NAS trade Jones to CBJ for Johansen

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

NAS trade Jones to CBJ for Johansen

Post by Malkintent »

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/14517 ... seth-jones" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Discuss
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: NAS trade Jones to CBJ for Johansen

Post by ville5 »

I think Columbus will regret this move in the long run. Especially if Seth, despite his athleticism, doesn't live up to his billing.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Agree. Seems like BJ's want success now but it's just not there. Torts is the wrong coach for a team a few years away.

They had some good young guys to build around and now their offense seems old with no future.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

You could argue that Nashville could have gotten more elsewhere, but... They have two very high end Dmen, in Weber and Josi, signed long term. They also have Ellis and Ekholm signed long term. Jones was going to be an RFA this summer one one of the 5 basically had to go. They need help at center. Ribiero is the only scoring center they have right now and there are reasons that he was ejected from Arizona (and Washington). So they moved from an area of strength for an area of need, both players being a little of a gamble as to potential.

I wonder if any of the other top 4 Dmen in Nashville were discussed in this trade. I wonder if Columbus wanted Jones or if Jones was the one that Nashville wanted to give up...?
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Johansen had one real good year so I don't give in he is an established No.1 center. Jones isn't established either. Johansen is said to have a bad attitude or is a bit lazy. Not sure, but the same was said about James Neal but he is doing good with the Preds. Maybe Lavi can bring him back to form.

Josi would of taken alot more to get the deal done. Seems like a even trade on paper. I hope it works out for both sides. I give a slight edge to the Preds. Jones they say will only mature into a No.2 defenceman and will never be a No.1 guy. BJs were lacking a top defenceman who can eat a lot of minutes. He can do that.