TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: TV Shows

Post by Hockeynut! »

shafnutz05 wrote:I like to binge watch this show, but I'm obsessed with the inner workings of Washington.
Mind = Blown

:lol:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Do Alpha House (Amazon), next.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

MWB wrote:
count2infinity wrote:I'm cheering for the Underwoods through hell or high water. It's much like in Breaking Bad. I never stopped cheering for Walt, no matter how evil he became.
Same.

Also, I agree that this show isn't something I have to keep watching episode after episode. I'm fine watching an episode and waiting a few days for another. Nothing against the quality, it just doesn't bring the same urgency as something like BB.
We should go on a date then.... :slug:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Recorded "Last man on earth". I like will forte and have some hope for this. But it being on network tv is a problem.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:Three episodes into the new House of Cards season:
Spoiler:
Can you imagine a politician saying what Underwood said about entitlements? :drool:

In any event, he's totally going to push this AmericaWorks thing, which definitely sounds like something fiscal conservatives would love, and he will run as a Republican (against Jackie?) in 2016. Totally guessing though.
Spoiler:
am works is close to central planning, I don't think conservative anything would like it
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Downton Abbey finale was pretty good, thought last week was the high point, but this was a nice enjoyable watch. Great season.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:Recorded "Last man on earth". I like will forte and have some hope for this. But it being on network tv is a problem.
I recorded it too. I don't expect it to last long though.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

shmenguin wrote:Recorded "Last man on earth". I like will forte and have some hope for this. But it being on network tv is a problem.
I thoroughly enjoyed both episodes last night. I had no expectations, just curious as to where a series could go with uh, the last man on earth.

The only reason I watched it was because my sons - 8 and 6 - thought the commercials during American Idol ( :roll: ) were hysterical. They begged my wife and I to watch to see if it was appropriate for them (it isn't). I gave them a ridiculously detailed report on it this morning at breakfast, and they both said they couldn't wait to be in middle school, so they could watch it. :roll: :lol:

It has the potential to be the most bizarre thing on network TV, and I hope Fox lets it play out that way.

Also, I watched a few minutes of Battle Creek - the new CBS Vince Gilligan show. Dean Winters (Mayhem or O'Reilly from Oz) and Josh Duhamel stars in it. Bryan Singer directed the pilot. It looks interesting, but I'm not sure I want another hour long drama in my life. Did anyone else watch it?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I have a feeling, without knowing anything about it, that Last Man on Earth will defeat its premise early and there will be a second person on earth. I have no idea why that kind of thing bugs me so much, but it's the same issue I had with Under The Dome, when, you know, they kept introducing new characters and could come and go.

Oh, nevermind, just looked on Wiki. There are 6 people listed as cast. I'm out. :lol:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

count2infinity wrote:Do you ever look at a woman and think, "I wonder what she looks like naked..." Nothing sexual, nothing perverse, just curiosity more than anything... well in this show that curiosity gets answered for pretty much every character.
Well as soon as the show started I thought that about Laura Prepon. So I guess I should continue watching. My wife on the other hand doesn't care for raunchy :pop:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dodint wrote:I have a feeling, without knowing anything about it, that Last Man on Earth will defeat its premise early and there will be a second person on earth. I have no idea why that kind of thing bugs me so much, but it's the same issue I had with Under The Dome, when, you know, they kept introducing new characters and could come and go.

Oh, nevermind, just looked on Wiki. There are 6 people listed as cast. I'm out. :lol:
you could have flashbacks and hallucinations accounting for that, but i agree that the premise will break pretty quickly.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

For the longest time I thought Bill Hader was Will Forte and I don't know why.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

newarenanow wrote:For the longest time I thought Bill Hader was Will Forte and I don't know why.

i thought the exact same thing.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

newarenanow wrote:
I recorded it too. I don't expect it to last long though.
i liked it. i know they can't be that patient on fox, but i could have spent a whole season just watching him do weird stuff by himself
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

i enjoyed Last Man on Earth, but i also love Will Forte and Kristen Schaal to a ridiculous degree.

Also, a small part of me now wants a margarita pool. the part of me that doesn't think too hard about stuff.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

eddysnake wrote:Downton Abbey finale was pretty good, thought last week was the high point, but this was a nice enjoyable watch. Great season.
Watched the finale last night. Overall, the season was much better than the last one. But, the whole Bates, will he, won't he go to jail is completely played out. For one, he's hardly even in the story line anymore, and when he is, he just struts around like a hard-ass and is pretty unbearable. Early on it was easy to pull for him, but at best one would be indifferent to his plight, now it's like...whatever, put him jail who cares.

