30 min waits for entry into CEC

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Realist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

30 min waits for entry into CEC

Post by Realist »

http://thepensblog.com/2015-archives/wa ... his-season" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I love it!! Have us submit to metal detectors (so legal CCW holders) can't defend themselves in a tax payer funded arena!!
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 30 min waits for entry into CEC

Post by Great58 »

It's been faster for me the first three nights this season than last.
Row_Z

Post by Row_Z »

Yes, I saw lines of similar length when I was going to enter around 6:25-6:30 at the lower entrance on Fifth Avenue. My wife and I walked up to the Center Avenue entrance and there the lines were much shorter (perhaps one or two people outside the door). From getting in line to getting on the escalator was about one or two minutes at the most. I was up in the Miller Brewhouse and was watching the lines below and there was never much of a line at the entrance below me on Center Avenue. So it seems to me the issues are primarily at that lower entrance on Fifth Avenue.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

I think you "love it" because it's something to add to your litany of things you hate about the Pens. You could've added this a month ago. (Also, I sense some baiting that you can take to the political or gun owners thread.)

All NHL Arenas to Have Walk-Through Metal Detectors
Toronto Star
18 Sep 2015

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/20 ... ctors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

Row_Z wrote:Yes, I saw lines of similar length when I was going to enter around 6:25-6:30 at the lower entrance on Fifth Avenue. My wife and I walked up to the Center Avenue entrance and there the lines were much shorter (perhaps one or two people outside the door). From getting in line to getting on the escalator was about one or two minutes at the most. I was up in the Miller Brewhouse and was watching the lines below and there was never much of a line at the entrance below me on Center Avenue. So it seems to me the issues are primarily at that lower entrance on Fifth Avenue.
The lines are the same length as last year, but they move faster. I went in the 5th ave entrance about 6:30-6:40, I got in, went to the restroom, got a beer and went to my seat comfortably before the anthems. Last year I'd be rushed just to get seated by face off.

I miss having 7:30 games, though.
Last edited by Great58 on Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Realist wrote:http://thepensblog.com/2015-archives/wa ... his-season

I love it!! Have us submit to metal detectors (so legal CCW holders) can't defend themselves in a tax payer funded arena!!
Well, why do you love it?
Realist
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Realist »

I love it because it just shows that the sheep will keep showing up no matter how bad they are mistreated.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Realist wrote:I love it because it just shows that the sheep will keep showing up no matter how bad they are mistreated.
Totally agree! That's why 90% of people have 10% of the money and the elite 10% control 90% of the money. There are indeed a lot of sheep out there who follow without much question or resistance. Glad I'm not one of them. :thumb:
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Realist wrote:I love it because it just shows that the sheep will keep showing up no matter how bad they are mistreated.
You mean the sheep that attend NHL games all over the entire league?

You mean the sheep that also attend a variety of other pro and college games and other events (e.g., concerts) in large civic places all over the nation?

"Realist," indeed.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

In a stadium that is 90% STH, I'm not sure the people at the games fall into the poverty stricken.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Lt. Dish wrote:

You mean the sheep that also attend a variety of other pro and college games and other events (e.g., concerts) in large civic places all over the nation?

"Realist," indeed.
Well, it's like someone who has an addiction and needs a fix. It could be money, drugs, gambling or something else. But if you have a product or leverage over another person or people and can supply them with what they want or need, they'd rather comply than go without. There are exceptions to be sure, but in general people give into temptation. That said, in this particular case with the Pens, the desire to go to games isn't what it once was.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

Because people who pay their hard earned money want to attend a hockey game? No I don't think so, especially since metal detectors or some kind a security device are commonplace at all NHL venues.

I think this is just a case of you and KK wanting to find something to complain about concerning the Pens and it's sad, it really is.

People don't go to games because there sheep, they go to be entertained, to have a night out.
Last edited by Tim Thomasen on Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

King Kessel wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:

"Realist," indeed.
Well, it's like someone who has an addiction and needs a fix. It could be money, drugs, gambling or something else. But if you have a product or leverage over another person or people and can supply them with what they want or need, they'd rather comply than go without. There are exceptions to be sure, but in general people give into temptation. That said, in this particular case with the Pens, the desire to go to games isn't what it once was.
My point is that Realist appears to be putting this item forth as another example of the Pens' profligate on- and off-ice failures. It's always the Pens. Only the Pens.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Tim Thomasen wrote:
Because people who pay their hard earned money want to attend a hockey game? No I don't think so, especially since metal detectors or some kind a security device are commonplace at all NHL venues.

I think this is just a case of you and KK wanting to find something to complain about concerning the Pens and it's sad, it really is.

People don't go to games because there sheep, they go to be entertained, to have a night out.
Wow, you missed the point entirely and negated your own argument in the process. lol

Um yeah, people throw around their hard earned money for entertainment, that doesn't mean they aren't sheep and can't be easily manipulated. In fact it furthers the point in which it's true.

