Random discussion thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: General discussion thread

Post by Jofa Guy »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Jofa Guy wrote:Haha I was talking about the song. I commend you on taking a shot and being confident. I always work best at bars...
Lol i would not say im especially confident. I just feel indifferent towards the likely negative outcome. If youre better at bars, think about the worst thing that happens shen you approach someone there...the worst thing that happens elsewhere is likely to be less extreme and more tactful due to the lack of alcohol.
Yeah, honestly I could care less if I got rejected. Likely to never see them again. The bar point you had is also very true, I just think too much haha
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

FreeCandy44 wrote:The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd is on Comedy Central right now. What a great movie....although its no Summer Rental.
That is an excellent movie. I miss john candy so much, his movies are timeless
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

Jofa Guy wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:The Great Outdoors with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd is on Comedy Central right now. What a great movie....although its no Summer Rental.
Big bear chase me!
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

silentom wrote:
Jofa Guy wrote:
Big bear chase me!
We had a bat in our house last fall. I quoted that scene the entire time we were trying to catch it.

"Are you kissing him or calling him?" "I'm calling him! That's the sound they make!"
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

There's nothing left on that plate but gristle and fat...
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

PensFanInDC wrote:There's nothing left on that plate but gristle and fat...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

silentom wrote:
DUDE! I was going to post that picture but got called away from my desk for a minute. Well done...
silentom
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by silentom »

PensFanInDC wrote:
silentom wrote:
DUDE! I was going to post that picture but got called away from my desk for a minute. Well done...
Cheers! :fist:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

We took in a Borzoi (Russian wolfhound) today. I'd never even seen one in person. Name's Odey.
Spoiler:

That's him in his previous place. The guy who surrendered him has a pack of greyhounds/wolfhounds and uses them to hunt coyotes. Odey is only 18 months old, but, as the guy said (imagine in a redneck accent) "Well, he's a good boy but he just ain't takin' to huntin'. If I can't find a place for him I'm gonna hafta shoot him."
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I used to care for 2 Borzois when I was working for the pet sitter. Great dogs. These 2 thought they were lap dogs...

and welcome back...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

PensFanInDC wrote:I used to care for 2 Borzois when I was working for the pet sitter. Great dogs. These 2 thought they were lap dogs...
That's exactly what the guy said! "He wants to be a lap dog." So he was gonna kill Odey for that reason.
PensFanInDC wrote:and welcome back...
Thanks, but I never really left. Just lost the desire to post for a bit. Now that that dagny post is in the Announcements section I feel a little more reasonable.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

redwill was on hunger strike with me.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Im kinda sad I missed out on all the Great Outdoors. Stupid taxes....
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I've always wanted a Russian wolfhound.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Best use of a too much beer pm ever.

Random post goes here.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

redwill wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I used to care for 2 Borzois when I was working for the pet sitter. Great dogs. These 2 thought they were lap dogs...
That's exactly what the guy said! "He wants to be a lap dog." So he was gonna kill Odey for that reason.
Thanks, but I never really left. Just lost the desire to post for a bit. Now that that dagny post is in the Announcements section I feel a little more reasonable.
Odey is the name of your....? Cause it's your lap they will want to sit on... 8-)

Sweet sweet dogs. Not my preferred breed (I'm a Golden/English Bulldog/Corgi man) but they were great.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

meow wrote:I've always wanted a Russian wolfhound.
Road trip to Kansas? :wink:
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

redwill wrote:
I wish. I have a bossy Australian shepherd that doesn't take too kindly to new furry additions and a wife that has threatened to throw me out if I come home with anymore mouths to feed.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

redwill wrote:
Whatever happened to "ADOPT LOCALLY YOU MORON!!!" ?

:slug:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

PensFanInDC wrote:Odey is the name of your....? Cause it's your lap they will want to sit on... 8-)
That's the name the guy gave the dog. It was weird, 'cause he said the name and I said, "Oh, like the dog in Garfield." He stared at me for about ten seconds and said "Yeah, I guess." So he apparently got the dog with that name, knew nothing about the Garfield dog, and spelled it phonetically.
PensFanInDC wrote:Whatever happened to "ADOPT LOCALLY YOU MORON!!!" ?

:slug:
That only applies to you. Haha.

Seriously, though, my reply to meow was just a joke about how NOTHING is worth a road trip to Kansas.

"Adopt locally" is still one of my two mantras.
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

PensFanInDC wrote:
redwill wrote:

Odey is the name of your....? Cause it's your lap they will want to sit on... 8-)

Sweet sweet dogs. Not my preferred breed (I'm a Golden/English Bulldog/Corgi man) but they were great.
Switch english bulldogs with Goldens and that's the exact order of my favorite dogs.

My parents english is like 12 now, and she is still beautiful as ever with her bloodshot eyes
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

PensFanInDC wrote:
redwill wrote:

Golden/English Bullgod/Corgi??? Come on dude. Mainstream much.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Jofa Guy wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
redwill wrote:

Switch english bulldogs with Goldens and that's the exact order of my favorite dogs.

My parents english is like 12 now, and she is still beautiful as ever with her bloodshot eyes
12 year old Bully!? WOW! We've had 2. One lasted until 8 and the other to 10. 12 is impressive...
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

skullman80 wrote:Finally not going to have to put window A/C units in the house anymore. Getting a mini split system installed next month. Pretty excited.
I'd really like to do this before summer too. What brand are you going with? Wall hung or in-ceiling units? Cost?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

meow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
redwill wrote:

Golden/English Bullgod/Corgi??? Come on dude. Mainstream much.
Sorry brah. First 2 dogs I ever had were a Golden and an English Bulldog. Im bias. I love Corgi's because of a character in Dark Tower (Oy). It's also what my wife and I have decided will be our "old person" dog.