Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

slappybrown wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
slappybrown wrote:So can this thread die now?
No silly. We still have the Paterno lawsuit and the trial against Spanier, Schultz, and Curley to talk about. Not to mention the random digs from Pittrolls
I thought this was about restoring joes legacy for you.
Not quite there yet, but it's getting closer. But what I am really interested in is learning as much as what actually transpired as possible.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

[youtube][/youtube]
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

The restoration of the wins is fine and all but really, it's comical that someone thinks they can rewrite history. I was at a number of those games that were somehow erased. Reggie Bush did win that Heisman. Michigan did go to those back-to-back Final Fours in the 90s. UMASS was at the Final Four in 96. And on and on.

What needs to happen next is the Paterno lawsuit and the Curley/Schultz/Spanier lawsuit needs to get to the court. E-mails need to be exposed. People in positions of power need to explain themselves. All I've ever wanted from the beginning is the truth and if it put people that I respect in a bad light, then I'll have to live with that. There are a number of people that are hiding that truth from the NCAA, the PSU BOT, the ex-governor of PA, and those involved with Second Mile. They need to be brought into court and tell us what they truly know.

As for the statue, it would be nice to have it go up but it's going to become an instant target for the cowards out there who feel like they need to make a statement, but have to do it under the cover of darkness. Let's just allow proceedings to continue until we get some more information. Yes, there will be those whose opinions will never be changed because they've had the media tell them what to think instead of actually seeking out the information themselves. Those type of people who will make that statue a giant target.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Pitt87 wrote:
tjand72 wrote:Time to celebrate!!!!
http://deadspin.com/penn-state-hockey-w ... 1680054317" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

How many other schools would love to spend $500K per win?
Really, the best way to remember Joe is to wait until Monday so you don't interfere with anyone's weekend.
This post was great
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I saw a few screenshots today of the PSU board and wow, there are some strange people
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Bioshock »

count2infinity wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
viva la ben wrote:It's almost like all those terrible things didn't happen!
SO BRAVE!
Seriously. This thread has turned really gross. There are some really vile people out there in white and blue. If that statue ever sees the light of day again... evil honestly has won.

I thank god that 99% of Penn State people aren't like the people who want that statue put back up.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Many don't want to see the statue returned, myself included. If they do put a JoePa statue back up, I'd rather see it outside the library as a reminder of all the things he did for this community beyond football.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

My guess is that the percentage (referenced above) is a lot lower than 99%.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

And yes, it's much, much lower than 99%
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Orlando Penguin wrote:The restoration of the wins is fine and all but really, it's comical that someone thinks they can rewrite history. I was at a number of those games that were somehow erased. Reggie Bush did win that Heisman. Michigan did go to those back-to-back Final Fours in the 90s. UMASS was at the Final Four in 96. And on and on.

What needs to happen next is the Paterno lawsuit and the Curley/Schultz/Spanier lawsuit needs to get to the court. E-mails need to be exposed. People in positions of power need to explain themselves. All I've ever wanted from the beginning is the truth and if it put people that I respect in a bad light, then I'll have to live with that. There are a number of people that are hiding that truth from the NCAA, the PSU BOT, the ex-governor of PA, and those involved with Second Mile. They need to be brought into court and tell us what they truly know.

As for the statue, it would be nice to have it go up but it's going to become an instant target for the cowards out there who feel like they need to make a statement, but have to do it under the cover of darkness. Let's just allow proceedings to continue until we get some more information. Yes, there will be those whose opinions will never be changed because they've had the media tell them what to think instead of actually seeking out the information themselves. Those type of people who will make that statue a giant target.
:thumb: My feelings exactly.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Armour: NCAA failed victims in rush to judge Penn State

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... rit=206567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eager to use Jerry Sandusky's horrific crimes to burnish its own image, the NCAA – President Mark Emmert in particular – crafted a reality out of half-truths and fuzzy facts, then used it to trash the reputations of Joe Paterno and, by association, everyone who went to Penn State for the better part of two decades.

Worst of all, by burying Paterno and Penn State so swiftly, the NCAA pushed to the background the only people who should have mattered in this whole sordid mess: Sandusky's victims.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

Shyster wrote:Penn State moonbats:
This isn't about JoePa! This isn't about football! This is about the truth! This is about justice! We won't stop fighting until the truth is clear and the glorious name of Penn State is cleared.

NCAA:
*Sigh* Fine. How about we give you your historical football wins back, and restore the wins to that dead little gnome of a coach you had, but Penn State still pays $60 million in fines. And by the way, we never acknowledge any wrongdoing or abuse of power.

