Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Crankshaft »

If you put dishes in the dishwasher and they get clean, isn't that the purpose? What does "properly" mean?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

PensFanInDC wrote:For some reason my wife can't grasp the fact that certain items need to placed in certain areas of the dishwasher or it will interfere with the spinning blades. I'll hear a *thunk thunk thunk* coming from the dishwasher. I'll open it and see something way too tall for the top rack and the blades are bumping into it. Every. Single. Time. Without fail.
Haha, or ill hear a loud BANG BANG BANG and know she put the huge blanket in one side of the washer and the sheets in the other side.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

count2infinity wrote:my wife doesn't believe in preventative maintenance of the house. I tend to pick up after myself, but she just leaves stuff everywhere and then all of a sudden she decides it's cleaning day and gets a little pissy when I don't help her clean up all of her stuff. If you do a little bit each day, you don't need to spend hours over the weekend cleaning.
I think this is most females, but maybe its just the ones i have associated with.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Laundry is something I never have to complain about. She's really good at that.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

look at all these married losers complain about their wives...

too bad they aren't single like me. Being single is so fun. Man I love being single.

:(
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Come on MIMHB you're like 23. Don't focus on girls focus on fun.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Idoit40fans wrote:
count2infinity wrote:my wife doesn't believe in preventative maintenance of the house. I tend to pick up after myself, but she just leaves stuff everywhere and then all of a sudden she decides it's cleaning day and gets a little pissy when I don't help her clean up all of her stuff. If you do a little bit each day, you don't need to spend hours over the weekend cleaning.
I think this is most females, but maybe its just the ones i have associated with.
My wife is the exact same way.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

haha I'm kidding. I'm not close to setting down
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:haha I'm kidding. I'm not close to setting down
Why bother when you have a cat? Right?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

slappybrown wrote:I actually find the glassware comes out looking cleaner with fewer spots.
i don't notice any spots without it. maybe i'm looking closely. even with spots...i waste enough money on other stuff. this seems...non-critical?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Crankshaft wrote:If you put dishes in the dishwasher and they get clean, isn't that the purpose? What does "properly" mean?
Properly loading the dishwasher means:

1) You can get more items in, which means less wash cycles and water useage;
2) It's more efficient, so less time is spent loading and unloading;
3) Dishes will get cleaner and dry more thoroughly
newarenanow wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
My wife is the exact same way.
Thirdeded. Mrs Tif's habit is to let her mail accumulate on the kitchen counter. I mentioned how she threw away her W-2? Yeah, it had been sitting on the counter for close to two weeks, unopened. Previously she has left her opened W-2 and a new credit card out on days when we had housekeepers come in.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

haha, I am kind of OCD about keeping the island in our kitchen clean. I LOVE having an island, especially when I am preparing food or whatever. She tends to let things start to pile up on the island, and before you know it it's a mess of magazines, mail, her purse, drinks, etc. Drives me insane.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:haha, I am kind of OCD about keeping the island in our kitchen clean. I LOVE having an island, especially when I am preparing food or whatever. She tends to let things start to pile up on the island, and before you know it it's a mess of magazines, mail, her purse, drinks, etc. Drives me insane.
Same issue.

And then after a while, I go through and throw away whatever I feel is garbage, and then she complains "hey, I wanted to look at that!".

I tell her she should have done it 3 weeks ago when it first came in the mail.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

should start a thread "stupid **** our significant other does"
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Seconded. Have to make it password protected in case she ever finds my login.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

If that thread existed id make sure she saw all updates on it. She would laugh more than i would at it
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I'm shocked that took so long to make it here.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

dodint wrote:I'm shocked that took so long to make it here.
Me too. I kept scrolling expecting to see it.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

Church.

I've had this discussion with my old lady many times.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

The "greeters" At Lowes that pounce on you as soon as you pass through the sliding doors. "Are you working on any projects? Can I help you find anything?" I know they're just trying to be of assistance, but I can go to the service desk if I need help. Just let me buy my screws without having to interact with anyone but the cashier. /antisocialproblems
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

Another one. Clients who pester me about something but never respond to my emails. Backstory: A few weeks ago a senior's mom (who still hasn't bought anything 5 months after the shoot) asked me to send one of the photos to the yearbook. I did. She emails me again last week and asked why I haven't sent it in. I said I did and told her to check with the school. She never responds. I call the school and they, in fact, did not receive the email. Actually, it probably went into their spam filter and they're too lazy to look for it but... So I emailed the mom and sent her a copy of the photo and resent it to the school, telling her she can give her copy to the school on a CD or thumb drive if they didn't get my second email. I still haven't heard back from her so I don't know if the issue is resolved and I've sent her 2 emails asking for confirmation. Idiots.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Hockeynut! wrote:Another one. Clients who pester me about something but never respond to my emails. Backstory: A few weeks ago a senior's mom (who still hasn't bought anything 5 months after the shoot) asked me to send one of the photos to the yearbook. I did. She emails me again last week and asked why I haven't sent it in. I said I did and told her to check with the school. She never responds. I call the school and they, in fact, did not receive the email. Actually, it probably went into their spam filter and they're too lazy to look for it but... So I emailed the mom and sent her a copy of the photo and resent it to the school, telling her she can give her copy to the school on a CD or thumb drive if they didn't get my second email. I still haven't heard back from her so I don't know if the issue is resolved and I've sent her 2 emails asking for confirmation. Idiots.
Never work on a Helpdesk. This is most of the non-tech portion of my job. Chasing people. Why file a trouble ticket and not put your building number on the ticket? WHY.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

dodint wrote:Never work on a Helpdesk. This is most of the non-tech portion of my job. Chasing people. Why file a trouble ticket and not put your building number on the ticket? WHY.
I can't even imagine.
BuckintheLou
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BuckintheLou »

mac5155 wrote:Seconded. Have to make it password protected in case she ever finds my login.
Wouldn't make a difference. I think my wife has been Gestapo trained.
She'd find out. She always does.