TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by dodint »

Idoit40fans wrote:Next watch bill burr im sorry you feel that way.
Trying it now after hearing you mention it a couple of times.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Just watched the first episode of House of Cards Season 2
Spoiler:
Holy crap. That's one way to make a splash in the first episode. That being said, I know Season 3 is forthcoming, so I'm assuming Underwood is still getting away with murder. Oh, and wow his wife is quite the horrific woman too.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Black Mirror is really really really good

I've only seen episodes 2 and 3 of season 1 but yeah
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

It depresses my wife, but she's hooked on it. Can't wait for Series 3.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Orange is the New Black. Great except...
Spoiler:
Chapman is always one sentence away from explaining things but either says nothing or says the wrong thing. i.e. After the radio show in Season 1, her husband reveals she sleeps with one eye open because she thinks her roommate is a murderer. Roomie confronts her and says, "is that what you think of me"? A simple, "when I first got assigned to be your rookie yes, but now that I've gotten to know you..." would explain things. She just stares at her. Annoying.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Black Mirror is really really really good

You skipped episode 1? Dude... Watch episode 1...
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I was listening to a podcast and some dbag spoiled the mechanism for S1E1. I could've punched him through time.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

parks and rec was strong
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

The two episode premier of Marvel's Agent Carter was last night. I thought it was infinitely better than Agents of Shield, which I think is terrible.

It was definitely not made for kids to watch. Great period setting, elements of film noir, and a way to provide color and backstory to the movies we've already seen. I don't think it will be like the Star Wars prequels, where everyone knew exactly where it was going.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

We recently started the Sopranos. I didn't have HBO during its run (except for a year in college), so it's all new. A friend tried to talk us out of it, saying we'll feel like we wasted a lot of time, but I'm really liking it so far. We're on episode 7.

The Wire is up next.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

PensFanInDC wrote:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Black Mirror is really really really good

You skipped episode 1? Dude... Watch episode 1...
Not terribly intentionally. I watched 2 first because it was talked about on a podcast I listen to (Hello Internet) and then I watched 3 because it seemed to get the best reviews of the remaining episodes. I could be wrong but I'm assuming that there isn't a strict order since each show is independent of the others.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

nocera wrote:We recently started the Sopranos. I didn't have HBO during its run (except for a year in college), so it's all new. A friend tried to talk us out of it, saying we'll feel like we wasted a lot of time, but I'm really liking it so far. We're on episode 7.

The Wire is up next.
many many episodes are a waste of your time. but the series, as a whole, isn't.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

nocera wrote:We recently started the Sopranos. I didn't have HBO during its run (except for a year in college), so it's all new. A friend tried to talk us out of it, saying we'll feel like we wasted a lot of time, but I'm really liking it so far. We're on episode 7.

The Wire is up next.
The first 2 seasons of the Sopranos at least are excellent. You may or may not feel the same about the rest, but those 2 make it worth it.

The Wire is one of, if not my favorite shows.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

We move through shows pretty quickly, so even if we end up not liking the later seasons, it won't be long before we move onto something new. And if it gets really bad where one of us ends up dreading watching (I don't see that happening), we'll simply stop watching and go to something else. We've done it before. I'm looking at you, Weeds.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Sopranos is great. Your friend needs to get a life. There are down moments but as a whole it's one of the best series in the history of television. I watched it by myself in 2011 and then watched it again with my wife in 2012. I enjoyed both viewings.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:

The Wire is up next.
many many episodes are a waste of your time. but the series, as a whole, isn't.
Pretty much this. As a whole, the series was great. But there are definitely some stretches that are slow.
Nuge
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Nuge »

blackjack68 wrote:Orange is the New Black. Great except...
Spoiler:
Chapman is always one sentence away from explaining things but either says nothing or says the wrong thing. i.e. After the radio show in Season 1, her husband reveals she sleeps with one eye open because she thinks her roommate is a murderer. Roomie confronts her and says, "is that what you think of me"? A simple, "when I first got assigned to be your rookie yes, but now that I've gotten to know you..." would explain things. She just stares at her. Annoying.
She was by far the least likeable character on that show for me.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Nuge wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:Orange is the New Black. Great except...
Spoiler:
She was by far the least likeable character on that show for me.
Has season 3 started?
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Not yet.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

pittsoccer33 wrote:The two episode premier of Marvel's Agent Carter was last night. I thought it was infinitely better than Agents of Shield, which I think is terrible.

It was definitely not made for kids to watch. Great period setting, elements of film noir, and a way to provide color and backstory to the movies we've already seen. I don't think it will be like the Star Wars prequels, where everyone knew exactly where it was going.
I would agree with this (though I haven't watched AofS, since I had no interest in it and only heard bad things anyway). I actually wasn't planning on watching it, but figured I'd throw it on since I was eating a late dinner, and ended up liking what I saw and decided to tape the rest. The fact that there are only 7 more episodes in this trial season of sorts is actually a plus, with the saturation of so many good things to watch (not a massive time commitment). I definitely plan on catching the rest of it.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

meecrofilm wrote:
pittsoccer33 wrote:The two episode premier of Marvel's Agent Carter was last night. I thought it was infinitely better than Agents of Shield, which I think is terrible.

I would agree with this (though I haven't watched AofS, since I had no interest in it and only heard bad things anyway). I actually wasn't planning on watching it, but figured I'd throw it on since I was eating a late dinner, and ended up liking what I saw and decided to tape the rest. The fact that there are only 7 more episodes in this trial season of sorts is actually a plus, with the saturation of so many good things to watch (not a massive time commitment). I definitely plan on catching the rest of it.
Plus, Hayley Atwell >>>> :lol:

I watched part one of the two hours. Very enjoyable. I liked Agents of Shield's first few episodes, too...so we'll see.

In related news, Daredevil's first 13 episodes comes to Netflix in April.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

April 10th for Daredevil.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/1/7/750890 ... lease-date" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
44windmill
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by 44windmill »

Excited for a new season of Portlandia starting tomorrow.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Anyone watch the fall or Luther streaming on Netflix?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

The Fall was okay. Nothing super memorable but a decent time waster.