TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by dodint »

That's supposed to be really good if you go in knowing it's not Breaking Bad anymore. The show has a different tone for a reason.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

2 night premiere? So is it sun + mon?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Yes, sun and monday.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

newarenanow wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Loved the Charlie episode of Sunny last night.
I did too. He did a hell of a job.
REALLY good episode. This season is great so far
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

in other fxxxxx news...i'm half way through this past season of the league. woof. i think i'm done with this show. kevin having an accidental release on ruxin's wife was hilarious. everything else...blech.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Thank you to everyone telling me to stick with Parks and Rec. I'm almost to the end of season 2 and am loving it right now (the wife does too).
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Happy you stuck with it.

Wife and I watched the last three episodes straight through of Gotham last night. Agree with nan, this show is getting better and better and really starting to hit its stride.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

The second part of blacklist sucked
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

shafnutz05 wrote:Wife and I watched the last three episodes straight through of Gotham last night. Agree with nan, this show is getting better and better and really starting to hit its stride.
It definitely has. The first episode after the winter break was a bit rough, but the three since then have been really good. Morena Baccarin has been a welcome addition to the cast, especially since Erin Richards is just a horrendous actress.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:The second part of blacklist sucked
Being the first ep I watched the evening it aired it seemed par for course. Resolve things, but don't resolve things.
Spoiler:
but seriously, it's next to obvious Keen is his daughter
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Also, not sure why but How to Get Away With Murder had a great fall run, to have a hiatus, then only gets a 4 episode run to close out the season, so another show can take the 10pm Thursday slot? (Only 3 more eps left before last night's, which we didn't watch yet.. it was Blacklist, Grey's, Criminal Minds and Cougar Town)
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

relantel wrote:Also, not sure why but How to Get Away With Murder had a great fall run, to have a hiatus, then only gets a 4 episode run to close out the season, so another show can take the 10pm Thursday slot? (Only 3 more eps left before last night's, which we didn't watch yet.. it was Blacklist, Grey's, Criminal Minds and Cougar Town)

How big of a role does Karla Souza have in How to Get Away with Murder? She's a big time actress in Mexico and my wants to watch the show after learning she's in it.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Dickie Dunn wrote:
relantel wrote:Also, not sure why but How to Get Away With Murder had a great fall run, to have a hiatus, then only gets a 4 episode run to close out the season, so another show can take the 10pm Thursday slot? (Only 3 more eps left before last night's, which we didn't watch yet.. it was Blacklist, Grey's, Criminal Minds and Cougar Town)

How big of a role does Karla Souza have in How to Get Away with Murder? She's a big time actress in Mexico and my wants to watch the show after learning she's in it.
I don't know who that is so I can't say without looking it up.

edit: she's one of the group of student main characters (I'd call the group of students a character for the purpose of this show).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Anyone else watching Worst Cooks in America? Maybe just me, but I feel like they are blatantly casting certain "characters" now. Really takes away from the show. Also, I feel like it's becoming increasingly easier to identify who the "best of the worst" are going to be. Whereas previous seasons were enjoyable from a humor factor, I feel like they are trying to force the humor through the personalities of the people they've cast and obviously scripted comments. Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

the wicked child wrote:Anyone else watching Worst Cooks in America? Maybe just me, but I feel like they are blatantly casting certain "characters" now. Really takes away from the show. Also, I feel like it's becoming increasingly easier to identify who the "best of the worst" are going to be. Whereas previous seasons were enjoyable from a humor factor, I feel like they are trying to force the humor through the personalities of the people they've cast and obviously scripted comments. Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
My wife and I are.

I agree with pretty much everything you said as well.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

BattleBots is coming back this summer. But I think it's going to be on ABC and not Comedy Central.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

This Fresh off the boat is pretty good.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

the wicked child wrote:Anyone else watching Worst Cooks in America? Maybe just me, but I feel like they are blatantly casting certain "characters" now. Really takes away from the show. Also, I feel like it's becoming increasingly easier to identify who the "best of the worst" are going to be. Whereas previous seasons were enjoyable from a humor factor, I feel like they are trying to force the humor through the personalities of the people they've cast and obviously scripted comments. Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
I noticed this starting to happen in the second season and stopped watching it immediately. I'm convinced that it's all scripted and staged at this point.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

BCS:
Spoiler:
Spoilered for size.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

I see Ryan O'Reilly from OZ has a new show. Also, Alvarez from OZ is one of the leads in 12 Monkeys.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The current season of Parks and Rec is fantastic
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

shafnutz05 wrote:The current season of Parks and Rec is fantastic
I just watched up to current today, its pretty stellar. The end of episode 5 where Ron has shot down the drone is probably my favorite moment so far.
Spoiler:
I purposely didn't spoiler that part because of how misinterpreted and confusing it likely will be by people who haven't seen it
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Do you need to have watched Breaking Bad to watch and understand Saul?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

If you haven't watched breaking bad yet, then you shouldn't watch any tv until you've done so.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Do you need to have watched Breaking Bad to watch and understand Saul?
No, but if you havent watched breaking bad you are missing out on one of the best shows ever. Its on netflix...binge watch it. I did all 5 seasons in a little over a month or two i think.