Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Post by DelPen »

Skatingpen wrote:
penny lane wrote:strangely happy to see the isles winning!

Yep, caps have gotten better as the game has gone on. This could be a long series
I think the Isles have a better chance to sweep than anyone else. Holtby isn't that good and Trotz can't coach in playoffs.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

Skatingpen wrote:PK with a cheap wicked slash on Stone. Just crap hockey. Game misconduct
while I do think it was a cheap slash I also thought it was a MAJOR acting job from Stone. I'm waiting for some Habs fan to make it into one of those lightsaber gifs.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

shoeshine boy wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:PK with a cheap wicked slash on Stone. Just crap hockey. Game misconduct
while I do think it was a cheap slash I also thought it was a MAJOR acting job from Stone. I'm waiting for some Habs fan to make it into one of those lightsaber gifs.
I didn't think it was acting. If you can catch someone in the forearm with a 2 handed slash, it's going to hurt..... A lot

I'm sick of the league turning a blind eye to this crap. As far as I'm concerned he should be gone for at least 3 games if not the series. It's letting players get away with garbage like this that keeps them a 2nd rate league.
eskimo21r

Post by eskimo21r »

Talking about turning a blind eye. What about Keith pretty much pulling down Beck in OT on an almost break away and no call being made. I don't care if it is OT or not and you don't want it to end on a PP, but come on, that was an easy call to make. Then of course Keith scores later in OT to end it.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Stone has a micro fracture in wrist; continuing to play a question~ pk subban skips away . he's reckless with purpose.
Way back in 2010 he started the injuries for Jordan's foot.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

penny lane wrote:Stone has a micro fracture in wrist; continuing to play a question~ pk subban skips away . he's reckless with purpose.
If the Sens are losing in an elilmination game where they won't come back then Subban is going to get jumped as he should be.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

I am sure PK is as sorry as Doan was when he clocked a vulnerable Letang.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Subban was already suspended for a playoff game practically for what amounted to nothing more than a minor in my eyes...what more punishment does he need...?
jpvs2k6
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jpvs2k6 »

DelPen wrote:
penny lane wrote:Stone has a micro fracture in wrist; continuing to play a question~ pk subban skips away . he's reckless with purpose.
If the Sens are losing in an elilmination game where they won't come back then Subban is going to get jumped as he should be.
I wouldn't even wait for revenge. I dress Chris Neil and tell him to end Carey Price's season in Game 2.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:Subban was already suspended for a playoff game practically for what amounted to nothing more than a minor in my eyes...what more punishment does he need...?
I would hope a player gets more than just the bare minimum for a two-handed "baseball swing" breaking someone's wrist.
Rule 61 - Slashing

61.3 Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who slashes an opponent. When injury occurs, a major penalty must be assessed under this rule (see 61.5).

61.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - Whenever a major penalty is assessed for slashing, a game misconduct penalty must also be imposed.
Since Stone was injured, the referees were left with only two choices: no penalty at all, or a 5 minute major + game misconduct
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Apparently Subban made threats against Stone a couple weeks ago, and the supervisory officials were alerted of this prior to the start of the series.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

tfrizz wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Subban was already suspended for a playoff game practically for what amounted to nothing more than a minor in my eyes...what more punishment does he need...?
I would hope a player gets more than just the bare minimum for a two-handed "baseball swing" breaking someone's wrist.
Rule 61 - Slashing

61.3 Major Penalty - A major penalty, at the discretion of the Referee based on the severity of the contact, shall be imposed on a player who slashes an opponent. When injury occurs, a major penalty must be assessed under this rule (see 61.5).

61.5 Game Misconduct Penalty - Whenever a major penalty is assessed for slashing, a game misconduct penalty must also be imposed.
Since Stone was injured, the referees were left with only two choices: no penalty at all, or a 5 minute major + game misconduct
Yeah, I can see a case for it...but I'm still unlikely to call a major there with a team already shorthanded. That slash happens a bunch of times in a game and no one is rolling around in pain...he caught him in a bad spot, and that's unfortunate...but I don't think I'd ring Subban up for that...now, if I was given some info beforehand that Subban and Stone have something serious going on, then that would change my opinion a bit...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Rule 61 - Slashing

Yeah, I can see a case for it...but I'm still unlikely to call a major there with a team already shorthanded. That slash happens a bunch of times in a game and no one is rolling around in pain...he caught him in a bad spot, and that's unfortunate...but I don't think I'd ring Subban up for that...now, if I was given some info beforehand that Subban and Stone have something serious going on, then that would change my opinion a bit...
Could you imagine the backlash if there wasn't even a penalty called now that the Sens have released info regarding Stone's injury - microfractures in his wrist and ligament damage? I understand it's the playoffs, but that's not a free pass to take a two-handed swing at a guy 60ft from the puck.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

tfrizz wrote:
Rule 61 - Slashing

I didn't realize that the refs could diagnose Stone's injury that quickly.......as more than a few hockey writers have pointed out, that rule is ridiculous. it encourages players to roll around like they've been shot. did that slash hurt? I'm quite sure it did. do I believe Ottawa when they release info on the injury? not yet. it's too self-serving on an off-day.
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by scals37 »

mikey287 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Rule 61 - Slashing

It's this kind of mentality that is expanding the imaginary grey area in officials' interpretation of the rule book. This kind of crap in this league needs to stop, players are taking WAY too many liberties and killing the game.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Watching the big guys come through for the Ducks

:?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

The caps have to play their rookie goalie. Holtby is ill! I want to see how DC responds.
Philipp Grabauer??? :-!
Last edited by penny lane on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

If they played the pens it would be a shut out
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Watching the islanders fourth line go down and score a goal to lead things off is a thing of beauty.
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by letsgoalpens »

Anybody else sickened that Shawn Thornton is doing the intermission reports on NBCSN? What a stupid, stupid league. Can't wait until he gets to lecture us on the code. I am guessing Zach Rinaldo was not available...
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Nik backstrom has a 3 point night so far and won 13 of 19 face offs with 4 minutes left in the third.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Josi with a beautiful go-ahead goal with three seconds left in the first. How does Chicago respond, by gooning it up at the face-off. What a turd of a team.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Sigwolf wrote:Josi with a beautiful go-ahead goal with three seconds left in the first. How does Chicago respond, by gooning it up at the face-off. What a turd of a team.
Chicago gets the equalizer with six men on the ice - no call. Neal gets his stick slashed into pieces a minute or two later - no call.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

scals37 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Rule 61 - Slashing

It's this kind of mentality that is expanding the imaginary grey area in officials' interpretation of the rule book. This kind of crap in this league needs to stop, players are taking WAY too many liberties and killing the game.
Guys like Subban, Ovechkin, and Doane don't have enough respect for other players. The reckless play need to be eliminated.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Craig Custance
@CraigCustance

A few boos here when Robert Bortuzzo announced as a scratch for Blues. Lots of boos when Chris Stewart named as a starter for Wild.