Expansion, relocation and realignment.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Expansion, relocation and realignment.

Post by no name »

Las Vegas and Quebec are going into phase 3 of expansion which I believe is informing the NHL of investors and how the team will get local support. my first thought is no to Las Vegas (non-traditional hockey markets scare me, and bring Yes back the Nordiques.)

The Panthers and Coyotes are always being talked about moving. No one wants to move but the local support in those places make me believe its going to happen for one of them.

If any of the above 2 happen realignment will have to be looked into and how will that effect the Penguins, who knows. 8 divisons of 4 teams, 4 conferences or 2 conferences each with 2 divisions?? The first thing I heard was making Quebec play in the Western conference?? A lot of ways this can all play out.

Discuss.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Re: Expansion, relocation and realignment.

Post by Malkintent »

Bring back the Whalers.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Quebec yes. Las Vegas...curious to see how it goes but I think that they can pull it off. Then the 'Yotes relocate to Seattle and keep the West Division teams at 8 and move Florida or Carolina to Houston. Central division gains 1 team to make 8.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Quebec yes. Las Vegas...curious to see how it goes but I think that they can pull it off. Then the 'Yotes relocate to Seattle and keep the West Division teams at 8 and move Florida or Carolina to Houston. Central division gains 1 team to make 8.
Quebec<<<<<Washington<<<<<Chicago<<<<<Los Anglas
Boston<<<<<Pittsburgh<<<<<<Nashville<<<<<Anaheim
Buffalo<<<<<New York I<<<<<Dallas<<<<<<<Vancouver
Ottawa<<<<<New York R<<<<<Colorado<<<<<Edmonton
Toronto<<<<<New Jersey<<<<Minnesota<<<<Calgary
Detroit<<<<<Carolina<<<<<<<St. Louis<<<<<Las Vegas
Colombus<<<Philadelphia<<<<<Toronto 2<<<<<Phoenix
Montreal<<<<Tampa Bay<<<<<Winnipeg<<<<<San Jose

I kinda see things shaking down like this.
Florida moves to Toronto, this Toronto team will play in the West to even the unbalance.
Since FLA is gone we will trade Colombus in the atlantic div. and we will take on Tampa Bay.
If Phoenix does fail they can move to Seattle without wreaking the even confrences.
Vegas will of course join the pacific

Of course right now if FLA stays, Quebec will be asked to play in the Central div.

InterConfrence teams you play 7 times for 35 games, out of conference a home and away series for 48 games. a 83 game season. To make all teams play 41 home and 41 away games/ One interconf. game is played at a netural location.