The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by dodint »

The Walking Dead set designers are trolling us. The only place in the whole series that doesn't have their lawns mowed is the place that has like-new homes.

*shakes fist*
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

The biggest thing that bothers me about the Alexandria set is the wall. They have huge metal beams for reinforcement from the top of the wall to the ground... on the outside? If a walker horde comes and presses against the wall, the wall just collapses inward. Why exactly would those beams not be on the inside of the wall?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Sigwolf wrote:The biggest thing that bothers me about the Alexandria set is the wall. They have huge metal beams for reinforcement from the top of the wall to the ground... on the outside? If a walker horde comes and presses against the wall, the wall just collapses inward. Why exactly would those beams not be on the inside of the wall?
i would just keep building more layers of walls. they seem to be a pretty handy bunch. why stop padding the protection?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shmenguin wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:The biggest thing that bothers me about the Alexandria set is the wall. They have huge metal beams for reinforcement from the top of the wall to the ground... on the outside? If a walker horde comes and presses against the wall, the wall just collapses inward. Why exactly would those beams not be on the inside of the wall?
i would just keep building more layers of walls. they seem to be a pretty handy bunch. why stop padding the protection?
Lack of materials?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Lack of materials?
lots of trees in those woods. knock em down and stack em up. or don't even stack them - walkers aren't exactly good at hurdling things. and they should be cutting trees down anyways, so they could get a better view of who's coming.

not that i'm criticizing the show...budget and everything. just a thought in zombie survival.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I liked the tone of the latest episode and thought they did a good job with highlighting how feral Rick's group has become.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

That is odd. I also didnt see any towers to defend against attackers scaling or just removing the support beams. Two kids seem to be able to come and go as they please, how would you stop a guy like Martinez or Merle?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I finally got to watch the latest episode. I really enjoyed it. I thought they did a great job.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Ok, that was the first time I was truly bothered by the walkers eating something.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I keep on waiting for the twist here.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Kill that boy, Carol. Kill him now!
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Rick wants some action.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Still waiting for the twist....
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Damn, Sasha. You crazy
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Hmm.....I dont really know what to say about this episode.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

They asked too much of the lady who plays Sasha. That episode was above her pay grade.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I enjoyed the episode. Interesting foreshadowing with Daryl and the horse. The horse was safe as long as it could run free. When others tried to save it and fence it in, it was killed. Wonder if the end of Daryl is near?

Also, the doctor's kid stamped Rick with an A on his hand. The walkers they found earlier this year and the one that was killed in this ep had a W carved into their foreheads. I'm sure that's not a coincidence.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

shmenguin wrote:They asked too much of the lady who plays Sasha. That episode was above her pay grade.
Yeah, that was the only part of the ep I didn't like. Poorly written character + Mediocre actress = someone who shouldn't get that much screen time.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

columbia wrote:Ok, that was the first time I was truly bothered by the walkers eating something.
Ya, that sucked hard...
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Weird. That scene was old hat to me. I instantly thought of S1 where it happened to Ricks horse when he decided to cowboy his way into downtown ATL. It felt reused. Maybe because I just watched S1 in November it's still fresh.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Sigwolf wrote:
columbia wrote:Ok, that was the first time I was truly bothered by the walkers eating something.
Ya, that sucked hard...
Yea I don't know why they gotta keep having horses getting eaten
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Carol scaring that kid lol
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Ha. Rick brought that up this episode. Said they should have patrols around the wall because people can easily scale the supports from the outside.
Stoosh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Stoosh »

Sigwolf wrote:
Ya, that sucked hard...
Worst since the season at the prison when they used the pigs for bait. That was awful.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I think they've laid it on pretty thick.

Place is poorly thought out in terms of real actual survival.
The current residents are soft and have no idea what's out there.
Rick's view of the world being repeated "People see you for what they think they can get out of you".

They are taking this place over, and while I think the congresswoman understands that the groups experience are what's needed, that experience is not going to mesh at all with her vision for the community.