2015 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: 2015 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

All of this optimism is making me pessimistic.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Are they really considered one of the deepest organizations? As in like upper quarter? It seems like there are several teams universally considered to have better systems.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Idoit40fans wrote:Are they really considered one of the deepest organizations? As in like upper quarter? It seems like there are several teams universally considered to have better systems.
I would consider them the most balanced franchise. No glaring holes on the 25 man roster and a top 10 farm system that has both hitting and pitching prospects. Plus, no bad contracts.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

Deepest when you consider who is slated to be in the MLB along with upper level depth that can step in during injuries or poor play along wth having a top 10 minor league system

Pirates meet all of those criteria - few other teams do. Red Sox come to mind. Not sure who else.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Apparently someone in the Pittsburgh media thinks Glasnow should be in the majors right now?
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Idoit40fans wrote:Are they really considered one of the deepest organizations? As in like upper quarter? It seems like there are several teams universally considered to have better systems.
How does it compare to the Bravos?

Are you ready to return to your home team?
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

Rocco wrote:Apparently someone in the Pittsburgh media thinks Glasnow should be in the majors right now?
Was it mark madden? Is he just getting an early start complaining about the super-two-delayed-promotion stuff that awaits us?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Has Glasnow developed any secondary pitches yet? It doesn't seem like he belongs in the MLB yet.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Mr. Colby wrote:
Rocco wrote:Apparently someone in the Pittsburgh media thinks Glasnow should be in the majors right now?
Was it mark madden? Is he just getting an early start complaining about the super-two-delayed-promotion stuff that awaits us?
http://filesource.abacast.com/tribtotal/316PIR15.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is John Fedko a troll or a moron? The "Nutting only cares about making money" wagon is really spreading a thin gruel at this point if this is all they have nowadays.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Idoit40fans wrote:Has Glasnow developed any secondary pitches yet? It doesn't seem like he belongs in the MLB yet.

He still has some command issues. He could probably help the ML team out of the bullpen right now...but that would be a waste.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Rocco wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:
http://filesource.abacast.com/tribtotal/316PIR15.mp3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is John Fedko a troll or a moron? The "Nutting only cares about making money" wagon is really spreading a thin gruel at this point if this is all they have nowadays.
I couldn't take the yelling and had to turn it off.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Factorial wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:

I can't stop laughing. I started with the "I'm brave enough to say what others can't" and just can't control myself.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Isn't that the same sentiment Rossi expressed when everyone labeled his Kang story idiotic?
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Rocco wrote:
Factorial wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Mr. Colby wrote:

I can't stop laughing. I started with the "I'm brave enough to say what others can't" and just can't control myself.
My guess is he is just trying to create content (discussion) and doesn't care that he comes across as a moron.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

When did that school of thought take over in the local media. Drumming up traffic at the expense of your own credibility doesn't seem like a recipe for long term success in the media.

You get your hits the first couple of times but then eventually everyone realizes how dumb you are and stops clicking on your stuff
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

its not just local media. inspired by the dollar sign yo
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Mr. Colby wrote:When did that school of thought take over in the local media. Drumming up traffic at the expense of your own credibility doesn't seem like a recipe for long term success in the media.

You get your hits the first couple of times but then eventually everyone realizes how dumb you are and stops clicking on your stuff
That's talk radio in general and has always been around but does appear to have become worse in recent years.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:its not just local media. inspired by the dollar sign yo
Local as in not national, not local as in Pittsburgh. I guess thats why national guys make it there... they dont drum up BS and actually do good reporting for the most part
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I have a friend who's an editor for a Trib media publication. They full on encourage stupid, when they had social media meetings, Steigerwald's twitter presence was routinely held as the pinnacle, and the other writers were to emulate him.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

It shows
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Mr. Colby »

http://www.bucsdugout.com/2015/3/16/822 ... the-majors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

I see that ElRocco337 is posting there.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Once in a blue moon. I have fall back plans in case I ever move on from here and have free time.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

We all know thats not going to happen.