Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by PensFanInDC »

Self Evaluations
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:Self Evaluations
Do you feel bad about writing that poop thing?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I feel bad for leaving it out.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

FISH OIL. Due to the B12 thing, I have to take Omega-3 to help regenerate nerves going from my brain to the rest of the body. I'm glad I found a strong dose of just Omega-3 without the Fish Oil extract because I can't, just can't, accept fish oil. The smell and the taste. I wanted to throw up when I took it just once. The smell alone makes me gag. I think Satan made it.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:I feel bad for leaving it out.
It's just poop, man. Poop is funny. I think we should all make a thread here and take pics of what comes out of us and discuss. How fun would that be!?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

People who neglect/abuse animals. A friend of mine got a little puppy from a neighbor and the thing was so full of fleas, water was red from blood when she bathed her (several baths over a week). I think the puppy was only a couple weeks old, but my friend didn't want to give it back fearing she would die (my friend was only going to hold the dog for a weekend to bond before taking her fully a few weeks later). The puppy looked lifeless, probably from all the fleas constantly biting it. The woman had two more puppies form the litter and they died a week later. She also has a pit bull she keeps on a chain outside 24/7, no blanket during winter or anything. My friend called the animal abuse people before, but they don't seem to care. The little puppy is all healthy now, running around and acting silly.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

that's not irrational at all
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:that's not irrational at all
I think this thread is for overall ranting about things, most of my things being rational... to me, at least.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

People who don't understand how to use LinkedIn. It seems to be broken down like this:

- People who made a profile and then never keep it updated
- People who made a profile, don't update information, but still do activity (accept connections, like posts, etc) I know a co-worker's profile that says they are one title but actually that was their title from seven years ago and they have had three different titles since then
- People who have an updated profile and are active but have goofy profiles. Like one co-worker put their current title in the "headline" part and then in the section listing their experience they have old information so at first glance it looks like the person hasn't worked in six years.

I know some people don't much stock in LinkedIn or care that much, but I try to keep mine updated. I guess I am just anal.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

LinkedIn is a fabulous networking tool. I'm pretty happy at my current job, but I get pinged by recruiters probably 3-4 times a month on average.

What I don't like are people who use LinkedIn like regular social media.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I get contacted a lot on there too. Its annoying mostly, but sometimes i get something useful.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I'm not a fan of randos sending me linkedin invitations... if I don't know you, at least tell me who you are or why you're connecting with me rather that the stock linkedin message that gets sent.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

people leaving time on the microwave when they finish. I'm not talking minutes, the people that leave seconds on it. Really you couldn't wait 3 more seconds you dbag...
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Sarcastic wrote:
It's just poop, man. Poop is funny. I think we should all make a thread here and take pics of what comes out of us and discuss. How fun would that be!?
You need to go to http://www.poopreport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Stories about poop. Discussions about poop. The philosophy of poop. Reviews of poop-related products. No pictures, but everything else poop. There's so much poop, you'll poop yourself.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Shyster wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
You need to go to http://www.poopreport.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Stories about poop. Discussions about poop. The philosophy of poop. Reviews of poop-related products. No pictures, but everything else poop. There's so much poop, you'll poop yourself.
And how would you know about such a website, bud?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

I'm guessing it has to do with similar reasons why he bristled at the apparent slight dished out to anime earlier today. :wink:
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

dagny wrote:People who say nu-CU-lar, instead of nuc-LE-ar. I actually have an involuntary twitch when I hear it.

I have to run some errands now. I'm sure I'll have more pet peeves to post about when I return.
I used to work with a guy who said ath a lete or letic. I wanted to kill him every time.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

Sarcastic wrote:And how would you know about such a website, bud?
I don't recall exactly, but I believe I saw someone use the term "Shameless S**tter" somewhere on the internets, and that led me to poopreport, where I believe the term was coined.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

stopper40 wrote:
dagny wrote:People who say nu-CU-lar, instead of nuc-LE-ar. I actually have an involuntary twitch when I hear it.

I have to run some errands now. I'm sure I'll have more pet peeves to post about when I return.
I used to work with a guy who said ath a lete or letic. I wanted to kill him every time.
There was an older coach on Cowboys' season on 'Hard Knocks' who referred to Martellus Bennett as an ath-a-lete.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

When I hit the guide button on my TV remote and some stupid Verizon ad pops up.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

when I go to make a joke based on a movie reference and the person doesn't get it or I have to ask if they've seen it, they say no and have to be like "ugh, never mind, you don't get the joke"
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

when I go to make a joke based on a movie reference and the person doesn't get it or I have to ask if they've seen it, they say no and have to be like "ugh, never mind, you don't get the joke"
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Make a lot of rugby jokes?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:when I go to make a joke based on a movie reference and the person doesn't get it or I have to ask if they've seen it, they say no and have to be like "ugh, never mind, you don't get the joke"
This happens at my work all the time.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

If I walk up to a person and say the number 37.. and they don't answer with "In a row?"