GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by eddysnake »

At this point, that commercial is aimed at miller or coors drinkers, right? At the rate craft beer is growing, in 20 years, will budweiser be the small brewery?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

eddysnake wrote:At this point, that commercial is aimed at miller or coors drinkers, right? At the rate craft beer is growing, in 20 years, will budweiser be the small brewery?
"Bringing you the best in small batch corporate beer for over 200 years."
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I am puzzled as to who the audience is. I guess trying to keep the macro drinkers on that side of the fence? But I don't think the majority of Budweiser regulars are even aware of this obnoxious hipster beer sniffer they are attacking.

It read to me as: be a man, be patriotic, not some fruity liberal geek. The funny thing is, what it's actually saying is: be a dog with taste buds in your throat, not someone who wants to drink something that tastes good.

And of course the irony is that AB inBev and I believe bud too are buying up every craft they can get their hands on.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kraftster wrote:And of course the irony is that AB inBev and I believe bud too are buying up every craft they can get their hands on.
The next time you are sipping a delicious BCBS, be sure to thank your craft beer overlords at AB.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

something like 80% of the beer market is comprised of 20% of the customers. meaning the industry exists because of people who drink a six pack of bud every night. they care not for us craft beer sissy's and they loved that commercial.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

yeah, the people that drink Bud every single day loved the commercial. it's a no lose for Bud. They're not going to convince beer aficionados (snobs if you will) to drink their garbage, so there's no sense in trying to not piss them off. And the people that are loyal Bud drinkers tend to think of craft beers as nothing but hoity toity sissy drinks, so they loved the commercial. It's good marketing for bad beer.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

What percentage of total beers that you guys drink is non-macro/craft?

I haven't had a Bud heavy in at least 15 years.

I'd say I am 30% IC Light, 60% craft, 10% random Miller Light/Yuengling/Yuengling Light/Corona to account for beach/party at someone's house drinking.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I'd say I'm about 45% Craft, 50% Homebrewed, and 5% whatever is in the cooler (usually at friend's or family's places)
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

50% Miller High Life
25% Yuenglingish level
25% Beers that I really enjoy
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Miller High Life is underrated. I should include that because my pops usually has that at his house if I have one with him.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

slappybrown wrote:What percentage of total beers that you guys drink is non-macro/craft?

I'd say I am 30% IC Light, 60% craft, 10% random Miller Light/Yuengling/Yuengling Light/Corona to account for beach/party at someone's house drinking.
100% micro. i had a few yeungling's in 2011. that's the closes i've had to a macro in the last 5 years.

it's not exactly snobbery. it's a combination of me being an "organic" type of guy and having no social life.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shmenguin wrote:
slappybrown wrote:What percentage of total beers that you guys drink is non-macro/craft?

100% micro. i had a few yeungling's in 2011. that's the closes i've had to a macro in the last 5 years.

it's not exactly snobbery. it's a combination of me being an "organic" type of guy and having no social life.
So should I sent you one or two cases of IC Light so you can re-discover what you've been missing?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

slappybrown wrote:Miller High Life is underrated. I should include that because my pops usually has that at his house if I have one with him.
I should say that my macro intake goes up in the summer time mostly due to Miller High Life.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

slappybrown wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

So should I sent you one or two cases of IC Light so you can re-discover what you've been missing?
yes...with special instructions to deliver it right to my toilet. because that's where i'd end up pretty quickly.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

shmenguin wrote:

100% micro.
You generally stop at one drink every time, right? If I did that I would probably be 100% micro, to be honest. Unfortunately, that would get expensive at my current weekend rate :lol:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shafnutz05 wrote:
shmenguin wrote:

100% micro.
You generally stop at one drink every time, right? If I did that I would probably be 100% micro, to be honest. Unfortunately, that would get expensive at my current weekend rate :lol:
now, i barely drink. so yeah...one and done. but for a while i was drinking the equivalent of four 5%'ers almost every night. it was an expensive time in my life.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shmenguin wrote:

Same.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

100% micro. none of that talk about switching to a bud light after a few.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

1% macrobrew (Heineken, Stella, Modello Negra
5% Coors Light.
94% other (none of that is macrobrew)

Bud, Coors, Miller tap handles will always be the heavy's as long as they continue to have mass regional producrion and archaic distribution laws that are harmful to the small to middle guys.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

75-80% craft.

20-25% Yuengling/whatever is being served at the party/Blue Moon (I'm not counting Blue Moon as craft)
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Btw, I just read that Anheuser Busch recently bought Elysian, who ironically enough makes a pumpkin peach ale. :lol:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote:yeah, the people that drink Bud every single day loved the commercial. it's a no lose for Bud. They're not going to convince beer aficionados (snobs if you will) to drink their garbage, so there's no sense in trying to not piss them off. And the people that are loyal Bud drinkers tend to think of craft beers as nothing but hoity toity sissy drinks, so they loved the commercial. It's good marketing for bad beer.

did anyone notice that after the part where it says our beer is not to be fussed over they next show something about how it's the only beer aged in beechwood. I enjoyed the entire commercial. It was pretty much a pro advertisement for craft beer.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

eddysnake wrote:100% micro. none of that talk about switching to a bud light after a few.
What if you were offered a bud lite and someone asked it you were ready for anything? :pop:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

stopper40 wrote:
eddysnake wrote:100% micro. none of that talk about switching to a bud light after a few.
What if you were offered a bud lite and someone asked it you were ready for anything? :pop:
I generally have a tough time drinking any of that light beer. If I'm somewhere and all they have is high life, banquet beer or iron city, I have no problems drinking it,just won't buy it. So I guess I probably wouldn't be up for anything.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Mostly craft or foreign beers but will drink Yuengling, Iron City, Miller Lite, and Bud Light on occasion.