Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Post by Sarcastic »

Absolutely dreadful. All-star games are never great, but this might be the most unemotional, lazy, and pointless one yet.
BleuLineLady
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by BleuLineLady »

What a joke...Columbus fans heckling Fleury...very classy. What's with the hate? Somehow they think we're their rival...I certainly dont see them that way. They need to focus on their own team...theyre not exactly the '86 Oilers.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I say it's only as unemotional, lazy, and pointless as the one last year. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before.And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I don't know who the hell is playing during this intermission, but doesn't that sound exactly like Divinyls - I Touch Myself?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Gaucho wrote:I say it's only as unemotional, lazy, and pointless as the one last year. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before.And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before. And the year before.
No, I think it's worse. They even try to shoot "gently" as to, I dunno, not break a stick or hurt the goalie?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

SAY FROG PROTECTION AGAIN
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

PghSkins wrote:SAY FROG PROTECTION AGAIN
Best commercial ever. I wished they run it again. So funny.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

This is definitely the worst allstar game regarding compete level. Just stop doing them.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

All-Star Game and compete level. I mean, come on ...
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:This is definitely the worst allstar game regarding compete level. Just stop doing them.
I second this.

Also, the CBL heckling of Fleury was dumb, but at least they have a perceived rival.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Avyran wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:This is definitely the worst allstar game regarding compete level. Just stop doing them.
I second this.

Also, the CBL heckling of Fleury was dumb, but at least they have a perceived rival.
They even seem to be skating about a third of their normal speed. :lol:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

So has Voracek surpassed Giroux as best player in the world?
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

all star games are always garbage, but this is beyond stupid.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

This is awful. Why would any goalie actually want to participate in this nonsense?
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

Even Emrick & Olczyk sound really bored.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

One of the many issues with the all star game is with the "draft" I have no idea who is on what team. And why I should root for a particular team. When it was East vs West, at least I knew who was on the team and I could root for my favorite conference.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I wish it was 4 v 4 or 3 v 3 if they just want a goal fest and enjoy the stickhandling.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

nocera, check your pm.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

nocera wrote:One of the many issues with the all star game is with the "draft" I have no idea who is on what team. And why I should root for a particular team. When it was East vs West, at least I knew who was on the team and I could root for my favorite conference.
That's true. I would normally root for the east. Now, I have no idea who's playing where.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Stick a fork in this event forever. Add four more outdoor games. Zero entertainment !
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Turned the tv on when i got home. Unpacked some stuff and sat down...as you can imagine, that didn't take long. By the time I had sat down, I heard the goal horn no less than 5 times.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

First time in many years I've watched an NHL all-star game, and I still feel soiled for not turning it off.

Time to end it.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah it was on when i turned the tv on. I think I saw kane score, but that was the closest ive been to watching one in a while. That is not hockey.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

This is the first year since I've been watching hockey that I didn't bother trying to watch, or record any part of the weekend. I really just didn't care, and it would appear from the comments that the players didn't, either.