Baltimore Riots

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Baltimore Riots

Post by lemieuxReturns »

What a mess. Not sure if anyone else is each info this on tv but it is a disaster.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Baltimore Riots

Post by dagny »

It's horrible.

Crazy to watch all the looting, with no police to stop it, in broad daylight. The CVS on fire, was full of people right before it went up. The response time, due to the danger to the first responders was insane. Then, the *Hartnell*bag cutting the fire hose. What are peoples' malfunctions?!?

What if there were still people in the cvs while it burned? Even one person that may have been trampled or even knocked out in the tussle of all the people in there.

It's a mess over there. I just can't conceive of how any person justifies, to themselves, having the right or even the desire to commit the criminal acts that are happening in the name of "justice" :roll: .
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

dagny wrote:It's horrible.

Crazy to watch all the looting, with no police to stop it, in broad daylight. The CVS on fire, was full of people right before it went up. The response time, due to the danger to the first responders was insane. Then, the *Hartnell*bag cutting the fire hose. What are peoples' malfunctions?!?

What if there were still people in the cvs while it burned? Even one person that may have been trampled or even knocked out in the tussle of all the people in there.

It's a mess over there. I just can't conceive of how any person justifies, to themselves, having the right or even the desire to commit the criminal acts that are happening in the name of "justice" :roll: .
Yea. What is worse is how it will effect this area for years afterwards. My daughter is supposed to go there next week on a field trip. Canceled. All the money lost from visitors. Orioles games, forget it. It was already an iffy area to begin with at times. With this, no one is going down there. These very few thugs have ruined the livelihood of so many.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

It's McNulty's fault.....
enenvee
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by enenvee »

DropEmJayBird wrote:It's McNulty's fault.....
More like Carcetti's.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Did you see the guy using a knife and cutting the fire hoses that the fire department were using? NO DOUBT that the planet would be better off without that person on it. It would be a darn shame if he tripped and stabbed himself in the throat with that blade.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Jim wrote:Did you see the guy using a knife and cutting the fire hoses that the fire department were using? NO DOUBT that the planet would be better off without that person on it. It would be a darn shame if he tripped and stabbed himself in the throat with that blade.
It was more than one guy, but yea, i saw it. Pretty incredible. Those thugs simply don't care about anything. Why target a CVS pharmacy? Now what happens to the 75 year old lady who walks to the pharmacy for her medication? Even if CVS decides to rebuild there, it will not be for a while before it opens again.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

That boy getting an a $$ whooping from his momma on tv= pure entertainment nirvana.
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by America »

Not far from where I go to school (University of Maryland). Very sad to see a pretty decent city torn to pieces by these idiot race baiters.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Orioles will play the White Sox today with NO fans in attendance AND will play their "home games" this weekend in Tampa all because 1) the riots and 2) the Orioles and Nationals owners can't get over themselves to play the games in Nationals Park 40 minutes down the road.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shoeshine boy wrote: the Orioles and Nationals owners can't get over themselves to play the games in Nationals Park 40 minutes down the road.
My boyfriend said this. He said the only reason he can figure why they don't just do that, is because it makes too much sense. :lol:

Any legit reasons why?

EDIT TO ADD: Oh, wow! That IS legit! Just heard the Yankees broadcasters say they made some calls, to find out why they don't just play in DC, and it came down to just too much bad blood between Orioles and Nats ownership. :shock: :lol: