Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by viva la ben »

slappybrown wrote:Just a reminder that EPP pretended to be a 20-year old college student in Massachusetts in an attempt to catfish LGP.
CrossIcePass was officially outed?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

When someone asks all the other posters what issue they have with a certain poster's habits, and 2m58s after that post is made the poster about whom the question was asked offers their own opinion as to why people don't like their posting habits.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Know It Alls.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

tifosi77 wrote:When someone asks all the other posters what issue they have with a certain poster's habits, and 2m58s after that post is made the poster about whom the question was asked offers their own opinion as to why people don't like their posting habits.
:lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

dodint wrote:Know It Alls.
Also :lol:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

It was 1m40s btw
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

dodint wrote:Know It Alls.
I believe the correct spelling is 'know-it-all'.
Spoiler:
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

legit lol
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

People at work who send non-urgent emails at night. I know I don't have to respond until tomorrow, but I don't want to think about your stupid face when I'm home.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

shmenguin wrote:People at work who send non-urgent emails at night. I know I don't have to respond until tomorrow, but I don't want to think about your stupid face when I'm home.
If I don't send that email when I'm thinking about it I forget about it by the next day. Email never gets sent, worlds collapse, we find out if there really is a God or not.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

yubb wrote:
shmenguin wrote:People at work who send non-urgent emails at night. I know I don't have to respond until tomorrow, but I don't want to think about your stupid face when I'm home.
If I don't send that email when I'm thinking about it I forget about it by the next day. Email never gets sent, worlds collapse, we find out if there really is a God or not.
+1
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

60sixx wrote:People that feel the need to post on FB/Twitter/wherehaveyou that "So and so health expert reveals how awful McDonalds'/Coke/smiliar vice is!!!"

REALLY?! McDonald's is bad for me? I had no idea! Everytime I walked into a McDonald's, I thought I was eating health food! It's obnoxious.

And speaking of McDonald's, they ran what I thought was a nice ad during the football games yesterday, showing different sentiments on their signs across the country. Immediately on social media it was a barrage of "Too bad your food sucks" or "stop selling pink slime" or 1000 other similar comments.

I guess my lesson here is stay off social media.
The latest one that I've seen pop up is the "Look what 2000 calories will get you at (insert restaurant.)" Of course you'll hit 2000 calories when you drink a 700 calorie milkshake and order a 950 calorie double heartattack burger with extra bacon and cheese....and that's before they offer you a side or especially dessert. The kicker at the end of story is that 2000 calories at home will get you a meal with 15 different items involved. Maybe that's true if you play by those rules and specifically shop for those items. However you're just as likely to have that double burger at home as you are if you went out with friends. Just because you're out for dinner doesn't mean you can't have a salad or use some caution when ordering some items.

TL&DR: pick your battles when going out to eat, pay attention to calories and you'll be good.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

It's McDonald's reason why you and your children are fat, not because you buy and shovel 40 lbs of fries and burgers down your throat every day.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

mmmmm, burger.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
yubb wrote:
+1
you people are part of the problem
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Mandatory computer restarts during work hours (I know this is blatant shmenguin bait :lol: )
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

shafnutz05 wrote:Mandatory computer restarts during work hours (I know this is blatant shmenguin bait :lol: )
I always put it off and then when I'm trying to leave my computer takes 10 minutes to "install new updates".
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Mandatory computer restarts during work hours (I know this is blatant shmenguin bait :lol: )
I always put it off and then when I'm trying to leave my computer takes 10 minutes to "install new updates".
Yes, I always click "Postpone", and I always wait until my password expires to actually change it, etc.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

We're having that problem in the Army. Since we're being "green" the computers shut off 6hrs after the user leaves, which means we can't do our overnight pushes because the machines are asleep.

Thanks Obama.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

shafnutz05 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Yes, I always click "Postpone", and I always wait until my password expires to actually change it, etc.
Something changed and postpone is no longer clickable for me :(
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

no, i don't care if people put off windows updates. it doesn't affect my company one iota. i always postpone them.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
Something changed and postpone is no longer clickable for me :(
must have e-mailed the wrong dude while he was enjoying dinner with his family
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Can anyone explain why Au Bon Pain's coffee is more expensive than Starbucks? At least here it is... I didn't know until I got to the register as I didn't see signs anywhere. I figured since it was a fill your own cup like at sheetz, the prices would be comparable, but they're not, and the coffee is bad too. Which gets me to my irrational pet peeve:

why is comparable pronounced like comprable instead of compare-able?
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

shmenguin wrote:
no, i don't care if people put off windows updates. it doesn't affect my company one iota. i always postpone them.
How about Windows servers set to restart after updates? I've seen that before. It's bad enough that Windows servers are being used but :face:
Last edited by Factorial on Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

If someone is emailing you after normal business hours do they really anticipating a response? As mentioned before, I do it so I don't forget. I have no expectation that it gets returned. If something is urgent, I will call you and really ruin your dinner