TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by dodint »

Same reason to do anything outside of your comfort zone. Broaden your horizons, better yourself, see something new.

A fictional kid gets slapped by a fictional uncle, one fictional time, and how a bunch of fictional adults react to it. It's not a documentary about abduction and torture. ;)
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

It seems like a show where I would get angry watching it. Why would I want to do that?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

dodint wrote:Same reason to do anything outside of your comfort zone. Broaden your horizons, better yourself, see something new.

A fictional kid gets slapped by a fictional uncle, one fictional time, and how a bunch of fictional adults react to it. It's not a documentary about abduction and torture. ;)
You don't touch someone else's kid. Ever. That sole plot line, fictitious or not, would anger me.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Almost as if it were trying to invoke a feeling or something. ;)

Just odd that you're a TWD fan but this is 'too much.' I don't care if you watch it. I'm not going to watch it. Just curious if you ever explore what is beyond the boundary of your bubble. If not, cool, it's not a judgement.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I still dont understand why I would want to watch something that makes me angry. I don't like being angry especially at entertainment. TWD doesn't make me angry. Arrow doesn't make me angry. A show that is sparked by a stranger slapping someone else's kid would infuriate me. Emotions should be brought out via entertainment, that's almost the definition of art, however anger is not an emotion I look for in my entertainment choices.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Fair enough.

Though TWD should make you angry. :P
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

What if it was a show about someone slapping some else's mother-in-law?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

dodint wrote:Fair enough.

Though TWD should make you angry. :P
Not as angry as UTD.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

OMFG, so right.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

UTD didn't make me angry. It made me sad and not in the 'good' Parenthood kinda way.

Well...maybe a little angry...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:What if it was a show about someone slapping some else's mother-in-law?
How I Slapped Your Mother-in-Law
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:What if it was a show about someone slapping some else's mother-in-law?
How I Slapped Your Mother-in-Law
:thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I think there is a difference between stepping outside your comfort zone and watching something vs watching something that will blantantly make you angry or unhappy.

Watching the Bachelor with my wife is "stepping outside my comfort zone". I think the show is stupid, I don't get much enjoyment out of it, but what the heck, I'll watch it because it is something we both can do while trying to fall asleep.

I would not want to watch a show where someone would feed babies to alligators or something like that. That would just make me sick and there is no reason to go through that.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I cannot watch Long Island Medium. It enrages me. Same with these fake reality shows like ultimate survivor Alaska.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I love watching shows that anger me. Like Big Bang Theory. It's the perfect show to watch before a workout because the entire time I just think about punching everyone on that show's face
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I think the Bachelor is gaining a following sort of like how people enjoy movies like Troll 2 and The Room.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Watched the first 2 episodes of The 100 last night. It has potential.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:Watched the first 2 episodes of The 100 last night. It has potential.
Good. Keep watching. Gets better, more bloody, more dramatic. It drew me in before I knew it.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Are there many slaps?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

dodint wrote:Are there many slaps?
On The 100? Oh, geez. Many. Slaps, kicks, punches, sword and arrow kills. Blood. Lots and lots of blood. But it's not a mindless massacre. There is a very engulfing story behind it, much larger than the violence. It's a story of survival.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

What boggles my mind is that there isn't mass hysteria on that space station. Knowing that your existence is nothing more than a stepping stone would have some pretty dire psychological consequences I would think.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

PensFanInDC wrote:What boggles my mind is that there isn't mass hysteria on that space station. Knowing that your existence is nothing more than a stepping stone would have some pretty dire psychological consequences I would think.
They've been in space for 97 years, so I think most, well, I guess all, were born on the station. It's their way of life. They only know of earth and real freedom from stories. This show fascinates me because it is a gripping story and the acting is better than I expected. Isaiah Washington is really good and his second in command is also playing his role well. The younger actors are good. I really thought it might be a cheese fest, but I was surprised at how good it is. Huge cast with a lot of room to explore, story-wise. Keep watching, PF. There is a lot of stuff coming up.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Troy Loney wrote:I think the Bachelor is gaining a following sort of like how people enjoy movies like Troll 2 and The Room.
guilty
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:I think the Bachelor is a following sort of like how people enjoy movies like Troll 2 and The Room.
I simply don't get it
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I love to watch the crazy women. I could not care less about anyone falling in love but the drama can be pretty entertaining.