Penn State moonbats:
Deal! #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409 #JoePa #WeAre #409

Yeah, this wasn't completely about JoePa or football all along, nosiree. Not at all. :roll:
you sound pretty bitter bro
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Armour: NCAA failed victims in rush to judge Penn State

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc ... rit=206567" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Eager to use Jerry Sandusky's horrific crimes to burnish its own image, the NCAA – President Mark Emmert in particular – crafted a reality out of half-truths and fuzzy facts, then used it to trash the reputations of Joe Paterno and, by association, everyone who went to Penn State for the better part of two decades.

Worst of all, by burying Paterno and Penn State so swiftly, the NCAA pushed to the background the only people who should have mattered in this whole sordid mess: Sandusky's victims.
LOL so transparent. The NCAA failed the victims but wrongly judging the ones who failed the victims.

That's the prototypical Penn State stance since this whole thing began. Take 5 seconds to pretend to care about the victims then make sure everyone knows how the NCAA made everything up and screwed over PSU.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:That's the prototypical Penn State stance since this whole thing began. Take 5 seconds to pretend to care about the victims then make sure everyone knows how the NCAA made everything up and screwed over PSU.
Ignoramus level: expert.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

tifosi77 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:That's the prototypical Penn State stance since this whole thing began. Take 5 seconds to pretend to care about the victims then make sure everyone knows how the NCAA made everything up and screwed over PSU.
No its pretty spot on actually. I've had my fill of hearing "but the victims! the victims!" followed by how bad Penn State was wronged. All that matters is that Joe got his wins back, that statue will be back up before the weekends over, and it'll be a never ending crusade too clear Penn State's good name against the big bad NCAA bully that singled out poor PSU for no good reason these last few years.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

man... SJW coming out of the woodwork. Who should pay for one person's terrible horrific actions and the people that are still to have their day in trial that we haven't seen much of the evidence other than some report that everyone took as gospel?

PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I think the stickers and patches are overkill. Be glad with the reversal and move along.

Actually I don't see one on the hoop unis.

Yes I am watching PSU basketball and know I need to find a life. Thinking about a nap maybe.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:
No its pretty spot on actually. I've had my fill of hearing "but the victims! the victims!" followed by how bad Penn State was wronged. All that matters is that Joe got his wins back, that statue will be back up before the weekends over, and it'll be a never ending crusade too clear Penn State's good name against the big bad NCAA bully that singled out poor PSU for no good reason these last few years.
They are two separate issues, I'm sorry you lack the necessary mental faculties to see that clearly.

ITT: morally upstanding pitt fans crying over something they haven't paid attention to since 2012
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Was Corman suing on behalf of the state (and therefore Penn State)?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Lol at the assumption that pitt fandom has anything to do with those opinions.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

DontToewsMeBro wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:
They are two separate issues, I'm sorry you lack the necessary mental faculties to see that clearly.

ITT: morally upstanding pitt fans crying over something they haven't paid attention to since 2012
Screw off. I was responding to an article that very clearly used the victims to defend Penn State. Don't try and tell me with a straight face the #1 priority in all this isnt to clear Penn states good name. We have been hearing this garbage since DAY ONE after the sanctions were handed down. And I'm not a Pitt fan. Even Pitt fans have mostly joined the rest of the world and moved on. There just that tiny faction that keeps bringing it back up over and over and over again.

Joes gone, Sandusky's in jail, and the rest have/will see their day in court. So what's left to fight for? You tell me why this issue hasn't died.
Last edited by DudeMan2766 on Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Armour: NCAA failed victims in rush to judge Penn State

Does Ziegler have a new pen name?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

This is my favorite article so far. :slug:

Bob Smizik: Penn State exonerated; NCAA humiliated

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/smiz ... 1501160226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The hatemongers -- those so jealous of Paterno’s record that they can’t see straight when looking at it -- would have us believe Paterno was taking the victims by the hand and leading them to Sandusky.

That gross distortion is the shame many people will have to carry with them in the days ahead, not that they’ll acknowledge it or even realize it.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Even Pitt fans have mostly joined the rest of the world and moved on. There just that tiny faction that keeps bringing it back up over and over and over again.

Joes gone, Sandusky's in jail, and the rest have/will see their day in court. So what's left to fight for? You tell me why this issue hasn't died.

1. there are at least half a dozen threads about psu over in loser land aka the pitt board, and that's just the front page
2. again, what's transpired between the ncaa and psu is an entirely different ordeal than the criminal trials re: sandusky. I'm not sure why you can't see this clearly.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Oh a few dozen people on a message board I've never been to are still talking about it? I stand corrected