Branson leaving the show will be a loss, but at some point this season they just turned all of his scenes to a sappy "I love you guys" ode to the family.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

I watched Last Man on Earth. Kristen Schall's character is so completly annoying. I also realized she is the voice actor for Mabel Pines on Gravity Falls.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

viva la ben wrote:I watched Last Man on Earth. Kristen Schall's character is so completly annoying. I also realized she is the voice actor for Mabel Pines on Gravity Falls.
How was that? I wanted to check it out but forgot to record it.

I caught up on the last few days of TV tonight. The series premiere of Gangland Undercover was good. Seems like a very well put together show. Not sure how I felt about this week's Gotham. Now to get amped up for the return of Agents of SHIELD.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

I enjoyed this week's Gotham.

Lots of progression for Gordon.

Little hint of affection between Bruce and Catgirl.

Weird "frankenstein" monster in the doctor's lab.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

blackjack68 wrote:I enjoyed this week's Gotham.

Lots of progression for Gordon.

Little hint of affection between Bruce and Catgirl.

Weird "frankenstein" monster in the doctor's lab.
I just watched it last night and I thought the same. I really enjoying the show.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Finished House of Cards last night. I had it on almost all day Monday when I was working from home.
Spoiler:
Pretty solid power move from Doug to get the Chief of Staff position.
I expected this season to finish the series..but major cliffhanger.
Claire is a malcontent, but don't see how he can keep anything together if she stays gone.
Can't trust Seth anymore.
That debate was incredibly difficult to watch, Jackie was terrible, hard to believe they had her as a viable candidate.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Just started watching Supernatural. What a fantastic show so far. Flash, Arrow, Supernatural...I think I'm becoming a CW junkie...
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

general musings on HoC:
Spoiler:
Claire. Ugh. What did she honestly expect? She wants a seat at the big boy table but doesn't have the expertise or foresight to navigate the smallest of international affairs. Frank has spent decades sharpening his political tools and making smart plays to get to where he is, while Claire was doing...what exactly? Does she want to be the President so she can **** that up too? What does she ACTUALLY want to accomplish? I just don't get her motives.
Spoiler:
I like the way they humanized Frank this season, but he comes across like a different character than in the previous two. It's like he secured the Presidency, then had no plan or vision to what he wanted to accomplish when he got there. It doesn't help that on his way to the top he alienated virtually every single politician in Washington. I thought it was telling even Freddy didn't care about his bull**** anymore. Despite having all the power, this season he has none. His eventual "fall" won't drag out over a whole season (it will be swift, maybe by a bullet) and possibly be proceeded by an ascension to securing real power (reelection?).
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

DontToewsMeBro wrote:general musings on HoC:
Spoiler:
Claire. Ugh. What did she honestly expect? She wants a seat at the big boy table but doesn't have the expertise or foresight to navigate the smallest of international affairs. Frank has spent decades sharpening his political tools and making smart plays to get to where he is, while Claire was doing...what exactly? Does she want to be the President so she can **** that up too? What does she ACTUALLY want to accomplish? I just don't get her motives.
Spoiler:
I like the way they humanized Frank this season, but he comes across like a different character than in the previous two. It's like he secured the Presidency, then had no plan or vision to what he wanted to accomplish when he got there. It doesn't help that on his way to the top he alienated virtually every single politician in Washington. I thought it was telling even Freddy didn't care about his bull**** anymore. Despite having all the power, this season he has none. His eventual "fall" won't drag out over a whole season (it will be swift, maybe by a bullet) and possibly be proceeded by an ascension to securing real power (reelection?).

Spoiler:
I think he'll be ruined in season four. Claire has shown her true colors I think, and if she gets into a real struggle with Frank, I think she'd trigger mutual destruction. I don't think she'd be able to get to Doug or the hacker guy who's in the know. But she could alert the right people and then send them out to uncover the murders through the FBI.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Saw part of the 2nd ep of Last Man on Earth last night. It was airing on Fox Sports 1 of all places. I think it was ok enough to go back and watch the pilot on Hulu but haven't done it yet.

New Girl: A very strange episode, mostly disconnected from itself.

Backstrom: A largely forgettable episode. I wasn't really paying enough attention.