Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Easy microwave popcorn..

1/4 cup kernals
1 small brown paper sandwich bag

Drop kernals in bag and fold over the top and microwave for 60 seconds. Pops without any of the crap the bags throw in. Thanks Dr Oz!
Did Dr Oz mention how much and what kind of butter to add to make it movie theater style? :pop:
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Its plain and yummy. ;)
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

count2infinity wrote:When people get all up in my business as I'm trying to put my cash/card back in my wallet at the register. If there's room, i'll move my stuff to the side so you can check out 10 seconds sooner, if not... back up off me.
there's an allowance of time for you to do that, but it's not long. women packing up their purses like they're performing heart surgery is an issue, though. gotta keep it moving.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

1/4 cup kernals

Drop kernals in bag and fold over the top and microwave for 60 seconds. Pops without any of the crap the bags throw in. Thanks Dr Oz!
This seems obvious....and something that I need to try.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

How powerful would your microwave have to be to pop a quarter cup of popcorn in 60 seconds?!
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Im sure you can adjust times, but for a low fat snack this is great.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

Here's another Facebook low fat recipe

Skim milk
Ice cubes
vanilla extract
blend together for a low fat FROSTY
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I realize that Taco bell isn't exactly fine dining, but it would be great if they could manage to distribute the fillings in an even remotely even manner. It sucks when all of the sour cream is at one end and all of the cheese is at the other, yet this is how they deliver 99% of their food.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

columbia wrote:

1/4 cup kernals

This seems obvious....and something that I need to try.
It's an Alton Brown thing. He actually staples (!) the bag shut to trap in the steam better.

My experience has been that it takes at least 2 minutes before you even get a single pop.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Friends that come for a few hour visit and stay for 2 days. (lol)
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

the wicked child wrote:I realize that Taco bell isn't exactly fine dining, but it would be great if they could manage to distribute the fillings in an even remotely even manner. It sucks when all of the sour cream is at one end and all of the cheese is at the other, yet this is how they deliver 99% of their food.
Pssssst

As a former teenage employee of a fast food establishment, I assure you they just don't give a crap.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Cars that have back up lights that turn on while the person is getting into the car/while the car isn't actually in reverse. Throws me off everytime. I see the backup lights on and slow down thinking "okay, that guy is backing out." and as I drive by the car starts and or they're just sitting there buckling up and whatnot.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

PghSkins wrote:
the wicked child wrote:I realize that Taco bell isn't exactly fine dining, but it would be great if they could manage to distribute the fillings in an even remotely even manner. It sucks when all of the sour cream is at one end and all of the cheese is at the other, yet this is how they deliver 99% of their food.
Pssssst

As a former teenage employee of a fast food establishment, I assure you they just don't give a crap.
I get everything from taco bell without sour cream because A) I don't like it and B) its loaded up all in one spot like twc mentioned. I appreciate the indifference towards the job though and agree with them for not giving a crap.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

count2infinity wrote:Cars that have back up lights that turn on while the person is getting into the car/while the car isn't actually in reverse. Throws me off everytime. I see the backup lights on and slow down thinking "okay, that guy is backing out." and as I drive by the car starts and or they're just sitting there buckling up and whatnot.
Safety First!
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

count2infinity wrote:Cars that have back up lights that turn on while the person is getting into the car/while the car isn't actually in reverse. Throws me off everytime. I see the backup lights on and slow down thinking "okay, that guy is backing out." and as I drive by the car starts and or they're just sitting there buckling up and whatnot.
I. HATE. THAT.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

tifosi77 wrote:
I. HATE. THAT.
Thirded, ooooh this is a good one. I've found that the reverse lights will turn on when someone remotely unlocks their door in a parking lot. Like seriously, how **** stupid is that?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I had no idea... one of the first times I noticed the reverse lights being on while the car not actually being in reverse I was kind of freaked out because I didn't see anyone in the car. Makes sense now.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

1 part filling, 10 parts lettuce.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Weren't they sued because there wasn't enough actual beef in their tacos to be marketed and sold as such?
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

shafnutz05 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:
I. HATE. THAT.
Thirded, ooooh this is a good one. I've found that the reverse lights will turn on when someone remotely unlocks their door in a parking lot. Like seriously, how **** stupid is that?
I'm not familiar with that, but for some of the other situations I think you people are peeved at cars with manual transmissions. For example, the recommended parking gear for my car is reverse, so if I'm sitting there with the key in the "on" position, those lights are going to be on. My backup lights also typically come on the instant I start my car, because there's no need for me to move the shifter out of reverse before I start the car; I only have to push in the clutch.
44windmill
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by 44windmill »

Shyster wrote: I'm not familiar with that, but for some of the other situations I think you people are peeved at cars with manual transmissions. For example, the recommended parking gear for my car is reverse, so if I'm sitting there with the key in the "on" position, those lights are going to be on. My backup lights also typically come on the instant I start my car, because there's no need for me to move the shifter out of reverse before I start the car; I only have to push in the clutch.
Reminds me of when I first bought the car I now drive. Manual transmission. I used to sit at red lights and move the gear stick left to right just to get a feel of the location of the different gears. Didn't realize I was flashing my reverse lights at the car behind me. :oops:
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

You know what I hate? When your boss gets fired for doing her job properly. That really sucks.

Best boss I ever worked for. She just recruited me into this company in September, too, from previous experience working together.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I lost the bid on photographing a big sports league because another photographer decided to give a hefty kickback. Annoying because his work is really, really mediocre but money talks. Sucky day. :(
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Dear NBA, obscure WNBA players are not "celebrities". Don't put them in the celebrity game

I don't even know why I'm watching...
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Hockeynut! wrote:I lost the bid on photographing a big sports league because another photographer decided to give a hefty kickback. Annoying because his work is really, really mediocre but money talks. Sucky day. :(
:( I would hire you, your photos rock.