The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Malkamaniac »

Right, I feel like the brought him in to do his hammer scene and then that was it. He had no value outside of him escaping that car and hitting dozens of zombies.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Not to get too comic spoilerly but Most of Tyrese for the show was shown in T-Dog and Darryl, especially Darryl who has been Rick's right hand man on TV, who aren't in the comics. So there really wasn't much left for him to do. But the group has again lost their voice of reason after Dale and Herschel, and I don't see anyone but maybe Gabriel providing some but of course the preacher comes off as preachy and no one likes or respects him. If Rick goes off the deep end again there is no one to bring him or the group back.

I hope there's more about the dismembered walkers, did all of them have an "XX" on the forehead or were those roman numerals counting?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Malkamaniac wrote:Right, I feel like the brought him in to do his hammer scene and then that was it. He had no value outside of him escaping that car and hitting dozens of zombies.
i loved that scene, and wanted more. they could have cultivated him as the secret bad a** that would reluctantly obliterate any amount of zombies and/or people. like, he didn't WANT to kill, but he was a damned superhero about it. would have been fun.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

DelPen wrote:Not to get too comic spoilerly but Most of Tyrese for the show was shown in T-Dog and Darryl, especially Darryl who has been Rick's right hand man on TV, who aren't in the comics. So there really wasn't much left for him to do. But the group has again lost their voice of reason after Dale and Herschel, and I don't see anyone but maybe Gabriel providing some but of course the preacher comes off as preachy and no one likes or respects him. If Rick goes off the deep end again there is no one to bring him or the group back.

I hope there's more about the dismembered walkers, did all of them have an "XX" on the forehead or were those roman numerals counting?
I think last night Glenn kind of showed the reality of this - knowing that everything comes to an end, regardless of which route is taken.
Spoiler:
I think he's the level head of the group until Negan removes his face with a bat.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Malkamaniac wrote:
DelPen wrote:Not to get too comic spoilerly but Most of Tyrese for the show was shown in T-Dog and Darryl, especially Darryl who has been Rick's right hand man on TV, who aren't in the comics. So there really wasn't much left for him to do. But the group has again lost their voice of reason after Dale and Herschel, and I don't see anyone but maybe Gabriel providing some but of course the preacher comes off as preachy and no one likes or respects him. If Rick goes off the deep end again there is no one to bring him or the group back.

I think last night Glenn kind of showed the reality of this - knowing that everything comes to an end, regardless of which route is taken.
Spoiler:
I think he's the level head of the group until Negan removes his face with a bat.
Spoiler:
ooooh, brother...that scene is gonna be hard to watch. that's a lot of violence to be inflicted on a main character. dale had a pretty grizzly end, but it was cartoonish. and bob got his off screen. there's not much of a way to hide beating someone to death with a baseball bat.

...unless last night was just a red herring and glen will be fine.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
ooooh, brother...that scene is gonna be hard to watch. that's a lot of violence to be inflicted on a main character. dale had a pretty grizzly end, but it was cartoonish. and bob got his off screen. there's not much of a way to hide beating someone to death with a baseball bat.

...unless last night was just a red herring and glen will be fine.
Spoiler:
If they really want to do Negan right, they will show Glenn's death the way it was portrayed, imo. If they want to make Negan like the governor, they'll tickle Glenn to death. I consider Negan to be 100% worse than the governor.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Glenn did get himself a new bat in the episode...
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Is the bloom off of TWC now? Or did yinz all watch SNL last night?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I watched it. Pretty much a filler episode. I had to lol at the fact that a tornado that can snap large trees at their bases wouldn't have leveled that rickety, old barn. A friend of mine theorized that this episode was about hope/signs from God that things will get better. They're dehydrated = it rains. They're starving = eat a pack of wild dogs. The tornado spares them and kills the walkers. Etc. Don't know if he's on to anything or not but I thought it was interesting.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Spoiler:
who was the guy at the very end?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

FreeCandy44 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Aaron, recruiter for the community in Alexandria.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

DelPen wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Is he really a friend?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

columbia wrote:
DelPen wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Is he really a friend?
Spoiler:
Yes, but I'm sure they will do everythign they can in the next 3 weeks to make it look like he's not.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

lol at "filler" episode.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I was hoping that would be Negan
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i don't mind when this show takes its time with something...as long as it's worthwhile. this seemed worthwhile. i kind of liked it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

shmenguin wrote:i don't mind when this show takes its time with something...as long as it's worthwhile. this seemed worthwhile. i kind of liked it.
There is a point to this but...
Spoiler:
it's kind of boring. They eventually make it to Alexandria and it's pretty much how Michonne and Andrea acted in Woodbury except the people there are not psycopaths. And Morgan meets up with them so Lenny James should be frequent later this season and early next.

Not sure how far they will get, there's a cool herd attack where some very interesting things happen during the fight.

and people, Negan is still like 25 issues away, he won't be appearing until maybe midseason of S6 or as a cliffhanger which would be fantastic.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:lol at "filler" episode.
I said that because there was no plot development and no character development. That doesn't mean it was a bad episode, but you could completely remove it from the series save for the very last scene, and nothing would change.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

haha I thought it was funny because the episode dealt with a lack of food...
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:haha I thought it was funny because the episode dealt with a lack of food...
:thumb:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
shmenguin wrote:i don't mind when this show takes its time with something...as long as it's worthwhile. this seemed worthwhile. i kind of liked it.
Spoiler:
it's kind of boring. They eventually make it to Alexandria and it's pretty much how Michonne and Andrea acted in Woodbury except the people there are not psycopaths. And Morgan meets up with them so Lenny James should be frequent later this season and early next.

Not sure how far they will get, there's a cool herd attack where some very interesting things happen during the fight.

and people, Negan is still like 25 issues away, he won't be appearing until maybe midseason of S6 or as a cliffhanger which would be fantastic.
Spoiler:
The show has a way of mashing up components of the comic, so I'm hoping thats how they approach Alexandria, by adding some Hilltop. That should expedite some of the Negan storyline, which I had read would be a main theme of season six...

That herd though... its been a while since the herd that hit the Farm. The scene with the walkers approaching after Carl killed Shane was intense. This season could use a little intense.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

DelPen wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
so alexandria is just a normal place with normal people? is it just the group walking around thinking something smells funny, but everything is pretty legit?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

SolidSnake wrote:I was hoping that would be Negan
Another crucial step to his introduction.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Malkamaniac wrote:
He is suspose to make the Governor look like a wuss isn't he?
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

SolidSnake wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
He is suspose to make the Governor look like a wuss isn't he?
Oh yeah. It's pretty insane.