TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by dodint »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Wow, White Bear from Black Mirror is intense...
Yeah, wasn't my favorite but it's pretty good.

Rewatched Be Right Back to introduce someone to Black Mirror. Still one of my favorites and I picked up on a lot more my second time around.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Have you a watched the White Christmas episode yet?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Its not on Netflix yet, I think they're gonna wait for season 3 to complete
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

My Husband Isn't Gay definitely ranks up there with the top train wrecks on TV.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

So I discovered yesterday that all of Gracepoint is still on Hulu -- I had stopped after the 5th ep and my wife after the 1st (having seen Broadchurch).

So the last two days I've watched episodes 6-8 and am partway through 9. It doesn't seem as bad as I first thought it was, but maybe that's my memory not being as good.

My wife was looking for a source for the first three episodes of Blacklist this season - she caught up using Netflix and Hulu has all but the first three of the current season.

Librarians - this show is compressed -- they had two eps tonight, and have a 2 hour season finale already next Sunday. It's almost as if it was a trial balloon season to see if it worked, for Noah Wyle to have something to move on to when Falling Skies ends this summer. Tonight's were good though.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

after getting real close to quitting on Downton Abbey last year, I'm happy to say that the first 2 episodes have been really good. After everyone left, it took a while to reintroduce new people stories, but it's back on top again.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

eddysnake wrote:after getting real close to quitting on Downton Abbey last year, I'm happy to say that the first 2 episodes have been really good. After everyone left, it took a while to reintroduce new people stories, but it's back on top again.
Still don't get the Rose character. I'm also starting to dislike the whole Branson/Miss Bunting story line.

I think they're having trouble keeping the upstairs downstairs thing together as they've been developing the new upstairs story lines.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Troy Loney wrote:
eddysnake wrote:after getting real close to quitting on Downton Abbey last year, I'm happy to say that the first 2 episodes have been really good. After everyone left, it took a while to reintroduce new people stories, but it's back on top again.
Still don't get the Rose character. I'm also starting to dislike the whole Branson/Miss Bunting story line.

I think they're having trouble keeping the upstairs downstairs thing together as they've been developing the new upstairs story lines.
Rose is growing on me. I really dislike Bunting.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Is there anywhere to stream Downtown Abbey? With all the moving and stuff I missed recording the first episode for my wife and I'd like to get it for her. They re-air them all week, but only for the episode from that week. I don't think PBS has VOD on DTV yet.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PBS has a Roku app which shows everything. Not sure if it's anywhere else besides Roku. you can also watch it on their website

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Heh. More girls post on LGP than I thought.

Kidding...kind of
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

eddysnake wrote:PBS has a Roku app which shows everything. Not sure if it's anywhere else besides Roku. you can also watch it on their website

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/watch-online/
Good looking out. Happy Wife, Happy Life. amirite?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I watched the new series Togetherness on HBO. Pilot episode was very good. Check it out.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Anyone watch Episodes? It has a Curb Your Enthusiasm feel, with less smarmy. I think it's already three seasons in but I have free Showtime for 3 months as my DTV Moving incentive and I stumbled across it. I never thought I'd enjoy Matt LeBlanc but he has a good enough sense of humor about himself.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The new season of Mythbusters is very refreshing. Tory, Grant, and Kari are gone and the show went back to basics. There's a focus on the builds, which is fascinating. The show badly needed to change things up, and I don't miss the B team whatsoever.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

That's awesome. I jumped off when those three became the focus. I'll have to check it out again.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Tory, Grank and Kari were really annoying. Their script reading was horrendous and after everything they did their reaction was always the same "WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THATS AWESOMEEEE HAHAHAHA WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I agree. And their segments became extremely formulaic, almost always ending with an explosion, even if the myth didn't call for it.

This season (judging by the first episode), Adam and Jamie really take their time and the process is at the forefront. For example, there was an issue on location at a myth that they had to work out, and rather than the narrator simply telling us about it later, the thought process is shown and you see them working to solve the problem. It helps that there were only two myths, as opposed to previous seasons where sometimes they'd cram 5 or 6 into an hour.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I liked Kari from an eye candy perspective, but overall that trio hurt the show more than they helped, especially after awhile. I might have to check it out now that they went back to the basics.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

dodint wrote:Anyone watch Episodes? It has a Curb Your Enthusiasm feel, with less smarmy. I think it's already three seasons in but I have free Showtime for 3 months as my DTV Moving incentive and I stumbled across it. I never thought I'd enjoy Matt LeBlanc but he has a good enough sense of humor about himself.
1st season was excellent. Hated the 2nd season. Have not watched the 3rd
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Star Wars Rebels is back...with cameos!
Spoiler:
Yoda (Frank Oz's voice at least) was on the episode that premiered on 1/5. Jedi flashback type stuff.
Lando Calrissian makes an upcoming cameo, with hints he may be a reoccurring character: http://insidetv.ew.com/2015/01/12/lando ... rs-rebels/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note in the video that Dave Filoni rocks the Pens cap.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

new hbo show togetherness was pretty good. I look forward to more.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

We knew it was going to happen but it's official now.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment ... ks-2015131
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I also think we will need a Twin Peaks dedicated thread sometime in late 2015 or early 2016.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

PensFanInDC wrote:We knew it was going to happen but it's official now.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment ... ks-2015131
Nice. I wonder if the next season will revolve around the mystery of what the hell happened to Lara Flynn Boyle's face.