Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Movie

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Dr. Strangelove free on Comcast. Highly suggest watching it if you've never seen it
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Anyone see the previews for Unfriended? Looks hilariously terrible.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Finally watched The Majestic yesterday...solid, all-around movie...I can't help but think it's a compilation of a bunch of other popular movies though...like every 20 minute stretch I had seen before...probably could have tightened it up a little more...if it was the first of its kind to do this storyline it would have been better probably...
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

How to Train Your Dragon 2 is on netlix now... watched it last night. I really enjoyed the first one, so was hopeful for this one. It was decent, but nowhere close to the first. Was disappointed.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah i liked the first one. The second was very disappointing. Somewhere between robocop 2 disappointing and robocop 3 disappointing.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

count2infinity wrote:Anyone see the previews for Unfriended? Looks hilariously terrible.
I kind of want to see it so I can laugh

It looks like all the kids are skyping while they're dying
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Universal has announced a Scarface remake set in Los Angeles, written by the same guy who did Straight Outta Compton.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Instagram.com/theofficialmichaelbiehn
It's official. I will be reprising my role as 'Cpl.' (Not for long...) Dwayne Hicks. With the go-ahead, Hicks will return with Ripley in mid 2017. Perhaps Hicks and Ripley well eventually get to second base in this one...
Sadly, this was a fake account that has already been deleted. The last line is a bit of a giveaway.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

New Sandler Movie... premise seems like it could be worth the watch. Likely not though:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... AHprLW48no[/youtube]
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I'm not sure even the Dinklage factor is enough to get me to see it.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

I hope by this point everyone understands what kind of scam Happy Madison is pulling on the public, but if you aren't yet aware let me enlighten you:

Step 1) Sandler picks a cheap to produce film and decides to shoot it on-location in a place his family wants to vacation

Step 2) Happy Madison gets chain restaurants and other corporate brands on board to finance the film via extreme product placement (Dunkin Donuts, Subway, Sony Electronics, K-Mart)

Step 3) they make the movie as inexpensively as possible

Step 4) Sandler collects salaries as an actor, producer, and writer, and further pads the costs by hiring his friends in supporting roles

Step 5) a movie with actual prodcution costs of $10mm or less somehow has spent $70mm+, with all of it above the line

Step 6) Release this brand awareness campaign disguised as a feature film to theaters
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Yeah, but grandma's boy
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Ya know... people are down on him for doing this, but if you had the money to go goof off with your friends, take your family on a vacation, and make a movie and that makes you more money (again, by goofing off with your friends), would you do it? The answer for about 99% of people is yes.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

count2infinity wrote:Ya know... people are down on him for doing this, but if you had the money to go goof off with your friends, take your family on a vacation, and make a movie and that makes you more money (again, by goofing off with your friends), would you do it? The answer for about 99% of people is yes.
The other 1% are lying
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

PensFanInDC wrote:
count2infinity wrote:Ya know... people are down on him for doing this, but if you had the money to go goof off with your friends, take your family on a vacation, and make a movie and that makes you more money (again, by goofing off with your friends), would you do it? The answer for about 99% of people is yes.
The other 1% are lying
Yeah, I left the 1% in there for the "true artists" of the world that wouldn't indulge in such behavior because it devalues the very art of blah bla blah....
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

I agree. He's made some of the worst movies maybe ever, but he's also made some of the funniest. I'm thankful for him introducing to me, Peter dante and Allen covert. I'll give anything a shot if their names are attached. Has he made anything remotely good since grandma's boy in 2006?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

eddysnake wrote:I agree. He's made some of the worst movies maybe ever, but he's also made some of the funniest. I'm thankful for him introducing to me, Peter dante and Allen covert. I'll give anything a shot if their names are attached. Has he made anything remotely good since grandma's boy in 2006?
People crap on Grown Ups all the time... It's a guilty pleasure movie for me. I enjoy it. It makes me laugh. Same with I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry... those movies certainly have audiences like myself, that understand they're not crazy awesome movies, but decent enough time wasters that if they're on TV, I'll watch. Are they great? No, but they're watchable and enjoyable for me.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Salma Hayek is in Grown Ups, therefore I watch it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Dickie Dunn wrote:Salma Hayek is in Grown Ups, therefore I watch it.
You see Everly yet? Looks rad
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

eddysnake wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Salma Hayek is in Grown Ups, therefore I watch it.
You see Everly yet? Looks rad
Just watched the trailer. That looks amazing.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Sandler/Barrymore in Blended was a serviceable family film...and he got to go on safari in Africa.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Jonathan Nolan's much more straight-forward ending "had the Einstien-Rosen bridge [colloquially, a wormhole] collapse when Cooper tries to send the data back."

So no tesseract (that was Christopher's idea), no time manipulation, and no return home. Nolan didn't elaborate on this point, but we might speculate that the original end to the movie was as dark and unforgiving as space.
I loved Interstellar and liked the ending we got, but I'm 99% sure I would have liked this ending better. I'm a big Nolan fan, but like most directors I feel he could benefit from someone telling him "No" at some point.

http://io9.com/interstellars-original-e ... 1692640631
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

count2infinity wrote:
eddysnake wrote:I agree. He's made some of the worst movies maybe ever, but he's also made some of the funniest. I'm thankful for him introducing to me, Peter dante and Allen covert. I'll give anything a shot if their names are attached. Has he made anything remotely good since grandma's boy in 2006?
People crap on Grown Ups all the time... It's a guilty pleasure movie for me. I enjoy it. It makes me laugh. Same with I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry... those movies certainly have audiences like myself, that understand they're not crazy awesome movies, but decent enough time wasters that if they're on TV, I'll watch. Are they great? No, but they're watchable and enjoyable for me.
This

I love grown ups and grown ups 2. Didn't like either when I first saw them, along with that's my boy.

However I started watching them again and I love those movies, I am a huge sandler fan though. I just respect him for staying in contact with his friends he went to college with. Pretty sure covert and Dante went to nyu with him. I know covert was his roomate
Jofa Guy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Jofa Guy »

blackjack68 wrote:Sandler/Barrymore in Blended was a serviceable family film...and he got to go on safari in Africa.
I also enjoyed blended as well. They're such a good movie couple. Wedding singer is awesome, I love his song he sings "I was listening to a lot of the cure at the time" lol
jmh470
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jmh470 »

So it seems Adam Sandler is a Pens fan.

Interesting.