The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:
Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Some really graphic deaths this week.
Spoiler:
Yeah, Noah was a bit much. I was trying to eat while watching that. :?
spoiler not needed. it's TV talk.

speaking of spoilers...a request for the comic folks - 4 gravestones were shown in the preview.

1)noah
2)aidan
3)??
4)??

tara? the wife beater? aidan's buddy? father gabriel?

who is it?
I hate having a mound of dirt for no body but the first two seem clear. third might be Tara, she might not survive her wound. If not here two other candidates:
Spoiler:
Rick and Pete go at it a 2nd time about him abusing his famnily, and in the scuffle, Regina, the wife of Douglas Monroe, who is the leader, is killed by Pete and then Rick shoots Pete. I can see Deanna's husband, who is named Reg (?), being killed instead. To Pete and Reg could be the other two.

So in the hour epsiode they would need to have the fall out from returning home without Aiden and Noah, Rick arresting Pete and then him going crazy at the end intertwined with Darryl and Aaron.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

"OMG, WE'RE DOOMED! WE'RE NEVER GOING TO GET OUT OF THIS ALIVE! WAH!"

"YEAH, WE'RE DOOMED! WAIT! I HAVE AN IDEA! THE REVOLVING DOOR!"

"BRILLIANT!"
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Some brutal moments in that ep. Downright brutal.

We were trying to figure out what Aidan had admitted to before he died. It was as if a deathbed confession of some sort but for what wasn't quite clear. It was almost as if he was implying that they had done things in taking over Alexandria but it wasn't clear.

(And growing up here, their Alexandria bears no resemblance to the actual one...)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

They might have left Georgia, but the production hasn't. :)
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Aiden was asking his buddy not to leave him but his buddy (Steve?) said he has to that's what they do. Alluding to a previous supply run where aiden and his buddy left two others to die? I think lol.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

columbia wrote:They might have left Georgia, but the production hasn't. :)
Yeah, I realized that. Alexandria in general though - many of the nicer neighborhoods on the outskirts of the city were built on reclaimed marsh and swampland. And WAYYYYY more developed. And FWIW, the original survey of Alexandria is said to have been made by George Washington. Though as far as the post office is concerned, Alexandria spreads the whole way down from the city itself all the way adjacent to Fort Belvoir, and west all the way almost to Springfield. Not much in high ground but there are some small hills, so thinking of the wide area that is called Alexandria by the post office can give some more free license to the production team.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

At some point in the show - can our heroes stop being surprised by the 400 walkers that were literally feet away. Every week there are scenes where either one or in some cases lots of walkers somehow go undetected. I get it - it's a show... but there has to be a better way to deal with that.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

DropEmJayBird wrote:At some point in the show - can our heroes stop being surprised by the 400 walkers that were literally feet away. Every week there are scenes where either one or in some cases lots of walkers somehow go undetected. I get it - it's a show... but there has to be a better way to deal with that.
Yeah, this annoys me too. I like how the walkers gasp and groan and growl loudly when they're attacking the heroes but a large pack of them can still stealthily sneak up without making a sound. :lol:
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

ville5 wrote:Aiden was asking his buddy not to leave him but his buddy (Steve?) said he has to that's what they do. Alluding to a previous supply run where aiden and his buddy left two others to die? I think lol.
I think this is true. It seems to be their "practice" to not try to rescue their own when one becomes overwhelmed. I thought this was illustrated when Abraham's group was ambushed while loading the construction supplies and no one from the Alexandria group lifted a finger to rescue Francine.

I also think this is why Nick ran made no attempt to help Noah and Glenn after he got out of the revolving door.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Finally caught up. These Alexandria people are soff. lots of gruesome kills of late... at least twice blood splattered on the camera.

I'm not even remotely excited about the spin-off. Maybe it will be good, but I'd kinda prefer if they focused on the main show.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

[quote="the wicked child" These Alexandria people are soff.[/quote]

They pretend to care, but I know they don't care. I really think they're tryin to be the worst survivors in the world.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

NIN
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Did anything happen after
Spoiler:
Michonne knocked out Rick?
My dvr cut off.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Hockeynut! wrote:Did anything happen after
Spoiler:
Michonne knocked out Rick?
My dvr cut off.
No
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Thanks!
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Spoiler:
Michonne you suck. I'm more annoyed that drunken surgeron wife beater husband put more of a fight up against Rick than the Governor, Shane, Gareth, and Tyrese, I can't wait till that guy gets ripped apart
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Rick was coming off like a lunatic. I know this is a new world and all, but why not tell everyone, "This guy is beating his wife so badly that the boy wants a gun to defend his mother"? That would have made him come off a lot better than ranting and raving in the middle of the street about getting things done.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Well rick is still kind of a lunatic who is struggling to keep his dark side in check. Bad fighter though - especially for a cop. A bunch of white collar civilians are pretty good at beating him up.

And hey, lady who plays Sasha...please dial back what you're doing with your face. It's making everyone very uncomfortable.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:NIN
On TV's #1 drama, no less. :lol:

That fight was a little lame...Rick would've thrashed him normally. Not sure what was going on there, other than hamfisted attempts at keeping the other guy alive for something else.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

the governer wasn't any sort of tough guy in his old life, right? but he beat the snot out of rick.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

If we end the season where I thought we would they need to cover a lot of stuff next week.

As far as next season and eventually Negan:
Spoiler:
I think the person who will end up getting killed will be Carol. I don't think anyone doesn't like her and she is definately "B" level after Rick, Darryl and Michonne. That death would hit the hardest yet of anyone.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i think it would be a mistake if carol ends up dying any time soon.

1) i don't think it would be that big of a "NOOOOOOO!!" moment for the audience since she's not exactly warm and fuzzy
2) her character development is the most pronounced out of anyone. she's important to keep around.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I read an interview from the dude who plays Abraham said that "people will be mad" after the finale.

Also...
Spoiler:
are the cut up/tortured/carved up bodies a sign of Negan coming?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I still say something's going to happen to Reedus otherwise those horse scenes were a complete and total waste of time.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FreeCandy44 wrote:I read an interview from the dude who plays Abraham said that "people will be mad" after the finale.

Also...
Spoiler:
are the cut up/tortured/carved up bodies a sign of Negan coming?
The W is kind of a new thing not from the comics.