Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

http://onwardstate.com/2014/12/17/10-qu ... ziegler-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

So brave
John Ziegler wrote:The only reason I am on this crusade is that the magnitude of the injustice demands that someone take this on and, largely through a quirk of fate, I am literally the only person who can/will.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Question one: How much income have you generated from this "Crusade".

Question two: Why do you think anyone cares what you think?

Question three: Do you blame the OJ trial for the PSU scandal?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

:face:
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I think I've said this in other threads, but I love when people try to play the martyr role.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

If it weren't already taken, I'd suggest moveon.org as a webspace for these people.
It's just prolonging the situation, in a way that isn't necessary.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Ag trustee candidate files complaint against PSU board, Masser, Huber

http://www.centredaily.com/2014/12/18/4 ... .html?rh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Trustee Blasts Leadership of Penn State Board, 'Radically Different' Reform Bill May be in the Works

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local- ... s,1462266/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Earlier in the year, Corman and Yudichak co-sponsored Senate Bill 1240 in an attempt to reduce the number of board members.

In September, a board of trustees committee passed a proposal that would increase the board to 38 members. On Nov. 13 Yudichak and Corman sent a letter to board chair Keith Masser, asking the board to delay a vote on the proposal.

Less than a week later, the board of trustees voted to increase the size of the board from 30 to 36 members, a move opposed by the alumni-elected trustees who fought for a smaller board.

Yudichak is now planning to reintroduce legislation in 2015 to remake the board and the next proposal could be "radically different" than the previous effort. "Were going to go back to the drawing board," he says. "I think we'll try to codify exactly what it is to be a state-related university. Right now we have a situation where the current majority on the board wants to ignore state law. ... It's a personal agenda. They're ignoring their own bylaws.

"That tells me that I no longer have confidence in the leadership of the board or the direction of the board. ... The current leadership is not capable of reforming the board in a meaningful way," he says.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PA Office of Open Records Head to Join Pepper Hamilton (Louis Freeh's Firm)

http://m.thelegalintelligencer.com/modu ... 1731616138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a coincidence...nothing shady going on here.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:PA Office of Open Records Head to Join Pepper Hamilton (Louis Freeh's Firm)

http://m.thelegalintelligencer.com/modu ... 1731616138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What a coincidence...nothing shady going on here.
The conspiracy widens!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

"@OnwardState: Former #PSUBOT chairwoman Karen Peetz will resign from the board on Thursday and be replaced by Ira Lubert. http://t.co/ijifHGyTc7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Lubert is just as corrupt and gutless, but good riddance.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:"@OnwardState: Former #PSUBOT chairwoman Karen Peetz will resign from the board on Thursday and be replaced by Ira Lubert. http://t.co/ijifHGyTc7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"

Lubert is just as corrupt and gutless, but good riddance.
I took a few weeks off from this story. Missed this one. One more down but not much better in her place.

As long as you have open defiance of state law at the head of the board (Masser) and its majority things won't improve. $64 question is whether Wolf would sign a bill that Yudichek/Corman would propose/have passed.

I had to laugh at the NCAA's filing saying they were acting in good faith and complaining that Corman et al were acting as meanies (in their privilege brief re the claimed privilege involving the Big 10)...
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Looks like the NCAA is tapping out.

"@PhillyInquirer: NCAA in talks to restore #Paterno wins, reconsider sanctions against Penn State, sources tell #Inq. Story TK @phillydotcom"
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Link to story

http://mobile.philly.com/news/breaking/ ... =288332711&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Never understood the concept of vacating wins.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Well if you take enough things away, then when people get mad about the little things (wins) you can call them crazy.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

tifosi77 wrote:Never understood the concept of vacating wins.
It's a sissy way to impose judgment
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Ehh that punishment was for paterno. He's gone now, so the NCAA got what it wanted. If that many people care about what some corrupt organization recognizes for one person's accomplishments, well then..
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

ulf wrote:Ehh that punishment was for paterno. He's gone now, so the NCAA got what it wanted. If that many people care about what some corrupt organization recognizes for one person's accomplishments, well then..
Small price for Penn State to drop the lawsuit. Not sure what it proves or solves, but I'm sure the folks with '409' decals on their cars feel vindicated.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Pitt87 wrote:
ulf wrote:Ehh that punishment was for paterno. He's gone now, so the NCAA got what it wanted. If that many people care about what some corrupt organization recognizes for one person's accomplishments, well then..
Small price for Penn State to drop the lawsuit. Not sure what it proves or solves, but I'm sure the folks with '409' decals on their cars feel vindicated.
It doesn't prove or solve anything, just like vacating the wins didn't prove or solve anything. If any 409ers feel vindicated, well, good for them, I guess. I've never really cared about it.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Pitt87 wrote:
What is c2i going to do will the people who got 409 tattoos do? That laser removal stuff is expensive.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

slappybrown wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
What is c2i going to do will the people who got 409 tattoos do? That laser removal stuff is expensive.
Experience from removing that "Tino" tattoo?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

lol, it's funny because I've never been all that upset by the taking away of wins from Paterno, mostly because I don't fully understand it. It's a meaningless "punishment" aimed at a guy that's dead and obviously doesn't care anymore.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
Experience from removing that "Tino" tattoo?
Remove it? My back piece of Marino, Congemi, Sunseri is nearly complete. Just need another Italian Pitt qb to complete Rushmore.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

NCAA loses bid in Federal Court to toss law over $60 million Penn State fine

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footba ... ine-011315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;