You want something, you pay a premium in which to obtain it. Regardless of the level of inconvenience.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Bathgate »

Speaking of being mistreated, I know it doesn't bother many or most people, but the cold temperature in the CEC is a real turnoff to me. It's about 60 degrees with a wind chill (a constant downdraft). I can wear a winter coat and my hands still get uncomfortably icy. This may cause me to give up my season tix sooner than otherwise. It wouldn't be so bothersome if the result of the cold were good ice, but the ice still bad. I think there are many other fans who hate how cold it is in there too. The Pens are stupid to keep it that extremely cold.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Post by Tim Thomasen »

King Kessel wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

Wow, you missed the point entirely and negated your own argument in the process. lol

Um yeah, people throw around their hard earned money for entertainment, that doesn't mean they aren't sheep and can't be easily manipulated. In fact it furthers the point in which it's true.

You want something, you pay a premium in which to obtain it. Regardless of the level of inconvenience.

Wow, I actually didn't miss the point. Your the one who's searching for something to complain about when nothing is there.

People aren't sheep because they want to spend their money on sporting events. People wants to be entertained or see a product that they believe it worth paying for so if they can afford it, they will do it because they want to see said product in person.
Last edited by Tim Thomasen on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
EU1987

Post by EU1987 »

I don't get why they can't open the door earlier which gets lines moving faster than the metal detectors.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Bathgate wrote:Speaking of being mistreated, I know it doesn't bother many or most people, but the cold temperature in the CEC is a real turnoff to me. It's about 60 degrees with a wind chill (a constant downdraft). I can wear a winter coat and my hands still get uncomfortably icy. This may cause me to give up my season tix sooner than otherwise. It wouldn't be so bothersome if the result of the cold were good ice, but the ice still bad. I think there are many other fans who hate how cold it is in there too. The Pens are stupid to keep it that extremely cold.
If the product on the ice wasn't so bland I honestly don't think that sort of thing would matter much. However, when you add it onto a stale on ice product, it does start to become an issue for some fans. So I don't blame you one bit. I have five friends (full season ticket holders) who gave up their support of the team after 2013. As I said, it's not what it once was, but the on ice product is the biggest reason for some to abandon ship. The only times I go I go for free. I'm not paying money for this current on ice product and the other inconveniences that come along with going (previously mentioned in this thread), not a chance. 8-)
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Tim Thomasen »

King Kessel wrote:
Bathgate wrote:Speaking of being mistreated, I know it doesn't bother many or most people, but the cold temperature in the CEC is a real turnoff to me. It's about 60 degrees with a wind chill (a constant downdraft). I can wear a winter coat and my hands still get uncomfortably icy. This may cause me to give up my season tix sooner than otherwise. It wouldn't be so bothersome if the result of the cold were good ice, but the ice still bad. I think there are many other fans who hate how cold it is in there too. The Pens are stupid to keep it that extremely cold.
If the product on the ice wasn't so bland I honestly don't think that sort of thing would matter much. However, when you add it onto a stale on ice product, it does start to become an issue for some fans. So I don't blame you one bit. I have five friends (full season ticket holders) who gave up their support of the team after 2013. As I said, it's not what it once was, but the on ice product is the biggest reason for some to abandon ship. The only times I go I go for free. I'm not paying money for this current on ice product and the other inconveniences that come along with going (previously mentioned in this thread), not a chance. 8-)
I completely forgot, that makes you an expert on all things ticket related.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Tim Thomasen »

It's a hockey game, it's supposed to be cold. Don't care for it, bring a long sleeved shirt or a sweater. I mean my goodness.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Tim Thomasen wrote:
King Kessel wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:

Wow, I actually didn't miss the point. Your the one who's searching for something to complain about when nothing is there.

People aren't sheep because they want to spend their money on sporting events. People wants to be entertained or see a product that they believe it worth paying for so if they can afford it, they will do it because they want to see said product in person.
Yeah, you kind of did. And it's rather comical you don't see it.
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

Tim Thomasen wrote:
King Kessel wrote:

I completely forgot, that makes you an expert on all things ticket related.
It makes me smart enough to realize that I don't have to waste much time or money on a stale, predictable and uninspired on ice product. That I can tell you.
djlm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by djlm »

I like how people beat the team down, suggest they don't care for the team anymore, yada yada yada, however, the minute the Pens trade for a good player they are the first to register a username with said player name. :pop:
King Kessel
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by King Kessel »

djlm wrote:I like how people beat the team down, suggest they don't care for the team anymore, yada yada yada, however, the minute the Pens trade for a good player they are the first to register a username with said player name. :pop:
I can't speak for others but I do care for the team and follow them religiously. I just won't outlay any money in doing so. :thumb:
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Its a small price to pay for our safety.