really would say "No" to him?

Curiously,

CT M
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: NHL Team in Las Vegas

Post by no name »

The next GM\owners meeting they(Bettman or Daly) are supposed to formally endorse or turn down expansion. If they endorse it, in a few months the Owners will vote on weather to accept the proposal or dismiss it. Right now as much as I read, they might endorse both teams or just one. Las Vegas was getting the most endorsements with the arena and the season tickets being sold. Still to early to tell.

Last I read Quebec might be looking to get a relocation franchise but with Florida and Phoenix finally getting their situations cleaned up the only other hurting franchise up for sale is Carolina, but the owner wants the team to stay there and the NHL doesn't like to relocate franchises. If Quebec does get a franchse via expansion you got to realign the Divisions and the NHL might not want to do that.